Veridium Labs the environmental fintech creating an open natural capital market, has today announced its upcoming crowdsale for the first-ever token backed by high quality natural capital assets, the world’s largest undiscovered market. The token offering will raise capital with the sale of Ethereum-standard TGR tokens, asset-backed by the highest quality, United Nations-recognized forest carbon offset credits, which will be bundled with free VERIDIUM membership tokens that grant access to its marketplace platform.
Veridium Labs is a collaboration between EnVision Corp, a pioneer in market-based conservation solutions and early funder of the world’s first and largest Forest Conservation Carbon project, ConsenSys, the world’s largest Blockchain venture studio, and Alchemist Ventures, a full-service Blockchain investment and advisory company. Alchemist Ventures members have served executive roles as founders, major investors, and leading advisors to projects including Ethereum, Bancor, ZCash, and Factom, amongst others.
Veridium Labs will provide onboarding services for natural capital assets to the Blockchain, thereby creating a transparent pricing and liquid marketplace for the world’s largest asset class, natural capital, and providing economically viable solutions for corporate sustainability.
Veridium Labs Co-Founder and EnVision Corp CEO Todd Lemons said:
“If we expect corporations to achieve truly sustainable supply chains by mitigating their broader environmental footprints, then we need to provide them better tools. VERIDIUM is uniquely leveraging Blockchain technology to unlock the enormous value potential of natural capital, an untapped and undervalued asset class estimated to be worth trillions of dollars. By creating a transparent pricing mechanism, VERIDIUM will offer the market unprecedented liquidity and fungibility for natural capital assets and, in the process, provide a new vehicle for corporations to embed environmental replacements into the cost of their products through investments in natural capital.”
Joseph Lubin, CEO of ConsenSys, said:
“Blockchain technology and Ethereum in particular is enabling the world to tokenize an enormous array of assets. In addition to creating greater fluidity in markets, by shrinking the clearing and settlement durations into the instant of the transaction, the act of tokenization enables markets and ‘assetization’ to be brought to situations where it was previously impossible or difficult. Putting natural assets on the same level as traditional tradable assets forces the world to take notice of the tangible value of such assets and enables conscientious observers to account for such value and act where previous generations blindly and criminally ignored such externalities. This new market might just enable a rebalancing of how resources are used and preserved, and serve as a powerful mechanism to drive and measure sustainability.”
VERIDIUM membership tokens will exclusively be issued during the crowdsale. Once the initial token offering concludes, additional tokens backed by natural capital assets like water rights, renewal energy and biodiversity credits can be issued and traded on the Veridium Network by approval of the independent, non-profit Veridium Foundation. The VERIDIUM membership token will grant holders access to rewards points from the fees charged on all new natural capital assets onboarded to the Blockchain through the Veridium Network. These rewards points may then be used to participate in member only auctions of discounted natural capital tokens. VERIDIUM tokens will be based on Ethereum ERC-20 standards.
TGR tokens, backed by Triple Gold REDD+ Verified Carbon Credits, will be the first high quality natural capital-backed token onboarded to the Blockchain through the VERIDIUM network. Each REDD+ credit is equivalent to the removal of one ton of greenhouse gases from the atmosphere, and conserves, on average, one square meter of biodiverse tropical forest. As each TGR is backed by real world natural capital, new tokens can only be minted when new natural capital is acquired and verified as meeting the internationally recognized standards such as the VCS and Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) standards, or American Carbon Registry (ACR) standards.
At the token offering, up to 15 million TGRs will be available, backed by 15 million independently audited and registered Triple Gold REDD+ credits generated by the Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve in Borneo, Indonesia. The Reserve is a high conservation value, tropical peat forest approximately the size of Singapore, and one of the world’s most endangered ecosystems. It contains the highest biodiversity and carbon stocks of any forest type, and filters and conserves trillions of liters of fresh water every day. Most notably, it protects over 120 threatened, vulnerable and endangered species listed on the Cites RED list and is home to one of the largest remaining high-density populations of endangered orangutans.
Veridium’s co-founders EnVision boasts a client list including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Microsoft, State Street, Zurich Insurance, Allianz Insurance, and Intuit.
Veridium Labs’ Board of Advisors includes pre-eminent experts such as Martijn Wilder Member of the Order of Australia, Head of Baker & McKenzie’s Global Environmental Markets and Climate Change, Chair of the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and a Director of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, WWF (Australia) and the Climate Council; Jeff Reece, Director at Greenhill Cogent; Sean McDermott, an environmental law specialist in the offshore wind energy business and board member for Envision Corporation; and John Bishop, an activist investor focused on environmentally and socially responsible impact investments.
Alchemist Ventures Co-Founder Steven Nerayoff, Esq., LL.M. said: “Veridium Lab’s illustrious Board of Advisors combines world-leading experts in environmental management, Blockchain, and cryptocurrency who are dedicated to completely revolutionizing the natural capital market.
“By leveraging some of the greatest minds in Blockchain technology, responsible for some of the biggest projects in the history of cryptocurrency, Veridium Labs has created a viable mechanism and roadmap for achieving sustainable supply chains with third party certification and is pioneering a path to the regenerative economy.”
Veridium Labs Co-Founder Todd Lemons said:
“Veridium Labs’ mission to provide an economically viable and practical way for sustainable environmental projects to prosper, which we believe is the only way to solve the world’s environmental problems. Veridium Labs will continually seek to add valuable and sustainable projects to its portfolio of high-quality natural capital assets tokens.
“TGR offers an opportunity to acquire enhanced access to underlying REDD+ Credits. Just as importantly, TGR provides a means to reduce companies’ carbon and broader environmental footprints, while supporting rural community development and biodiversity conservation, including the endangered orangutan at Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve. We believe that TGR serves as an outstanding hedge against climate change and stranded assets risk embedded within investment portfolios,” he added.
TGR tokens will be available for purchase in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and major fiat currencies. For more information, visit veridium.io.
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017