DOVU, a Blockchain-powered market for transport data, has taken steps to ensure its token sale will be conducted to the highest standards – including crime risk management measures – collaborating with global accountancy firm KPMG on its company and financial structure.
Monday’s announcement that Chinese authorities are banning fundraising through Blockchain crowd sales for Chinese operators for Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) sent shockwaves through the crypto markets. Since the beginning of 2017, well over $1 billion, mainly in bitcoin and ether, has flowed into such token sales. Blockchain has established itself as a powerful tool for crowdfunding new tech platforms, but still the growing token sale industry also has brought with it the risk of scams, hacks, pump-and-dump schemes, and a general lack of corporate governance and accountability.
DOVU: raising standards
Now DOVU, which is backed by Jaguar Land Rover’s innovation arm InMotion Ventures, is establishing a new benchmark. DOVU aims to provide the mobility industry with large and high-quality data sets, sourced from a wide range of stakeholders including grassroots users. Businesses will pay for access to this data using Ethereum-based DOV tokens, which are offered through a crowd sale on 3 October.
The DOVU team has spent the last 12 months ensuring that they are structured correctly for a properly managed token integration, working with Blockchain legal experts Ramparts to create a distinct corporate entity.
‘We are pleased to welcome KPMG, one of the top 4 global accountancy firms, as our advisors, working with us on our company and financial structure,’ said Irfon Watkins, Founder and CEO of DOVU.
DOVU’s most recent adviser is Andrew Hodgson, Senior Partner at KPMG Corporate Finance. Hodgson joins a highly professional team of transport industry and Blockchain experts. The project’s token sale includes wallet risk profiling and high value customer due diligence processes (using a risk-based approach) to better deal with the risk of crime. With the industry under scrutiny, many will find DOVU’s token sale precautions reassuring.
The news that China’s regulators will prevent Chinese entrepreneurs from raising funds via token sales is likely to bring further focus on this sector in other jurisdictions. Whilst there is some speculation that this is strongly related to concerns about capital flight by Chinese residents, whatever the reasons for the new prohibition in China, it highlights the need for organisations in this sector to carefully structure their sales, consider the risks of crime and the potential applicability of crowdfunding and securities law restrictions.
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017
- Arna Genomics Introduces A Revolutionary Solution For Cancer Diagnostics And Treatment Biotechnologies – Blockchain Ecosystem Arna Panacea. - September 14, 2017
- Vietnam’s largest smart vending machine operator Dropfoods plans to raise US$9 mil through Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - September 13, 2017
- The City of Boise and ULedger Enter Into Agreement - September 13, 2017
- DigitalTown Introduces Blockchain Platform for Smart Cities - September 13, 2017
- BlueCoin 2.0 Incorporates Bluetooth Transactions & Cold Staking on Bitcoin Code - September 13, 2017
- Algebraix Data, The Company Enabling Consumers to Own and Monetize Their Own Data, Announces SAFT for ALX Tokens, a New Cryptocurrency - September 13, 2017