DataBroker DAO, a peer-to-peer marketplace for IoT sensor data built by SettleMint, has launched its white paper and announced its upcoming token sale, which will start on the 18th of September, 2017. The Databroker marketplace provides IoT sensor owners with a clear path to data monetization and data consumers with a decentralized marketplace in order to buy IoT sensor data.
Individuals, companies, researchers and governments are spending hundreds of billions each year on buying and maintaining IoT sensors according to Verizon and McKinsey studies. The growth of investment and applications in IoT is enormous, and yet, the data captured by these devices is currently firmly locked up in data silos and walled gardens.
The DataBroker DAO intends to bring change to this situation and unleash the potential of data that is currently inaccessible, moving data from uni-purpose to broadly accessible for the broad creation of value added services. As with the financial markets, where the importance and value of company data have been apparent for decades, giving rise to Bloomberg Market Data, Thomson Reuters, Fact Set and many data service vendors, the same opportunity will emerge for IoT sensor data via DataBroker DAO.
The DataBroker DAO Platform
The past few months the DataBroker team has been hard at work to build the working BETA platform. Leading up to the token sale, more and more of the code underlying the platform will be open-sourced. The core features of the BETA platform currently consist of the wallet functionality, the data streams listings, sensor (data) details and the dataset listings.
The core marketplace functionality is powered by an Ethereum smart contract, which enables the listing of the data for sale by IoT sensor owners and the purchase of the data by data consumers with an ERC20 compliant utility token.
The data sold on the platform is recorded on a private and permissioned Blockchain or
traditional cloud infrastructure. It is then subsequently anchored to a public Blockchain, such as the ethereum Blockchain to ensure the integrity of the data being bought and sold.
You can try out the BETA platform at https://beta.databrokerdao.com
What others are saying about DataBroker
“I was impressed by the DataBroker platform when SettleMint first provided a private demo to Medici Ventures in January 2017,” said Medici Ventures President Jonathan Johnson. “With the analysis of product-market fit for DataBroker that SettleMint has done in Europe, the Middle East and Asia over the past six months, and the continued improvement of the platform, SettleMint has made great strides towards commercializing DataBroker. I’m excited to see more in the months ahead. The sale of the DATA utility token for use in DataBroker DAO is well thought out and well-constructed. The DATA utility token is integral to the efficient economic functioning of the DataBroker DAO ecosystem.”
“The intersection of IoT and Blockchain is enormously promising,” said Patrick M. Byrne, CEO and founder of Overstock.com, Medici Ventures’ parent company. “For sensor- owning organizations, the ability to use an immutable ledger to store data, ensure its integrity, and provide a clear path to data monetization, is, a stellar example of the promise of Blockchain. The value of the IoT sensor market is greater than $600 billion USD per year, and is expected to double in the next 3 years, simply for primary usage of the data by the sensor owner! The magnitude and potential value of a marketplace for data-hungry third parties is staggering.”‘
The DataBroker marketplace has already been presented to great acclaim at global tech events including Blockchain Expo in London, Dublin Tech Summit, IoT World Paris, Smart City Saudi Arabia, IoTX Dubai, MoneyConf Madrid, Money2020 Copenhagen, TechXLR8 London, Tech Open Air Berlin, Unbound London and the Smart Dubai Office’s Blockchain Challenge.
DataBroker DAO announces early token sale
DataBroker DAO will be organising an early token sale starting on the 18th of september, which will be running for 4 weeks or until the hard cap is reached.
The token sale of DataBroker DAO is a so called multi-stage sale. Instead of offering all the available tokens at once, like many other ICOs have done in the past, DataBroker DAO will do an early token sale at which they’ll be offering 5% of the tokens (11.250.000 DATA) at a rate of 1200 tokens per ETH (20% bonus compared to main sale).
The goal of this early token sale is to bring the platform up to v1.0 readiness, and more importantly onboard a sizeable group of both consumers and suppliers of data. The proceeds of the early token sale will be spent on growing the team to 8-10 people ranging from business developers, community and development profiles. Additional spending will be allocated to operational costs like infrastructure, office space, marketing and legal expenses.
Once the platform is ready for public launch, and a sizeable group of both early consumers and suppliers are onboarded, DataBroker DAO will hold the main token sale in conjunction with the public launch of the platform. Rates for the main token sale will be set to favour early contributors by 20%. The main token sale will be 6-8 months after the early token sale and the proceeds of the main token sale will be used to scale the marketplace.
Interested to learn more about the DataBroker DAO token sale structure? DataBroker welcomes everyone on their slack or telegram channel to ask questions and discuss the platform & token sale with the team.
- Whitepaper: https://blckc.hn/databrokerdao-whitepaper
- Onepager: https://blckc.hn/databrokerdao-onepager
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy - September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017