Following the release of RefToken’s prototype marketing platform and the significant amount of community interest in becoming a part of the project, the team is pleased to announce the structure and details of its presale and ICO.
“RefToken democratises marketing at a global scale with its pay-per-performance model, allowing businesses of all sizes to collaborate with the marketers that can make their projects mainstream in a risk-free manner by eliminating the possibility of negative campaign returns,” stated CEO Jan Sammut.
RefToken allows Blockchain developers to connect and collaborate with marketers around the world to market their products on a pay-per-performance basis, in a transparent and trustless manner. RefToken eliminates the middle-men (such as marketing agencies and ad platforms) that centralise online marketing and eliminates the inefficiencies that arise from the current model that dominates online marketing. RefToken will be releasing a series of weekly blog posts that will illustrate in detail how it will disrupt the online marketing space.
Key information at a glance:
- Tokens Created: 50M (ERC20 compliant)
- Funding Target: €27.7M
- Fund security: Multi-Sig wallet with keys held by government licenced fiduciary agents
- Presale: starts 2nd October, ends 17th October no minimum contribution
- Presale price: 100% Bonus limited to 4300 ETH (200 RFR/ETH)
- ICO: starts 17th November, ends 17th December
- ICO price: 100 RFR/ETH on day 1 increasing to 50 RFR/ETH on day 30. More details here: https://reftoken.io/ico
Funding will be used to expand the development team, accelerate its deployment and add additional modules that will increase the platforms competitive edge and versatility, these include:
- Super affiliate/MLM management functionality.
- An inbuilt RTB display ad platform (similar to Google’s AdSense) that will allow users to buy ad space on each other’s sites without a middleman taking the lion’s share of the revenue.
- Leader boards & competition module for merchants to incentivise affiliates to promote their brand.
- Commission splitting to allow affiliates to collaborate (e.g. Affiliate A creates great content, yet is not too adept at generating traffic, whilst Affiliates B is a great SEO & C has a significant social following. Affiliate A will be able to approach B & C to offer them a percentage of the commissions raised if they distribute his. This will be done trustlessly via a smart contract on the platform.
- A market where freelancers will be able to pick up copywriting, translation, design and video creation gigs in exchange for a share of commissions generated by that content.
RefToken resolves the ‘chicken and the egg’ problem that faces all start-ups, investors want to invest in companies with rapid user growth, yet user acquisition is extremely expensive (with costs increasing exponentially). As Blockchain dApps start to be released in their thousands an inevitable drive for mainstream user acquisition will ensue (building unicorns takes many millions of users). RefToken will connect developers with the marketers who will promote their app in a risk-free deal as affiliates will only be paid on successful user conversion (e.g. a sale, sign up or deposit).
At a lower level RefToken leverages the Ethereum platform to solve issues with the incumbent affiliate platforms. These include: affiliate fraud, merchants withholding or delaying commission payments and restrictive conversion requirements.
RefToken’s community believes that RefToken will succeed as while the current model that dominates online marketing is broken, backers and investors in projects will always push developers to grow their user base and generate higher revenues. This is often a harsh wakeup call for technology oriented teams who have little experience in marketing and will need to rely on third parties to execute this function, suffering from market inefficiencies that cost them 50% user growth every 3.8 years.
The core team has decades of experience in online gambling (on both affiliate and casino sides of the fence), RefToken was conceived bottom up as a solution to real world problems that have plagued the industry for the last 15 years, and will prove to be a classic example of Blockchain tech providing an elegant solution to an old problem.
RFR tokens have a real-world utility and are used to pay affiliates and fund campaigns. It is not possible to use the platform without buying RFRs, ensuring that they have a real-world functional value.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017