Papyrus, the world’s first fully comprehensive and scalable decentralized ecosystem for advertisers, publishers, developers and users built on top of Ethereum Blockchain and smart contracts, today announced its token generation event scheduled for 12th of October.
The project was first conceptualized in January 2017 and has been funded to date by $1 million from private investors. Papyrus aims to develop a disruptive digital advertising platform using a constellation of integrated technologies that will transform and unite the entire digital advertising market in a single, comprehensive solution that offers unmatched transparency, security and cost effectiveness.
“We see disruption of digital advertising as the next big thing for Blockchain,” said Papyrus Product Director Alexander Shvets. “There never was a chance to provide true transparency in the digital ad supply chain before Papyrus because that convoluted and non-transparent environment prevents market players from establishing trusted relationships – abuse and fraud are rampant. Blockchain is the first technology in history that allows the development of an impartial transactional environment that facilitates instantaneous verification of all aspects related to transactions.”
“Papyrus is the world’s first highly scalable solution able to handle hundreds of billions of ad impressions every day in the programmatic ad supply chain and provides complete transparency of all operations for their stake holders.”
“Papyrus goes even further – its creates a new economy for digital advertising, where, along with publishers and advertisers, even end users become full-fledged participants in the ad cycle able to control what ads they see and what personal data they share. End users will get reasonable compensation for their attention instead of just warding off ads with ad blocking software,” Alexander added.
A New Vision for AdTech
Papyrus says they will deliver a decentralized, scalable digital advertising ecosystem capable of processing hundreds of billions of targeted advertisements daily tht will bring together users, publishers, advertisers and developers of decentralized applications (dApps) in a new digital economy with built-in reputation management that incentivizes all parties to interact in an efficient, transparent and mutually beneficial way and penalizes dishonest behavior. This offers unprecedented level of fraud prevention and control, even for users.
The current digital advertising market is plagued by the absence of transparency, costly intermediaries, ad fraud, brand safety issues and growing penetration of ad blocking software. The result is up to 70 percent of advertising budgets derailed before reaching publishers. For every $1 spent, advertisers receive less than $0.50 in value. As the 2017 global market for digital advertising reaches a value of over $223 billion, this could mean $110 billion of misused ad spend by the end of the year.
The uniqueness of the Papyrus approach, according to the team, lies in the “trustless” environment powered by Blockchain technology. Using Blockchain, participants rely on decentralized reputation management and antifraud consensus as well as universal transparency and incentives for fair and efficient cooperation within the ecosystem.
Papyrus emerged as an alternative approach to digital advertising market pains and a response to the overwhelming negative user experience of irrelevant, irritating and cumbersome digital advertising that slows down browsers. In addition, unwarranted surveillance of user behavior and data exploitation by adtech market players has prompted the growth of adblock programs that reduce ad market size and efficiency.
Papyrus brings end users into the digital advertising economy as rightful owners of their attention and data. With Papyrus, users will be able to control what ads they want to see, what data they are ready to disclose and how they would like to be compensated for their attention to ads. This will make ads more relevant and improve the correlation between ad spend and response. This introduces a totally new level of flexibility and comfort for Internet users. The Papyrus digital ad economy will finally balance the interests of advertisers, publishers and end users in a completely unprecedented manner.
While disrupting an inefficient, non-transparency ad market, Papyrus does not directly threaten the players of the established digital advertising market. Existing market players, including publishers, supply side platforms (SSPs), demand side platforms (DSPs), ad networks, antifraud vendors, ad agencies and others can easily integrate with Papyrus at very low cost and immediately leverage Papyrus benefits for revenue in addition to maintaining their traditional ad market approach. Papyrus provides APIs and open source libraries as well as on demand engineering resources for pilot projects to make integration to the Blockchain based ad ecosystem smooth and affordable for virtually all market players.
Blockchain Goes Mainstream in a Big Way
Unlike other Blockchain advertising projects, including BasicAttentionToken, Adchain, QChain, AdEx and others that have a focus on particular components for the digital advertising market such as ad exchanges or browsers, Papyrus is a single point of access, full-service ecosystem for all components, platforms and market players. Another challenge for projects in the field is limited Blockchain scalability and absence of interoperability with existing adtech platforms. Papyrus offers decentralized real-time bidding (dRTB) protocol that is capable of handling vast amounts of simultaneous ad impressions and ad payments in real-time with built-in antifraud architecture that can be easily integrated into existing programmatic ad infrastructure.
The scalability and open architecture of Papyrus represents a truly global, decentralized platform open to all developers of new adtech solutions for continuous improvement and evolution based on fair competition and transparency.
“Papyrus is basically Ethereum for advertising,” says Papyrus Ecosystem Evangelist Thomas Hulbert. ”Blockchain together with our scalability solutions is game-changing tech that will not only solve the industry’s transparency and fraud problems, but unleash a new era of advertising creativity. The Papyrus mission is to use the best of Blockchain to transform the entire digital advertising market by offering advantages to efficient and value adding players and marginalizing unscrupulous and irrelevant players. This will be a major distinction in the new era of digital advertising – if you’re operating on Papyrus, you will be seen as transparent, if not – your credibility will be questionable.”
Technology for the Future
The Papyrus decentralized digital ad ecosystem is built on top of the Ethereum Blockchain and its smart contracts, utilizing a network of state channels for bandwidth scalability and a reliable decentralized data storage structure. This enables Papyrus to minimize storage costs and maximize speed for handling large amounts of data.
Papyrus consists of four layers of architecture with the components of each layer developed as open source software. It employs Blockchain-based identification and reputation management tools for ecosystem participants, as well as a dRTB protocol that will support dApps and instantaneous ad payments. This framework combines decentralization, capacity and speed.
Token Generation Event
Like other Blockchain based environments, the Papyrus ecosystem will operate with utility tokens. Publishers, dApp developers, advertisers, end users and other ecosystem participants will use Papyrus Ethereum-based tokens as a utility tokens for:
- Paying for ad campaigns;
- Service fees for participants, including compensations for end users;
- Registration fees and security deposits;
- Governance of the ecosystem.
After deployment of an initial ecosystem prototype on the Ethereum network on 12 October, Papyrus will launch the public phase of its first Token Generation Event (TGE). During this event Papyrus Ethereum-based prototype tokens (PRP) will be distributed among token buyers. These tokens will be used to bootstrap the Papyrus prototype ecosystem and launch pilot integrations with Papyrus partners, including antifraud vendors, publishers, SSPs and DSPs. The public phase of this TGE round will last 21 day and will be completed when either the $5 million target cap is reached or the TGE period ends. During the public phase PRP tokens will be sold with prices starting from $0.8 and ending at $1.0.
Papyrus is planning to use a milestone-based approach and schedule several TGE rounds to provide deterministic value for the tokens sold:
- TGE Round 1: Launch on 12 October, 2017 after the deployment of the initial scope of the Papyrus ecosystem prototype in Ethereum network.
- TGE Round 2: The TGE Round 2 will be launched after Papyrus deploys the permanent version of the ecosystem and smart contracts and successfully launches pilot integrations with target external advertising platforms and partners providing benefits in real use cases. Papyrus expects this will take place in the next few months.
- TGE Round 3: Tokens allocated for this event will be locked until 2019. TGE Round 3 will be launched no earlier than in 2019 after Papyrus achieves significant market traction, grows its user base and ad traffic volume within the ecosystem.
During TGE rounds Papyrus will be introducing two different tokens:
- PRP – Papyrus Prototype Tokens that will be used in the ecosystem prototype.
- PPR – Papyrus Permanent Tokens that will be used in the permanent version of the ecosystem. These tokens will be generated during TGE Round 2 and will serve as the permanent tokens of the Papyrus economy during its long-term development and adoption on the digital advertising market.
Prototype PRP tokens will be exchanged to permanent PPR tokens after TGE Round 2.
Additional details on Papyrus TGE are provided on the project official website: https://papyrus.global/tokensale
Papyrus is the world’s first fully comprehensive and highly scalable decentralized ecosystem for digital advertising that radically improves the programmatic advertising stack to provide efficient, transparent and mutually beneficial environment for users, publishers, advertisers and decentralized application (dApp) developers using Blockchain architecture.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017