Bitcoin payment gateway, Cryptopay just added a mobile app to its growing number of existing resources as it plans to launch an ICO based on requests from users who are interested in investing into the already viable company.
The payment gateway which has been in existence since 2013 provides Bitcoin wallets, debit cards and innovative merchant processing solutions, thereby enabling easy purchase, storing and sending of Bitcoins all over the world.
Bitcoin market accessibility
Accessibility into the Bitcoin ecosystem has been one of the major obstacles behind the delayed mainstream adoption of the cryptocurrency. Where to buy, sell or exchange Bitcoin with fiat remains a missing link to majority of those seeking entry into the crypto space. Merchants who may consider adopting Bitcoin as a mode of payment for easy transactions are also stuck between receiving Bitcoins and converting to fiat.
Hedging against volatility
Due to the relatively low trade volume and market capitalization, it is very common to experience significant volatility in the price of Bitcoin at the instance of any news or development within the community. In such cases, Bitcoin could experience as much as several hundreds of dollars change in price over short periods. These fluctuations have become reasons for the reluctant application of the cryptocurrency by many.
To hedge against such disparity in price, Cryptopay offers 3 FLEX accounts in EUR, GBP, USD thereby making it easy for users to hedge their Bitcoins against major currencies for security and assurance.
Cryptopay debit cards
Traditionally, tangible products like bank notes, debit cards and cheque books promote easy application and sentimental attachment to the concept of money. But most important is the process of adapting with already existing systems offered by such tangible products.
Cryptopay’s Bitcoin debit cards (virtual & plastic) can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, and these cards can be loaded directly with funds from users’ Cryptopay Bitcoin Wallet and spent virtually or traditionally anywhere major payment cards are accepted.
These cards work online, offline and internationally, making it simple for customers to use bitcoin at millions of businesses around the world.
Regulation and security
Bitcoin has been criticized in some quarters as an enabler of shady transactions. This is due to its high level of privacy and relative anonymity. Therefore, meeting up with monetary transaction policies of major governments and financial institutions play a huge role in the implementation and use of the cryptocurrency within the conventional society.
Cryptopay upholds the regulation standards as obtained in most major economies. Also, AML/KYC policies and standards of governments and institutions are strictly adhered to.
Users at Cryptopay are required to prove their identity by sending in documents such as IDs, driving licenses etc. Also, they are required to prove their addresses with statements like utility bills, internet bills etc. The same mechanics is being applied in the first stages of ICO where only verified users will be allowed to invest.
Leading by example
Cryptopay sees this as a good opportunity to carry out an honest and transparent ICO that unlike any other is based not only on the whitepaper but on the products that already work, having been well acclimatized with the market.
In the future, the company plans to tie the ICO to the Cryptopay service performance metrics. This would imply that the amount of tokens that would be allocated to users will be determined by their contribution and engagement within the platform.
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017