Slovenian foodtech startup, OriginTrail, is adding a significant layer of trust to all product supply chains by innovating on a Blockchain. It is developing a decentralized solution which will close information gaps, save money, and increase trust between organizations. A highly efficient solution will have seamless interoperability between different IT-systems. OriginTrail is planning a Token Generating Event (crowdsale) in November to make the decentralized network open for anyone.
“We already have a strong track record of successful traceability projects with complex, global supply chains and from different food sectors. To bring trust on an even higher level, we started implementing Blockchain in our solutions in 2016. OriginTrail solution is already used by the leading Slovenian food producers to show the provenance of meat, dairy and vegetable products to consumers” said Tomaž Levak, co-founder and CEO. “Our mission is to break the information gap in all supply chains with a collaborative Blockchain-based solution. We have strong partnerships, experienced development team, and inspiring new pilot projects ahead of us.”
Getting supply chain to the Blockchain
With the globalization of trade, we face an inevitable increase of the complexity of supply chains. While enabling enormous efficiency, savings and more choice for consumers, complex supply chains also open doors for fraudulent behavior which can be hard to trace. Supply chain process setup is obsolete in today’s interconnected world. The major problem remains data fragmentation. IT providers who want to establish full supply chain visibility currently have no common ground for collaborative data exchange. Blockchain offers data immutability, but is not cost-effective and can only handle a limited amount of transactions.
OriginTrail is tackling this issue with its own decentralized solution that combines data from all stakeholders in the supply chain and performs consensus checks. Fingerprints of data are safely stored on a Blockchain. “We are already implementing the Blockchain-based solution with our partners. Four high-level pilot projects in Europe and China are being implemented and are using Ethereum Blockchain to track all points in a supply chain, from the primary producer to the point of sale” said Tomaž Levak. To help with the expansion, OriginTrail recently opened its second location in China.
“China presents a huge opportunity for development of retail in general. Being a large market, tech-savvy consumers in large cities increasingly pay attention to where their food comes from. They want to be reassured that what is written on the label in actually true” said Žiga Drev, co-founder and COO, who is managing operations in Shanghai, China.
Next stage: ecosystem, open for everyone
OriginTrail is developing its solution as an open, standard protocol which will help improve efficiency and increase trust in supply chains on a global scale. This peer-to-peer network enables further development of decentralized apps for supply chain management, optimization, compliance, certifications, and much more. The distributed network will be fueled by pre-mined utility tokens which are used to facilitate data processing and exchange functionalities of the network. OriginTrail is planning a Token Generating Event (crowdsale) in November.
“Our new protocol will bring interoperability and information integrity to the fragmented supply chain world. It will be a plug & play Blockchain-based solution, applicable for all product supply chains. By supporting global standards for data exchange (GS1, IoT, compliance standards), OriginTrail assures compatibility with all existing ERP systems, making implementation process seamless and efficient. Finally, it is fully decentralised and open source.” explained co-founder and CTO Branimir Rakić.
The solution will include all information along the supply chain and will enable verification of information at any time. It will be especially useful for complex, globalized supply chains, where implementation of a general solution is often halted or limited by the capabilities of individual systems. With Blockchain being the base of OriginTrail protocol, it firmly stands as a solution that brings the highest standard of data integrity.
Industry-renowned advisors and recognitions
Advisors to the project include professionals with industry-specific knowledge that will help the solution scale. Among them is John G. Keogh, global authority and advisor on end-to-end supply chain integrity and the application of supply chain standards and technologies. His advisory work is especially focused on food chain issues relating to policy, consumer safety, traceability, recall, brand protection and anti-counterfeit. He is working closely with the GS1 organization on global supply chain standards.
OriginTrail’s previous-stage solution was already internationally recognized. It has received 2016 People’s Choice Award in Food+City competition in Austin, Texas, and the winning award from Open Data Incubator for Europe in 2016.
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017