DMarket, a global marketplace for trading in-game items has announced the dates of the company’s main token sale. According to CEO and founder of DMarket Volodymyr Panchenko, the second (main) phase of the token sale will start on November 3 and will continue through November 17. No further DMarket token sales will be launched after the end of phase two.
The exchange rate will be 750 tokens for 1 ETH. Minimum transaction amount is 0.1 ETH.
The hard cap of DMarket’s main token sale is 100,000,000 tokens (around $40 million).
“We are ready to allocate 25,000,000 tokens (about $10 million) hard cap for presale; investors can apply for a whitelist now. The minimum transaction for presale is $50,000. The rest of the 75,000,000 token (around $30 million) hard cap will be available for crowd sale. According to our policy, there will be a limit of DMarket tokens sold to a single pair of hands. We want to spread DMarket tokens to as many investors and real gamers as possible,” Volodymyr Panchenko said.
Recently, DMarket raised $10.9 million in investment during the four-day token sale that took place in August 2017. The exchange rate was 1,000 DMarket tokens for 1 ETH.
DMarket tokens will be the only currency for in-game economy. The number of DMarket tokens will be strictly limited. DMarket will reserve 15% of all DMarket tokens that have been sold for product development, advisors, and partners.
The cross-game platform DMarket is based on Blockchain technology and smart contracts. DMarket’s alpha version (testnet) launches in October.
With DMarket tokens, 2.3 billion players from any game on any platform will be able to buy, sell, and exchange virtual items on the new marketplace.
The estimated in-game trading turnover is currently $4 billion, and it only works for a couple of games. The core issues that lock in-game item market development are technology and trading security. During every other trade, hundreds of thousands of databases from every game and every publisher have to be synchronized with each other. But the most important factor is that there is a risk of third-party interference in the trading process. DMarket resolved both issues with Blockchain technology. By offering an opportunity to buy and sell in-game assets to all gamers globally, DMarket creates a new in-game item economy worth more than $450 billion and turns virtual items into real assets with the help of Blockchain technology.
DMarket is supported by prominent game development studios, such as 4A Games (Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light), GSC Game World (S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Cossacks series), Tatem Games (Carnivores, Vivisector, Cryostatis), and the Pantera Capital investment fund. The company is negotiating with dozens of other world publishers to sign agreements in the near future.
The company’s official advisory board consists of leaders in the gaming and Blockchain industries, as well as renowned investors. Oren Klaff (managing director at Intersection Capital), Brian Kerr (managing director at GL Ventures, founder and CEO of Fnatic Gear), Mo Levin (founder of Keynote Events, startup and Blockchain expert), Igor Matsanyuk (chairman at Games Insight, ex-vice president at Mail.ru, founder at IMI.VC and Farminers), Denis Dovgopoliy (founder of GrowthUP Group), Evgeniy Grygorovych (project leader at GSC Game World), Oleg Yavorsky (co-founder of Vostok Games), and Igor Karev (CEO at Tatem Games) are among them.
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017