Obsidian, founded by Peter McClory, is currently conducting their ICO to raise funds for their platform and app development. To date the startup has raised more than 5,000 ETH, or approximately $1.8 million, and the ICO will conclude on the 25th. The company will finalize development of the new secure Blockchain messaging platform (OSM) which will guarantee message encryption and anonymous monetary transfers via their cryptocurrency, ODN. With Curve25519 signing keys and end to end bcrypt sha512 encryption algorithms, OSM is the most secure and private messaging application in the world, and may well replace traditional messaging tools.
What Makes Obsidian So Unique?
The team at Obsidian is seeking to raise funds through the ICO in order to complete the development of the Obsidian Blockchain platform, and further develop its private and secure messaging app, OSM. The app will create a new world of dual functioning messenger applications, providing security and payment flexibility at the same time.
The Obsidian platform is uniquely designed to disrupt these industries. The Obsidian Secure Messaging (OSM) application is the most private and secure messaging application of it’s kind because of its foundation in Blockchain technology.
Blockchain technology allows for incredibly high level security for messaging within the Obsidian platform. OSM is a light client offering end-to-end message encryption with perfect forward secrecy (PFS) and relies on EDH.
User accounts are completely secure, since Obsidian IDs are protected with Curve25519 signing keys. Further, for those users concerned about speed of transaction time on the Blockchain, a secondary parallel network is being built in order to create faster-than-Blockchain interactions.
Obsidian has also built end to end bcrypt sha512 encryption algorithms to ensure that messages and files can only be accessed by intended private individuals. Only the sender-directed recipient can access any of the data.
All of this simply means that users will be able to remain anonymous, and data like messages, files, pictures, etc., will never be seen by anyone besides the intended recipient. Timed auto-deletion of transfers also creates an environment where past interactions can never be discovered to anyone.
All these features create some specific advantages for the OSM. The security of the messaging application and the power to send payments means that users can privately and securely transfer information and funds globally with zero security risk.
The internal cryptocurrency, ODN, also creates a uniquely secure platform for e-commerce, allowing transactions to take place in a completely secure environment. Users who want to buy and sell without the invasive oversight of financial institutions now have a way to accomplish that goal.
Further, surveillance of messages and transfer of private documents can be done without risk. For example, corporate secrets can be sent around the world with confidence, knowing that access to the funds is only available to the intended recipients and is completely secure.
With all these unique advantages, Obsidian is poised to disrupt the way consumers chat and send money around the world, providing secure and safe means of accomplishing these goals.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017