Ambrosus, the Blockchain-based ecosystem for the supply chain, today announced that Oliver Bussmann, one of the world’s leading experts on financial technology, has joined as a Strategic Advisor. President of Crypto Valley Association and Founder of Bussmann Advisory, Bussmann has served as Chief Information Officer for banking giant UBS and previously served in a Global CIO capacity for enterprise software leader SAP. Ambrosus separately announced that over $35 million USD had been raised in pre-sale for their widely anticipated token generation event (TGE).
“Given the enormous scope and far-reaching potential of our project, it’s vital for us to not only call on those with the technical knowledge, but also in-depth strategic expertise. Ambrosus is honored to welcome Oliver Bussmann as a Strategic Advisor. Recognized globally as a technology thought leader and a driver of change, Oliver’s unparalleled experience will be immensely helpful as we strive to transform traditional supply chains and commodity markets with multiple emerging technologies,” said Angel Versetti, Ambrosus Co-Founder and CEO.
Founded by Angel Versetti and Dr Stefan Meyer, Ambrosus combines high-tech sensors, Blockchain technology and smart contracts to assure the quality, safety, and origins of essential products such as medicine and food. Headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, Ambrosus is officially endorsed by EIT Food and SQS (Swiss Quality and Safety Association) and has received financial backing from the Government of the Canton of Vaud, Switzerland. In addition, Ambrosus is the first Blockchain project to become an official partner of the United Nations 10YFP Sustainable Food Systems Programme, which is responsible for the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
“The Ambrosus project is a prime example of the inspiring innovation and cutting edge technological development currently being conducted in Switzerland. With a dynamic ecosystem of complementing technologies developed within and around the Ethereum ecosystem, Ambrosus has devised a bold rethinking of how global supply chains and markets could operate. By joining the Ambrosus Advisor Board, I am delighted to play my part in driving transparency in the food and pharmaceutical sectors, that will enhance consumer and economic well-being on a global scale,” said Oliver Bussmann.
As Founder and Managing Partner of Bussmann Advisory, Oliver Bussmann advises enterprises, top-tier consultancies, and financial services companies looking to stay ahead of the digital disruption curve. From 2013 to 2016, Bussmann was Group Chief Information Officer of UBS, where he successfully led a major IT transformation effort, instituted a new innovation framework, and established UBS as a pioneer in the development of Blockchain for use in financial services. Prior to joining UBS, Bussmann served as Global Chief Information Officer at SAP, where he led a widely lauded and transformative effort towards mobile. Previously, Bussmann served as CIO at Allianz North America & Mexico and in other executive capacities at Deutsche Bank and IBM.
One of the most influential individuals in the financial technology sphere, Bussmann’s achievements have been broadly recognized. Bussmann was named COO/CTO of the year by Financial News/The Wall Street Journal, European CIO of the Year by INSEAD/CIONET, was the recipient of the Elite 8 Award, given to the most innovative leaders in technology working in capital markets by Wall Street & Technology Magazine, and was twice included on the Financial News “FinTech 40” list of innovators shaping the future of finance.
Oliver Bussmann joins a host of industry experts on the Ambrosus Advisory Board including Jaron Lukasiewicz, former CEO of Coinsetter and Cavirtex bitcoin exchanges, Jehan Chu, founder of the Ethereum Hong Kong Community, David Wachsman, CEO of Wachsman PR, and David Drake, President of LDJ Capital. In addition, Parity will serve as Ambrosus’ Core Technology Partner.
“Over time, the world has become accustomed to recalls, scandals and fraudulent behaviour. Ambrosus was founded to overcome these current deficiencies and challenges with the Ambrosus protocol set to revolutionise how we produce, package and purchase our everyday products. Oliver Bussmann will be an invaluable member of our growing team, as we build a safer, transparent and sustainable future,” concluded Versetti.
The Ambrosus token sale will take place from September 15 to October 14, 2017, where participants can use ETH and major fiat currencies to participate in the sale. The Amber token (“AMB”) conversion will occur at the token sale rate of 1 ETH = 1000 AMB which will be the price of Amber tokens at the public token sale on September 15.
For more information on Ambrosus, visit www.ambrosus.com
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017