With the launch of Ethereum’s first multi-smart contract application, Tokit, artists and creators around the world can now power their projects with tokens and tokenized ecosystems. Tokit, short for “tokenize it”, is the first of SingularDTV’s suite of decentralized applications to launch on the Blockchain.
SingularDTV is releasing three categories of application—development, production and distribution applications. When used together, they are designed to empower artists and creators to become their own economies with the overall aim of creating a Blockchain entertainment industry void of gatekeepers and intermediaries.
Tokit, the first of SingularDTV’s development applications, allows users to embed their intellectual property’s rights, revenue and royalties into a programmable token. This feature, which has never existed in software architecture before, is made possible by the Blockchain’s data-network convergence and consensus algorithm. Combined with SingularDTV applications, it gives users unprecedented control over the exploitation of their work.
Zach LeBeau, CEO of SingularDTV commented:
“There’s an elaborate system of gatekeepers out there that oppress and suppress expression. When an artist does manage to express to the world, there is an even more elaborate system of intermediaries that extract value and revenue from that expression, making it nearly impossible for most to make a living from their art. Those days are coming to an end as SingularDTV launches applications that put the artist in control of their property from development to distribution.”
A New Type of Artist-Fan Relationship
Tokit and the SingularDTV suite of applications also offer new and exciting benefits for the audience. Now artists and fans can enter into a completely new type of reciprocal relationship that can sustain an artist throughout the life of their career, while also enriching their fan-base in the process. Because tokens generated in Tokit are embedded with the intellectual property of a project, when those projects generate revenue, that revenue instantaneously appears in the token for the fans to either withdraw or store.
Tokens can also act as the means in which to pay for content as well. In the present dynamic, fans don’t receive any tangible value for spreading the word to friends and family about their favorite film, television show or song, but if they hold their favorite song’s token, when their friends and family pay to access that content, that revenue is pushed into the token for the fans to benefit from. Now word-of-mouth marketing has real value.
Why Your Favorite TV Shows Never Have to be Cancelled
When project tokens are launched to the public, they realize a market cap through the various crypto-exchanges around the world where they can be traded. If a television series is tokenized, and generates a loyal and enthusiastic fan-base, that series can be sustained by its audience. Because revenue of the series is embedded in its own token, and also because the token can be used to watch episodes of that series – like a ticket for admission – audience will buy tokens to watch their favorite series.
They will also buy tokens to hold for the purpose of receiving the revenue generated by that series. The more audience, the more revenue generated, therefore the higher the value of the tokens, which will theoretically drive buying demand for those tokens. As long as the television series has a “token reserve” in place, learn more about Token Economics here, producers can liquidate that reserve on crypto-exchanges to fund subsequent seasons. With a growing fan-base acquiring tokens, the market cap of the series could increase exponentially, sustaining its lifespan for several seasons, or as long as the audience wants to participate in the economy of that series.
SingularDTV will be launching various television series to prove this new model.
Kim Jackson, SingularDTV’s President of Entertainment comments:
“Tokenized ecosystems allow for audiences and artists to mutually benefit from the success of a film or television show, and with no gatekeepers taking all the profit from the creators, this is the answer entertainment distribution has been waiting for.”
WHAT IS A TOKENIZED ECOSYSTEM?
In the centralized legacy world, what we call the “old-world”, business structures are called corporations, LLC’s, etc. But in this new world of Blockchain technology, Ethereum and SingularDTV, the new type of decentralized business structure is called a tokenized ecosystem. A tokenized ecosystem is made up of tokens that can be programmed with various functions and features that are powered by a smart contract system.
SingularDTV is an EnTech (entertainment technology) company utilizing Blockchain technology to create tokenized entertainment economies that empowers both content creators and consumers. The company presents filmmakers, musicians and artists with the tools to capitalize on its proprietary Blockchain-based technology in order to fund, distribute and market their content, in a peer-to-peer environment, eliminating traditional funding obstacles and distribution intermediaries.
- To learn more about SingularDTV: singulardtv.com/video/aW4BuA9Xcwk
- SingularDTV website: https://singulardtv.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SingularDTV
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SingularDTV/
- Medium: https://medium.com/@SingularDTV
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017