KyberNetwork, an anticipated decentralized exchange platform from the creators of Oyente and Smartpool, has officially announced the terms of their ICO and details about the functionality of their native token, KyberNetwork Crystals (KNC).
After receiving over 50,000 applications for their ICO whitelist, in the process becoming the largest Slack community in the world, the company has outlined their financial structure for the future, which is aligned towards long-term growth and viability as the crypto-asset industry matures over the coming years.
“It’s incredible and truly humbling to see the early support and enthusiasm we have received for KyberNetwork,” said Loi Luu, the company’s co-founder and CEO. “Our amazing team has a created a vision and a solid plan for integrating KyberNetwork with what we believe will be the fundamental framework of cryptocurrency trading in the future, and I think the crypto community has also recognized this.”
“With our KNC token and our ICO, we’re looking to build a strong, lasting community around KyberNetwork that encourages enthusiasts of the platform. Even if someone missed our whitelist registration, we feel like there is an opportunity with our ICO structure for everyone to participate as we build our technology and partnerships over the coming months and years.”
KyberNetwork is coming at a time when the ecosystem of crypto-assets is exploding in its diversity and sheer number of tradable tokens and currencies. As more and more projects raise funds through the launching of platform tokens, the number of tokens in the market is continuing to increase. However, the limited options to liquidate tokens in the market makes convertibility of one token to another token a new challenge for both investors and operators alike.
The platform will be the first to implement an exchange that includes trustless, decentralized execution with instant trading and high liquidity by using an innovative system that incentivizes reserve managers. The result is a platform that handles trading, payments, and complex financial transactions like derivative options and forward contracts, while also integrating as a payment API that allows wallets to receive payment from any crypto tokens.
KyberNetwork Crystals will be required by reserves to participate on their network and also used to reward 3rd parties that direct traffic and multiply trading activities on the platform. When a reserve operates on their platform a small KNC fee will be imposed in return for the right to operate and earn profits from trading activities.
Knowing the importance of partnerships to scale and improve platform adoption in the Blockchain ecosystem, the company has also announced their commitment to collaborating with various organizations, including both software and hardware wallets, Blockchain explorers, and on-chain smart contracts to direct users to the platform. As a reward for their efforts, these partners will be paid in KNC for every trade that they introduce to KyberNetwork.
All KNC tokens that KyberNetwork collects from fees, after paying any supporting partners, will be burned – i.e. destroyed and taken out of circulation, ceasing to exist, forever. With this model, KyberNetwork is introducing a unique asset that will increase in demand while decreasing in supply as adoption of their platform and technology grows over time, supporting their goal of rewarding all participants who help grow the network.
The company will raise 200,000 ETH at an initial exchange rate of 600 KNC to 1 ETH through their ICO, with roughly half having already been raised in a private round and the other half being offered evenly to every eligible whitelist applicants. The sale will then last 48 hours to enable everyone on the whitelist the opportunity to participate and also avoid clogging the Ethereum network.
KyberNetwork intends to use the proceeds of the Token Sale as follows:
- 50% to a reserve to be managed by KyberNetwork as a reserve operator.
- 30% for the development and maintenance of the platform service.
- 10% for the operation of and other costs related to maintaining KyberNetwork.
- 10% for marketing and legal costs.
In a statement, the company said:
“It is critical to have and maintain our own reserve in KyberNetwork as it guarantees the liquidity of the platform prior to the participation of third party reserves. Our plan is to first support the popular tokens like OMG, GNT, GNO and REP and a few others. At a later stage when cross chain protocols become more established, we plan to tokenize other cryptocurrencies (for example Bitcoin, Zcash etc.) on Ethereum to enable trades between ERC20 tokens and different coins. To be able to execute this component, a large initial capital is required in order to provide reasonable liquidity and trading volume. Hence the need for a reserve of 100,000 ETH.”
KyberNetwork will only conduct one public sale of KNC, which begins on September 15. Click here to learn more.
To learn more about KyberNetwork visit: https://kyber.network
- The KyberNetwork Whitepaper: https://kyber.network/assets/KyberNetworkWhitepaper.pdf
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kybernetwork
- Slack: https://slack.kyber.network/
- Github: https://github.com/kyberNetwork/
- Medium: https://blog.kyber.network/
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017