The Golden Fleece Project, a massively ambitious altcoin and cryptocurrency mining operation – is kicking off the first stage of its GFL ICO set to begin on August 15, 2017. The team recently finished their pre-sale which ended on July 30th.
Golden Fleece plans to expand and build up a cryptocurrency mining data center on the Black Sea coast in Georgia, a country at the intersection of Europe and Asia, where the national legislation is supportive of cryptocurrency and energy is cheap.
One of the top Georgian banks, Liberty bank is trading bitcoin and Litecoin. Moreover, Bitfury, a leading Blockchain technology company recently partnered with Georgia’s National Agency of Public Registry (NAPR) to put their data on Blockchain.
Other benefits of Georgia for mining
- 0.5 – 0.6 cents per kW/h for Wholesale mining.
- 80%+ of Electricity is produced from Hydro Power Plants.
- BitFury has also invested in mining centers in Georgia.
Speaking with the team, they stated they are currently in the process of getting its smart contract deployed. With the funds received from its ICO stages, Golden Fleece will be growing and developing its mining rigs and facility.
Highlights of the Golden Fleece Project development plan
- Expand mining Center to western Georgia where the majority of electricity production in the country is located.
- $50 million USD investment plan.5,000 square meters of allocated space for the data center.
- 5,000 square meters of allocated space for the data center.
- 20-megawatt consumption of electricity supporting various mining equipment for a number of cryptocurrencies.
For diversification purposes, Golden Fleece is planning to use different types of mining equipment for numerous cryptocurrencies. Ethereum and other GPU compatible altcoins will have the largest share in the facility, however, the company said they also plan to install a small amount of ASIC miners. It has already put a pilot mining facility into production with more than $200,000 USD invested.
Golden Fleece also reported they’ve completed negotiations with energy sector partners which will construct combined hybrid wind and solar power plant on an adjacent territory to supply more than 50% of the data center’s energy needs.
Golden Fleece Tokens
There are 100 million Golden Fleece (GFL) tokens issued in total. Only 71 million will be available during the ICO stage(s).
Tokens will be sold in 3 stages:
1) Pre-ICO sale: July 14 – 30 / 1 million tokens available (now finished)
2) ICO 1st stage: August 15-30 / 30 million tokens available
3) ICO 2nd stage: September 15-30 / 40 million tokens available
1 ETH = 1000 GFL Tokens
1 BTC = 13 500 GFL Tokens
8 million tokens will be distributed and sold out of ICO campaign for up to 10 large partner investors for 0.5 USD per token.
After raising capital for the project, the building phase including grid connections will last 3-4 months. By February 2018, the data center will be operational. Half of the profit generated will be distributed to Golden Fleece token holders by means of a token repurchase scheme. Tokens will be repurchased according to a monthly plan at the market price. Another half of the profits will be reinvested to increase data center capacity.
More information on the Golden Fleece Project can be found in the company white paper.
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017