With the launch of Ethereum’s first multi-smart contract application, Tokit, artists and creators around the world can now power their projects with tokens and tokenized ecosystems. Tokit, short for “tokenize it”, is the first of SingularDTV’s suite of decentralized applications to launch on the Blockchain.
SingularDTV is releasing three categories of application—development, production and distribution applications. When used together, they are designed to empower artists and creators to become their own economies with the overall aim of creating a Blockchain entertainment industry void of gatekeepers and intermediaries.
Tokit, the first of SingularDTV’s development applications, allows users to embed their intellectual property’s rights, revenue and royalties into a programmable token. This feature, which has never existed in software architecture before, is made possible by the Blockchain’s data-network convergence and consensus algorithm. Combined with SingularDTV applications, it gives users unprecedented control over the exploitation of their work.
Zach LeBeau, CEO of SingularDTV commented:
“There’s an elaborate system of gatekeepers out there that oppress and suppress expression. When an artist does manage to express to the world, there is an even more elaborate system of intermediaries that extract value and revenue from that expression, making it nearly impossible for most to make a living from their art. Those days are coming to an end as SingularDTV launches applications that put the artist in control of their property from development to distribution.”
A New Type of Artist-Fan Relationship
Tokit and the SingularDTV suite of applications also offer new and exciting benefits for the audience. Now artists and fans can enter into a completely new type of reciprocal relationship that can sustain an artist throughout the life of their career, while also enriching their fan-base in the process. Because tokens generated in Tokit are embedded with the intellectual property of a project, when those projects generate revenue, that revenue instantaneously appears in the token for the fans to either withdraw or store.
Tokens can also act as the means in which to pay for content as well. In the present dynamic, fans don’t receive any tangible value for spreading the word to friends and family about their favorite film, television show or song, but if they hold their favorite song’s token, when their friends and family pay to access that content, that revenue is pushed into the token for the fans to benefit from. Now word-of-mouth marketing has real value.
Why Your Favorite TV Shows Never Have to be Cancelled
When project tokens are launched to the public, they realize a market cap through the various crypto-exchanges around the world where they can be traded. If a television series is tokenized, and generates a loyal and enthusiastic fan-base, that series can be sustained by its audience. Because revenue of the series is embedded in its own token, and also because the token can be used to watch episodes of that series – like a ticket for admission – audience will buy tokens to watch their favorite series.
They will also buy tokens to hold for the purpose of receiving the revenue generated by that series. The more audience, the more revenue generated, therefore the higher the value of the tokens, which will theoretically drive buying demand for those tokens. As long as the television series has a “token reserve” in place, learn more about Token Economics here, producers can liquidate that reserve on crypto-exchanges to fund subsequent seasons. With a growing fan-base acquiring tokens, the market cap of the series could increase exponentially, sustaining its lifespan for several seasons, or as long as the audience wants to participate in the economy of that series.
SingularDTV will be launching various television series to prove this new model.
Kim Jackson, SingularDTV’s President of Entertainment comments:
“Tokenized ecosystems allow for audiences and artists to mutually benefit from the success of a film or television show, and with no gatekeepers taking all the profit from the creators, this is the answer entertainment distribution has been waiting for.”
WHAT IS A TOKENIZED ECOSYSTEM?
In the centralized legacy world, what we call the “old-world”, business structures are called corporations, LLC’s, etc. But in this new world of Blockchain technology, Ethereum and SingularDTV, the new type of decentralized business structure is called a tokenized ecosystem. A tokenized ecosystem is made up of tokens that can be programmed with various functions and features that are powered by a smart contract system.
SingularDTV is an EnTech (entertainment technology) company utilizing Blockchain technology to create tokenized entertainment economies that empowers both content creators and consumers. The company presents filmmakers, musicians and artists with the tools to capitalize on its proprietary Blockchain-based technology in order to fund, distribute and market their content, in a peer-to-peer environment, eliminating traditional funding obstacles and distribution intermediaries.
- To learn more about SingularDTV: singulardtv.com/video/aW4BuA9Xcwk
- SingularDTV website: https://singulardtv.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SingularDTV
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SingularDTV/
- Medium: https://medium.com/@SingularDTV
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017