Energi Mine – a Blockchain-based business that uses Deep Learning Artificial Intelligence models to streamline the energy procurement process – is to become the first UK business outside London to raise funds through a Token Sale, the new way for companies to raise money through cryptocurrency.
Energi Mine is launching the sale of its new Energi Token, with the pre-sale process now underway.
A Token Sale is an event in which a new Blockchain project sells part of its protocol tokens to early adopters and enthusiasts in exchange for money today. Token Sales provide a way for cryptocurrency project creators to raise money and build a global supportive community from day one.
Companies have raised nearly $1.5 billion through Token Sales this year alone. The recent Token Sale of Stox, a Blockchain prediction company promoted by boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr raised $33 million while entrepreneurs Michelle Mone OBE and Douglas Barrowman this month announced the development of a crypto-friendly $325 million condo complex in Dubai where investors will be able to use bitcoin to purchase the complex’s luxury apartments.
Energi Mine aims to decentralise the $2 trillion global electricity markets which it says are closed and controlled by a handful of large players – with energy companies incentivised to sell more energy at the highest possible price.
The company is creating a platform that matches customers with smaller generators, as well as creating a global eco-system whereby users are rewarded with Energi Tokens for energy-efficient behaviour.
Energi Tokens can also be earned by energy saving behaviour, such as commuting via public transport, buying an Electric Vehicle or consuming less energy at home or in the workplace.
Omar Rahim, CEO at Energi Mine said:
“We have been working with leading advisors from across the globe to make this Token Sale happen.
“Token Sales provide a way for cryptocurrency project creators like ourselves to raise money and build a global supportive community from day one.
“Demand has been extremely high for some of the tokens hitting the market recently. One business, a new web browser start-up by the founder of Mozilla, raised $35 million in less than 30 seconds.”
Token Sales among cryptocurrency and Blockchain start-ups and have exploded in the past few months.
“Cryptocurrencies and Token Sales are trending upward. They are versatile financial tools that will ultimately become mainstream.
“We believe that when it comes to energy, reward mechanisms must have a financial benefit to the user before behavioural change occurs. Therefore, we believe that the tokenisation of the market will be the only real driver to create a more energy-efficient system.
“Our goals are to reduce energy consumption globally, and create a token-based platform, which provides financial incentives to reward energy saving behaviour.”
In the majority of Token Sales, the tokens being sold are for marketplaces or businesses that have yet to be built. Energi Mine has an advantage in that it is an existing business run by an experienced team of both energy and tech professionals. The company currently focuses on the business sector, and manages over $140m worth of energy on behalf of over 1,100 sites across Europe.
CEO Omar Rahim comes from the energy trading sector, having previously managed over $3bn worth of energy before founding and successfully exiting his commodity trading business.
Technical input comes from COO Momin Hashmee who previously acted as Global App Store Manager for Nokia before a similar role at Lenovo.
Concluded Momin Hashmee:
“There is a direct correlation between an individual’s energy usage and their impact on the environment. Essentially, when a person consumes less energy, they reduce the number of toxic fumes that need to be produced by power plants in the first place to create that energy. This then conserves the earth’s natural resources and protects natural ecosystems from destruction. Each individual step a person takes to reduce their energy intake directly reduces their carbon footprint thus creating a more eco-friendly environment for us all.
“We have set out our plan to revolutionise the energy sector – changing the way energy is both traded and consumed. With power markets on all Continents deregulating to allow for greater competition, the time is right to launch Energi Token. We are excited to be the first UK business outside London taking this new fundraising route.”
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017