Ari Juels, leading cryptography academic and former RSA Chief Scientist, has co-authored and released a technical whitepaper with the team behind SmartContract.com, a Blockchain middleware provider, used by technical leaders like SWIFT, and enabling smart contracts to securely connect with external data sources and off-chain payment methods.
The academically peer-reviewed paper offers new insights into how smart contracts can expand beyond being used as token sale mechanisms, and presents ChainLink, a new approach to securely connecting smart contracts with real world data, any/all APIs and traditional bank payments.
In a related announcement, ChainLink has added Facebook’s Director of Engineering Evan Cheng as an active Technical Advisor. Cheng previously created LLVM, which is relied on by all Apple iOS and Mac devices to run their secure lower level machine code, as well as playing a key role in how secure lower level machine code is run by some of the world’s leading technology companies, including Google, Intel, AMD, Nvidia, and many other technical leaders that depend on running secure tamper-proof systems.
Cheng received the prestigious ACM Software Systems Award, when LLVM became recognized as a global standard for generating secure low level machine code, enabling the daily use of everything from iPhones to Google search to Nvidia graphics cards.
SmartContract.com and ChainLink CEO Sergey Nazarov said:
“We’re lucky to be working with a technical visionary like Evan, his contribution to how low level machine code is able to securely run many of the services we all use today, makes him a valuable authority about how to make decentralized infrastructure that is also highly secure.”
The ChainLink whitepaper was thoroughly researched and peer-reviewed by distinguished computer science professors, cybersecurity experts, and Blockchain industry leaders. The research was led by Ari Juels, former Chief Scientist at RSA and currently a widely known professor of Computer Science at Cornell Tech’s Jacobs Institute, as well as a Co-Director of IC3, an initiative of faculty members at Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, UIUC, and Technion.
Juels has made notable contributions to the field of cybersecurity and made world-changing contributions to distributed systems research through his well known work on Proof of Retrievability, which leading decentralized systems like Filecoin, Storj and others are heavily based upon. The whitepaper is now available for public review.
Sergey Nazarov said:
“We’re thrilled to be working with a truly gifted academic, technical visionary, and overall great person like Ari, his contribution to both the traditional cybersecurity industry, and the newly emerging Blockchain infrastructure are truly foundational.
“Building ChainLink upon industry-leading, security-focused research places its approach in the strongest possible position to succeed technically. We expect that peer-reviewed, modular, and open source approaches like the ones laid out in the ChainLink whitepaper will allow us to create the secure and necessary connections between smart contracts and key external resources like data feeds, APIs, and various payment systems.”
As a result of the extremely high demand for participation in the ChainLink token crowdsale, the ChainLink team has carefully created a fair pathway to ensure widespread access. The sale, which will commence September 19, 2017 at 15:00:00 UTC, will abide by a strict whitelisting process that allows for the inclusion of the larger Blockchain community, and those interested in supporting a fully decentralized Blockchain middleware.
LINK tokens will be used within the ChainLink Network, which lets smart contracts securely access the many off-chain resources necessary to become truly useful for financial, insurance, trade finance, and other mission-critical agreements. The LINK token will give developers the ability to pay each ChainLink Node Operator for the unique data, APIs, and off-chain payment capabilities they provide. This provides a way to securely, quickly, and verifiably connect smart contracts to external data sources, APIs, internal systems, and existing banking infrastructure, all of which they need to become functional for real world use cases.
Sergey Nazarov said:
“As ChainLink approaches its crowdsale launch, we would like to thank our supporters for the enormous interest in the LINK sale. The community’s tremendous demand to participate far exceeded our expectations, and we are confident that the LINK token sale will create a solid foundation for the ChainLink Network to become the preferred means of connecting smart contracts to critical data, APIs and traditional bank to bank payments.”
The ChainLink Network makes use of several other open source projects. In the interests of giving back and contributing to the community, ChainLink is being developed in an open source manner.
Sergey Nazarov said:
“ChainLink invites and encourages the community to fully review our body of work in both theoretical and technical terms. We are deeply grateful to the academic, cybersecurity, and Blockchain communities for all of the rigorous and thoughtful review they’ve already contributed. We’re looking forward to working closely with these communities to create both secure and truly decentralized Blockchain middleware for everyone’s immediate use.”
The ChainLink whitepaper is available at https://link.smartcontract.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017