BankEx, the decentralized Bank-as-a-service (BaaS) exchange, today announced that Michael Ostrovsky, Professor of Economics at Stanford Graduate School of Business, and Peter Cramton, Professor of Economics at the University of Maryland, have joined as advisors. Using standardized fintech solutions, BankEx aims to bridge the gap between the emerging blockchain sector and traditional finance.
Deploying smart contracts and powered by tokenization of assets, the BankEx platform enables off-balance sheet crowdfunding and chain finance atop extant infrastructure, creating novel and efficient solutions for banks and other financial institutions.
BankEx CEO Igor Khmel is a fintech entrepreneur with experience in product development, operations and digital strategy implementation. With an MBA from Stanford School of Business, Khmel’s professional track-record includes professional tenures at prestigious organizations McKinsey, Deloitte, and Citadel. Later, Khmel founded Sberbank Lab, a fintech laboratory and innovation practice, at the largest bank in Eastern Europe.
“The current banking system is outdated and stifled by legacy issues while at the same time the emerging fintech industry lacks scalability. It is our mission to build an advanced and efficient ecosystem where both industries coexist. We believe that attracting high caliber advisors with unrivaled expertise in technology, blockchain, and finance is key to transforming traditional financial systems,” said Khmel.
Leaders in economics and education, Michael Ostrovsky and Peter Cramton will be joining BankEx’s stellar board of advisors, consisting of industry experts such as Sergey Sergienko, Founder of Chronobank, Sasha Ivanov, Founder of Waves, Nehemia Kramer, an early stage investor in Ethereum, Chris Skinner, a leading financial markets strategist, and Gabriele Colombo, Executive Director of Symphony Foundation.
A Professor of Economics at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Michael Ostrovsky focuses on industrial organization, finance, and market design. Educated at Stanford and Harvard, Ostrovsky is currently the co-editor of the American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, and serves as a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research, where he is also a co-director of the Market Design working group. He has previously worked as a visiting scientist at Google, and has advised a number companies on issues related to auctions and marketplace design.
“I believe BankEx is an incredibly exciting project, attacking big and important problems. BankEx’s goal of connecting the blockchain technology to banking and using smart contracts to build novel solutions can potentially have a large impact on many industries. I look forward to advising BankEx on ways to design and build these innovative solutions.”
A Professor of Economics at the University of Maryland and a member of the International Faculty at the University of Cologne, Peter Cramton has been an expert on auction theory and practice since 1983. A renowned specialist within the exchange and auctions marketplace, Cramton has advised 12 governments and 40 bidders in spectrum auctions and is a co-inventor of the spectrum auction design used in Canada, Australia, and many European countries.
“I am honored to join the BankEx Advisory Board, which includes world-class experts in blockchain, banking, and finance. With past experience in building successful exchanges and auctions, I hope to bring a new depth of knowledge to the project. I am interested and excited to see what the future holds for BankEx and the impact on the financial industry as a whole.” said BankEx advisor Peter Cramton.
BankEx’s partners include Microsoft, Dostavista, a global crowdsourced delivery service that operates in nine countries, Symphony Foundation, a foundation consisting of leading US banks, and the Moscow Exchange, the largest exchange group in Russia.
For more information visit www.bankex.com.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017