OriginTrail a decentralized supply chain protocol is the winner of Walmart’s Food Safety Collaboration Center’s for the year 2017 – with its pilot project for Yimishiji, one of China’s largest online food stores.
The project builds on an existing use case which is enhancing traceability in European food supply chains since 2014. The new Blockchain solution enables even more credibility in the data provided.
Global supply chain data is increasingly fragmented and mostly works just on the “one step up, one step down” principle. On the other hand, current decentralized solutions are of limited use for supply chain use cases due to poor scalability and cost inefficiency. OriginTrail developed a unique protocol enabling IT providers in the supply chain industry quick implementation of Blockchain-supported data sharing in multi-organizational environments. It helps build transparency and integrity of data by performing consensus checks and safely storing fingerprints of data on immutable Blockchain ledgers.
“We are proud that our innovative, Blockchain-based traceability solution was recognized by Walmart, where they share our vision for transparent supply chains as a precondition for food safety. OriginTrail helps to ensure a safe choice for consumers and at the same time, protects brands” said Tomaz Levak, co-founder and CEO of OriginTrail.
The Slovenian-Serbian team recently opened an office in Shanghai to focus on implementation of Blockchain use cases in one of the world’s largest markets.
“Besides Yimishiji which is now in the Walmart’s Innovation Pipeline, we are currently implementing three other use cases in China, all focused on food supply chains, that will help producers verify the provenance, authenticity, and journey of their quality products” explained Ziga Drev, co-founder and COO who is managing operations in Shanghai, China.
“We recognized the opportunity in the Chinese market, where tech-savvy urban consumers are more concerned where their food comes from due to some recent food safety scandals.”
The initial version of OriginTrail is currently in use in the food industry, with the upcoming open source version being applicable to any product supply chain. This standard protocol will help improve efficiency and increase trust in supply chains on a global scale.
OriginTrail’s Blockchain solution was used in three pilot project with European food producers since 2016. There are already more than 1,200 farms included and tracked with the system. The project’s roadmap envisions an open call for more use cases in 2018 and the launch of the OriginTrail Decentralized Network – a peer-to-peer network that will enable further development of decentralized apps for inventory management, supply chain optimization, compliance, certifications, and much more. The protocol is supporting GS1 global standards for data exchange and can include Internet-of-Things data.
The team is planning a Token Generating Event next month, which will kickstart the next stage of the development. Token pre-sale will start on December 1st. Whitelisting for the access to pre-sale will be exclusively offered to the community, so follow the project’s website and other channels for more information coming soon.
The White Paper is available on the website: https://origintrail.io/token-sale/
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017