The Golden Fleece Project, a massively ambitious altcoin and cryptocurrency mining operation – is kicking off the first stage of its GFL ICO set to begin on August 15, 2017. The team recently finished their pre-sale which ended on July 30th.
Golden Fleece plans to expand and build up a cryptocurrency mining data center on the Black Sea coast in Georgia, a country at the intersection of Europe and Asia, where the national legislation is supportive of cryptocurrency and energy is cheap.
One of the top Georgian banks, Liberty bank is trading bitcoin and Litecoin. Moreover, Bitfury, a leading Blockchain technology company recently partnered with Georgia’s National Agency of Public Registry (NAPR) to put their data on Blockchain.
Other benefits of Georgia for mining
- 0.5 – 0.6 cents per kW/h for Wholesale mining.
- 80%+ of Electricity is produced from Hydro Power Plants.
- BitFury has also invested in mining centers in Georgia.
Speaking with the team, they stated they are currently in the process of getting its smart contract deployed. With the funds received from its ICO stages, Golden Fleece will be growing and developing its mining rigs and facility.
Highlights of the Golden Fleece Project development plan
- Expand mining Center to western Georgia where the majority of electricity production in the country is located.
- $50 million USD investment plan.5,000 square meters of allocated space for the data center.
- 5,000 square meters of allocated space for the data center.
- 20-megawatt consumption of electricity supporting various mining equipment for a number of cryptocurrencies.
For diversification purposes, Golden Fleece is planning to use different types of mining equipment for numerous cryptocurrencies. Ethereum and other GPU compatible altcoins will have the largest share in the facility, however, the company said they also plan to install a small amount of ASIC miners. It has already put a pilot mining facility into production with more than $200,000 USD invested.
Golden Fleece also reported they’ve completed negotiations with energy sector partners which will construct combined hybrid wind and solar power plant on an adjacent territory to supply more than 50% of the data center’s energy needs.
Golden Fleece Tokens
There are 100 million Golden Fleece (GFL) tokens issued in total. Only 71 million will be available during the ICO stage(s).
Tokens will be sold in 3 stages:
1) Pre-ICO sale: July 14 – 30 / 1 million tokens available (now finished)
2) ICO 1st stage: August 15-30 / 30 million tokens available
3) ICO 2nd stage: September 15-30 / 40 million tokens available
1 ETH = 1000 GFL Tokens
1 BTC = 13 500 GFL Tokens
8 million tokens will be distributed and sold out of ICO campaign for up to 10 large partner investors for 0.5 USD per token.
After raising capital for the project, the building phase including grid connections will last 3-4 months. By February 2018, the data center will be operational. Half of the profit generated will be distributed to Golden Fleece token holders by means of a token repurchase scheme. Tokens will be repurchased according to a monthly plan at the market price. Another half of the profits will be reinvested to increase data center capacity.
More information on the Golden Fleece Project can be found in the company white paper.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017