Following the release of RefToken’s prototype marketing platform and the significant amount of community interest in becoming a part of the project, the team is pleased to announce the structure and details of its presale and ICO.
“RefToken democratises marketing at a global scale with its pay-per-performance model, allowing businesses of all sizes to collaborate with the marketers that can make their projects mainstream in a risk-free manner by eliminating the possibility of negative campaign returns,” stated CEO Jan Sammut.
RefToken allows Blockchain developers to connect and collaborate with marketers around the world to market their products on a pay-per-performance basis, in a transparent and trustless manner. RefToken eliminates the middle-men (such as marketing agencies and ad platforms) that centralise online marketing and eliminates the inefficiencies that arise from the current model that dominates online marketing. RefToken will be releasing a series of weekly blog posts that will illustrate in detail how it will disrupt the online marketing space.
Key information at a glance:
- Tokens Created: 50M (ERC20 compliant)
- Funding Target: €27.7M
- Fund security: Multi-Sig wallet with keys held by government licenced fiduciary agents
- Presale: starts 2nd October, ends 17th October no minimum contribution
- Presale price: 100% Bonus limited to 4300 ETH (200 RFR/ETH)
- ICO: starts 17th November, ends 17th December
- ICO price: 100 RFR/ETH on day 1 increasing to 50 RFR/ETH on day 30. More details here: https://reftoken.io/ico
Funding will be used to expand the development team, accelerate its deployment and add additional modules that will increase the platforms competitive edge and versatility, these include:
- Super affiliate/MLM management functionality.
- An inbuilt RTB display ad platform (similar to Google’s AdSense) that will allow users to buy ad space on each other’s sites without a middleman taking the lion’s share of the revenue.
- Leader boards & competition module for merchants to incentivise affiliates to promote their brand.
- Commission splitting to allow affiliates to collaborate (e.g. Affiliate A creates great content, yet is not too adept at generating traffic, whilst Affiliates B is a great SEO & C has a significant social following. Affiliate A will be able to approach B & C to offer them a percentage of the commissions raised if they distribute his. This will be done trustlessly via a smart contract on the platform.
- A market where freelancers will be able to pick up copywriting, translation, design and video creation gigs in exchange for a share of commissions generated by that content.
RefToken resolves the ‘chicken and the egg’ problem that faces all start-ups, investors want to invest in companies with rapid user growth, yet user acquisition is extremely expensive (with costs increasing exponentially). As Blockchain dApps start to be released in their thousands an inevitable drive for mainstream user acquisition will ensue (building unicorns takes many millions of users). RefToken will connect developers with the marketers who will promote their app in a risk-free deal as affiliates will only be paid on successful user conversion (e.g. a sale, sign up or deposit).
At a lower level RefToken leverages the Ethereum platform to solve issues with the incumbent affiliate platforms. These include: affiliate fraud, merchants withholding or delaying commission payments and restrictive conversion requirements.
RefToken’s community believes that RefToken will succeed as while the current model that dominates online marketing is broken, backers and investors in projects will always push developers to grow their user base and generate higher revenues. This is often a harsh wakeup call for technology oriented teams who have little experience in marketing and will need to rely on third parties to execute this function, suffering from market inefficiencies that cost them 50% user growth every 3.8 years.
The core team has decades of experience in online gambling (on both affiliate and casino sides of the fence), RefToken was conceived bottom up as a solution to real world problems that have plagued the industry for the last 15 years, and will prove to be a classic example of Blockchain tech providing an elegant solution to an old problem.
RFR tokens have a real-world utility and are used to pay affiliates and fund campaigns. It is not possible to use the platform without buying RFRs, ensuring that they have a real-world functional value.
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017
- Arna Genomics Introduces A Revolutionary Solution For Cancer Diagnostics And Treatment Biotechnologies – Blockchain Ecosystem Arna Panacea. - September 14, 2017
- Vietnam’s largest smart vending machine operator Dropfoods plans to raise US$9 mil through Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - September 13, 2017
- The City of Boise and ULedger Enter Into Agreement - September 13, 2017
- DigitalTown Introduces Blockchain Platform for Smart Cities - September 13, 2017
- BlueCoin 2.0 Incorporates Bluetooth Transactions & Cold Staking on Bitcoin Code - September 13, 2017
- Algebraix Data, The Company Enabling Consumers to Own and Monetize Their Own Data, Announces SAFT for ALX Tokens, a New Cryptocurrency - September 13, 2017