Streamr, the decentralized peer-to-peer data sharing protocol, today announced the success of its precontribution window which reached it’s 5 million CHF hard cap in 25 minutes. Tokenizing real-time data, Streamr enables a new way for machines and people to trade data on a decentralized P2P network.
“The centralization of existing data infrastructure has left current systems vulnerable, concentrated, and uninspiring. As we see the explosion of decentralized apps and technologies, it is now time for real-time data from connected devices to share that independence in a robust, secure, and persistent manner. Our platform provides the missing link that makes pipe-dreams of unrestricted, unstoppable data a reality,” Streamr CEO and Co-founder Henri Pihkala said.
Frustrated by the inefficiencies and limitations of traditional centralized data distribution systems, Streamr Network AG was co-founded this year by Henri Pihkala, Nikke Nylund and Risto Karjalainen to offer scalable, low-latency, and secure data delivery. The founding team has worked together for years building an advanced streaming analytics platform which is now being decentralized by Streamr.
Streamr CEO Henri Pihkala previously worked as a software engineer and an algorithmic trader, leading the development of several high-frequency algorithmic trading platforms. Nikke Nylund is a serial entrepreneur with several successful exits in the software sector. With a Ph.D. in Decision Sciences from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, COO Risto Karjalainen brings a wealth of knowledge on real-time computing, machine learning, and behavioral finance. Karjalainen previously worked as a Quant and Portfolio Manager with JP Morgan and Merrill Lynch before immersing himself into the world of real-time data and decentralized computing.
Connecting producers and consumers, Streamr aims to create a market for real-time data. The Data Market categorizes and showcases publicly available data streams. The Streamr token, DATAcoin, is needed to access and operate the market, and to compensate nodes in the P2P network. Subscribers pay for the data with the token while producers and participants are reimbursed automatically and securely.
Advising Streamr as a Technical Expert is Julian Zawistowski, CEO and Co-Founder of Golem, the first global market for idle computer power. Recognizing the shared vision and complementary goals of the two projects, Streamr and Golem began to mutually address the technical overlap in July 2017.
“This partnership brings together some of the most innovative minds in the industry. As we collaborate with Streamr we are not only improving efficiencies but benefiting the wider community. Working simultaneously opens the door to tremendous talent and technology. The partnership will take us, one step at a time, towards a decentralized future,” Zawistowski said.
A luminary in decentralized technology, Julian Zawistowski joins Streamr’s stellar board of advisors, consisting of trailblazers like Wendell Davis, an early instigator for many blockchain-related companies and projects, including OmiseGO and Golem, Thomas Greco, special advisor to OmiseGO, and Dr. Luka Müller, Co-founder of MME and legal advisor to Ethereum, Consensys, and Bancor. Kimmo Halunen, Senior Scientist at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland with over 20 publications on information security and cryptography, has also joined Streamr as its Cybersecurity Advisor.
“Streamr seeks to deliver unstoppable data to unstoppable applications. We cannot do so without the continued support of our passionate community. The overwhelming success of our precontribution period is both encouraging and inspiring, and we are incredibly grateful to our early participants as well as to the wider Streamr community,” added Pihkala.
Opening on September 14, the Streamr precontribution window was the first of its kind on Bitcoin Suisse, the world’s leading crypto-asset broker and asset manager. Operating on a registration model, interested parties underwent a thorough Know Your Customer (KYC) evaluation prior to participating. Following this model, Streamr could proactively manage and prevent any risks associated with token sales, while also raising a substantial amount.
Bitcoin Suisse Head of ICO and Streamr advisor Nicolai Oster said:
“Working closely with the Streamr team has been extraordinary, and I am proud to help them as an advisor. In my professional capacity, I see dozens of new projects every single day, and Streamr stands out as a project with terrific potential backed by deep technical experience and competence.”
Following the successful precontribution period, registration for the Streamr crowd contribution period will commence on October 9, 2017, at 12 noon UTC with DATA tokens available at a rate of 1 CHF = 18.25 DATA. The overall cap for all contributions is 30 million CHF.
For more information visit www.streamr.com.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017