Bitcoin payment gateway, Cryptopay just added a mobile app to its growing number of existing resources as it plans to launch an ICO based on requests from users who are interested in investing into the already viable company.
The payment gateway which has been in existence since 2013 provides Bitcoin wallets, debit cards and innovative merchant processing solutions, thereby enabling easy purchase, storing and sending of Bitcoins all over the world.
Bitcoin market accessibility
Accessibility into the Bitcoin ecosystem has been one of the major obstacles behind the delayed mainstream adoption of the cryptocurrency. Where to buy, sell or exchange Bitcoin with fiat remains a missing link to majority of those seeking entry into the crypto space. Merchants who may consider adopting Bitcoin as a mode of payment for easy transactions are also stuck between receiving Bitcoins and converting to fiat.
Hedging against volatility
Due to the relatively low trade volume and market capitalization, it is very common to experience significant volatility in the price of Bitcoin at the instance of any news or development within the community. In such cases, Bitcoin could experience as much as several hundreds of dollars change in price over short periods. These fluctuations have become reasons for the reluctant application of the cryptocurrency by many.
To hedge against such disparity in price, Cryptopay offers 3 FLEX accounts in EUR, GBP, USD thereby making it easy for users to hedge their Bitcoins against major currencies for security and assurance.
Cryptopay debit cards
Traditionally, tangible products like bank notes, debit cards and cheque books promote easy application and sentimental attachment to the concept of money. But most important is the process of adapting with already existing systems offered by such tangible products.
Cryptopay’s Bitcoin debit cards (virtual & plastic) can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, and these cards can be loaded directly with funds from users’ Cryptopay Bitcoin Wallet and spent virtually or traditionally anywhere major payment cards are accepted.
These cards work online, offline and internationally, making it simple for customers to use bitcoin at millions of businesses around the world.
Regulation and security
Bitcoin has been criticized in some quarters as an enabler of shady transactions. This is due to its high level of privacy and relative anonymity. Therefore, meeting up with monetary transaction policies of major governments and financial institutions play a huge role in the implementation and use of the cryptocurrency within the conventional society.
Cryptopay upholds the regulation standards as obtained in most major economies. Also, AML/KYC policies and standards of governments and institutions are strictly adhered to.
Users at Cryptopay are required to prove their identity by sending in documents such as IDs, driving licenses etc. Also, they are required to prove their addresses with statements like utility bills, internet bills etc. The same mechanics is being applied in the first stages of ICO where only verified users will be allowed to invest.
Leading by example
Cryptopay sees this as a good opportunity to carry out an honest and transparent ICO that unlike any other is based not only on the whitepaper but on the products that already work, having been well acclimatized with the market.
In the future, the company plans to tie the ICO to the Cryptopay service performance metrics. This would imply that the amount of tokens that would be allocated to users will be determined by their contribution and engagement within the platform.
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy - September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017