Ari Juels, leading cryptography academic and former RSA Chief Scientist, has co-authored and released a technical whitepaper with the team behind SmartContract.com, a Blockchain middleware provider, used by technical leaders like SWIFT, and enabling smart contracts to securely connect with external data sources and off-chain payment methods.
The academically peer-reviewed paper offers new insights into how smart contracts can expand beyond being used as token sale mechanisms, and presents ChainLink, a new approach to securely connecting smart contracts with real world data, any/all APIs and traditional bank payments.
In a related announcement, ChainLink has added Facebook’s Director of Engineering Evan Cheng as an active Technical Advisor. Cheng previously created LLVM, which is relied on by all Apple iOS and Mac devices to run their secure lower level machine code, as well as playing a key role in how secure lower level machine code is run by some of the world’s leading technology companies, including Google, Intel, AMD, Nvidia, and many other technical leaders that depend on running secure tamper-proof systems.
Cheng received the prestigious ACM Software Systems Award, when LLVM became recognized as a global standard for generating secure low level machine code, enabling the daily use of everything from iPhones to Google search to Nvidia graphics cards.
SmartContract.com and ChainLink CEO Sergey Nazarov said:
“We’re lucky to be working with a technical visionary like Evan, his contribution to how low level machine code is able to securely run many of the services we all use today, makes him a valuable authority about how to make decentralized infrastructure that is also highly secure.”
The ChainLink whitepaper was thoroughly researched and peer-reviewed by distinguished computer science professors, cybersecurity experts, and Blockchain industry leaders. The research was led by Ari Juels, former Chief Scientist at RSA and currently a widely known professor of Computer Science at Cornell Tech’s Jacobs Institute, as well as a Co-Director of IC3, an initiative of faculty members at Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, UIUC, and Technion.
Juels has made notable contributions to the field of cybersecurity and made world-changing contributions to distributed systems research through his well known work on Proof of Retrievability, which leading decentralized systems like Filecoin, Storj and others are heavily based upon. The whitepaper is now available for public review.
Sergey Nazarov said:
“We’re thrilled to be working with a truly gifted academic, technical visionary, and overall great person like Ari, his contribution to both the traditional cybersecurity industry, and the newly emerging Blockchain infrastructure are truly foundational.
“Building ChainLink upon industry-leading, security-focused research places its approach in the strongest possible position to succeed technically. We expect that peer-reviewed, modular, and open source approaches like the ones laid out in the ChainLink whitepaper will allow us to create the secure and necessary connections between smart contracts and key external resources like data feeds, APIs, and various payment systems.”
As a result of the extremely high demand for participation in the ChainLink token crowdsale, the ChainLink team has carefully created a fair pathway to ensure widespread access. The sale, which will commence September 19, 2017 at 15:00:00 UTC, will abide by a strict whitelisting process that allows for the inclusion of the larger Blockchain community, and those interested in supporting a fully decentralized Blockchain middleware.
LINK tokens will be used within the ChainLink Network, which lets smart contracts securely access the many off-chain resources necessary to become truly useful for financial, insurance, trade finance, and other mission-critical agreements. The LINK token will give developers the ability to pay each ChainLink Node Operator for the unique data, APIs, and off-chain payment capabilities they provide. This provides a way to securely, quickly, and verifiably connect smart contracts to external data sources, APIs, internal systems, and existing banking infrastructure, all of which they need to become functional for real world use cases.
Sergey Nazarov said:
“As ChainLink approaches its crowdsale launch, we would like to thank our supporters for the enormous interest in the LINK sale. The community’s tremendous demand to participate far exceeded our expectations, and we are confident that the LINK token sale will create a solid foundation for the ChainLink Network to become the preferred means of connecting smart contracts to critical data, APIs and traditional bank to bank payments.”
The ChainLink Network makes use of several other open source projects. In the interests of giving back and contributing to the community, ChainLink is being developed in an open source manner.
Sergey Nazarov said:
“ChainLink invites and encourages the community to fully review our body of work in both theoretical and technical terms. We are deeply grateful to the academic, cybersecurity, and Blockchain communities for all of the rigorous and thoughtful review they’ve already contributed. We’re looking forward to working closely with these communities to create both secure and truly decentralized Blockchain middleware for everyone’s immediate use.”
The ChainLink whitepaper is available at https://link.smartcontract.
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017
- Arna Genomics Introduces A Revolutionary Solution For Cancer Diagnostics And Treatment Biotechnologies – Blockchain Ecosystem Arna Panacea. - September 14, 2017
- Vietnam’s largest smart vending machine operator Dropfoods plans to raise US$9 mil through Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - September 13, 2017
- The City of Boise and ULedger Enter Into Agreement - September 13, 2017
- DigitalTown Introduces Blockchain Platform for Smart Cities - September 13, 2017
- BlueCoin 2.0 Incorporates Bluetooth Transactions & Cold Staking on Bitcoin Code - September 13, 2017
- Algebraix Data, The Company Enabling Consumers to Own and Monetize Their Own Data, Announces SAFT for ALX Tokens, a New Cryptocurrency - September 13, 2017