Following a successful token sale of SNT raising more than $100M in less than three hours, Status, the first ever mobile Ethereum client built entirely on peer-to-peer technologies, is currently making three big announcements at DevCon3.
Status is announcing the beta for Status Hardwallet for wireless wallet transactions, introducing a new COO who joins Status from Google, and also launching an open bounty with $1M bounty fund dedicated to open source projects.
Status is an open source mobile platform that serves as a gateway to decentralized apps (DApps) and services built on Ethereum. The base offering enables access to encrypted messages, smart contracts, digital currency, and more.
Status Hardwallet Beta Invites Available
Existing crypto-wallets require a wired connection to perform currency transactions. As cryptocurrency becomes mainstream, there’s a need for seamless and secure crypto transactions. Status Hardwallet is in development and will allow users store, send, and receive cryptocurrencies contactlessly with built-in NFC.
Status Hardwallet offers a highly secure, flexible transaction platform that is:
- Mobile-ready: Simply use NFC with the Status Wallet
- Engineered for security: Status Wallet isolates your private keys for more security
- Compatible with all major cryptocurrencies: Status Hardwallet works with virtually everything, including ERC20 tokens and much more
- Open source: Users can edit the code so Status Hardwallet meets their specific needs and requirements
New COO Nabil Naghdy Joins From Google
Before the successful token sale Status had a 11 team members, now three months later the team has grown to nearly 40 and is still hiring.
Today, Status announces that after successfully leading Google Maps and Google Flights products, long-time “Googler” Nabil Naghdy is joining the team as Chief Operating Officer. With experience creating products built for over a billion users, Nabil’s mission will be charting the vision, roadmap, and execution of the Status product as it moves into beta and beyond.
“As part of an explosive, nascent product category, Status and the Ethereum ecosystem are at an inflection point,” said Nabil. “Fortunately, there’s an exceptionally active community pushing blockchain and Ethereum toward a bigger stage. We’re leading the space and making headway in bringing blockchain to the mainstream.”
Status Open Bounty and $1M bounty fund dedicated to open source projects
Status Open Bounty launches as a bounty-based, open source collaboration tool that gives users the power to find, contribute, and receive rewards for code contributions—and provides a useful method for organizations to source talent by creating bounties.
Created with the primary goal of making it easier and more convenient to participate in bounty-based projects, Status Open Bounty:
- Rewards code contributions on chosen projects
- Pays rewards in the cryptocurrency of one’s choice (Eth and ERC20), without the exchange rates or third-party fees
- Provides quick setup and bounty payouts as it plugs directly into GitHub
Starting today, Status is making a pledge of $1M dedicated to open source projects that will be released over the coming months. Get started on the latest bounties at Status Open Bounty.
“Status is fully committed to making decentralization a reality,” said Carl Bennetts, Status Co-Founder. “We are aware that there are challenges and there is a lot of work to be done, but our goal remains to create an Ethereum-powered world for all. We will continue to invest ourselves in the future of blockchain and push to build a strong open source community.”
Status is a decentralized browser, with built in chat and wallet functionality that makes it easy for anyone to access the decentralized web. With the high-level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017