DMarket, a global marketplace for trading in-game items has announced the dates of the company’s main token sale. According to CEO and founder of DMarket Volodymyr Panchenko, the second (main) phase of the token sale will start on November 3 and will continue through November 17. No further DMarket token sales will be launched after the end of phase two.
The exchange rate will be 750 tokens for 1 ETH. Minimum transaction amount is 0.1 ETH.
The hard cap of DMarket’s main token sale is 100,000,000 tokens (around $40 million).
“We are ready to allocate 25,000,000 tokens (about $10 million) hard cap for presale; investors can apply for a whitelist now. The minimum transaction for presale is $50,000. The rest of the 75,000,000 token (around $30 million) hard cap will be available for crowd sale. According to our policy, there will be a limit of DMarket tokens sold to a single pair of hands. We want to spread DMarket tokens to as many investors and real gamers as possible,” Volodymyr Panchenko said.
Recently, DMarket raised $10.9 million in investment during the four-day token sale that took place in August 2017. The exchange rate was 1,000 DMarket tokens for 1 ETH.
DMarket tokens will be the only currency for in-game economy. The number of DMarket tokens will be strictly limited. DMarket will reserve 15% of all DMarket tokens that have been sold for product development, advisors, and partners.
The cross-game platform DMarket is based on Blockchain technology and smart contracts. DMarket’s alpha version (testnet) launches in October.
With DMarket tokens, 2.3 billion players from any game on any platform will be able to buy, sell, and exchange virtual items on the new marketplace.
The estimated in-game trading turnover is currently $4 billion, and it only works for a couple of games. The core issues that lock in-game item market development are technology and trading security. During every other trade, hundreds of thousands of databases from every game and every publisher have to be synchronized with each other. But the most important factor is that there is a risk of third-party interference in the trading process. DMarket resolved both issues with Blockchain technology. By offering an opportunity to buy and sell in-game assets to all gamers globally, DMarket creates a new in-game item economy worth more than $450 billion and turns virtual items into real assets with the help of Blockchain technology.
DMarket is supported by prominent game development studios, such as 4A Games (Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light), GSC Game World (S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Cossacks series), Tatem Games (Carnivores, Vivisector, Cryostatis), and the Pantera Capital investment fund. The company is negotiating with dozens of other world publishers to sign agreements in the near future.
The company’s official advisory board consists of leaders in the gaming and Blockchain industries, as well as renowned investors. Oren Klaff (managing director at Intersection Capital), Brian Kerr (managing director at GL Ventures, founder and CEO of Fnatic Gear), Mo Levin (founder of Keynote Events, startup and Blockchain expert), Igor Matsanyuk (chairman at Games Insight, ex-vice president at Mail.ru, founder at IMI.VC and Farminers), Denis Dovgopoliy (founder of GrowthUP Group), Evgeniy Grygorovych (project leader at GSC Game World), Oleg Yavorsky (co-founder of Vostok Games), and Igor Karev (CEO at Tatem Games) are among them.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017