Anyone who has been keeping even a cursory eye on the crypto and Blockchain space for the last couple of years will have seen it undergo a radical transformation. Distributed ledger technology has gone from an interesting technical feature of the cryptocurrency system to a force that will revolutionise industries across the global economy, from central banks to global shipping companies.
This process has been driven in part by the rise in value of cryptocurrencies and the current speculative fever around ICOs, which has seen Blockchain startups raising millions of dollars in funding in mere minutes.
The other primary driver of this change has been the sheer potential scope of Blockchain technology. With the tech having the possibility of impacting so many sectors, it is not surprising that so many important players in the global economy have begun to take an active interest. The World Economic Forum has even called distributed ledgers and smart contracts the foundation of the fourth industrial revolution.
With so much going on, in can hard to keep up with developments in the space. Luckily, the world’s leading Blockchain conference and exhibition, Blockchain Expo is returning to California in November.
And Blockchain News readers can use BLOCK15 discount code to receive 15 per cent off ticket prices!
Taking place in the Santa Clara Convention Center, the heart of Silicon Valley between 29-30 November 2017, the event will see some of the heaviest hitters in the Blockchain space come together to explore how the technology is disrupting the established order in sectors as diverse as healthcare, real estate, energy and government services.
Co-located with IoT Tech Expo and AI Expo, the events are expected to attract close to 10,000 delegates across the two days, making it a fantastic opportunity for networking and learning of technologies on the cusp of disruption.
“After hugely successful events in London and Berlin, we are delighted to bring Blockchain Expo to Silicon Valley this fall,” said Blockchain Expo’s marketing manager, Mark Boyle.
“The Expo provides a brilliant opportunity to learn about the latest in this rapidly developing technology, network with industry leaders, and explore the Valley’s most promising start-ups. The five conference tracks means that there is something for everyone.”
What to look out for:
Blockchain Expo looks to cater for Blockchain professionals, looking to advance their services, as well as those looking for a broad introduction to the technology. The industry as a whole is reaching a critical watershed moment, where it will begin to go from abstract to very, very real in the minds of many business leaders and tech experts.
The recent launch of Corda 1.0 by R3, as well as Hyperledger Fabric 1.0 and Microsoft’s Coco Framework are just a few examples of how distributed ledgers are about to come crashing into the enterprise tech space in a big way.
Confirmed speakers at the Santa Clara span a broad range of industries currently undergoing, and set to undergo, major disruption. These include financial services, healthcare, insurance, energy, music, government, real estate and more.
Jason Kelley of Blockchain leader IBM will offer up an introduction to the potential of Blockchain across multiple industries. Other talks include a case-study from Ian Smith of Gospel, discussing how sensitive data is controlled using Blockchain; and Chris Ballinger of Toyota Research Institute exploring the impact of Blockchain on autonomous vehicles.
Gold and Ultimate pass holders will also be able to attend ICOs and Cryptofinance track, where Initial Coin Offerings are explored by representatives from industry leaders.
Alongside the conference tracks, delegates have the opportunity to explore the exhibition hall and start-up areas, where the likes of IBM, Intuit, Oracle and Bluetooth are exhibiting alongside emerging technologists.
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017