Seasoned healthcare executives and physician entrepreneurs announce the launch of MintHealth, a portable, secure, and self-sovereign personal health record (PHR) built using blockchain technology.
This global decentralized health platform will align all healthcare stakeholders around the shared goal of empowering patients to minimize their risk for developing and suffering complications of chronic conditions.
The mobile app leverages gamification technology for patient engagement and digital incentives called vidamints™. MintHealth will also release a companion clinical tool for healthcare providers to aid in managing the health of the populations for whom they provide care.
Visionary physician entrepreneurs, Drs. Samir Damani and Vishal Verma, are bringing their expertise to MintHealth to tackle the rising costs of global healthcare – a byproduct of a system that has largely focused on treating illness, rather than proactively managing modifiable risk factors including obesity, diabetes, hypertension, sedentary behavior, tobacco use, and poor nutrition.
Damani and Verma are currently Board Members and Founders of leading technology companies MD Revolution and Nucleus Health, respectively. Both companies have been focused on enabling better healthcare outcomes through improved data management and personalized healthcare delivery.
“While the idea of promoting wellness to improve health is not new, previous efforts have failed because of siloed clinical and behavioral data, the inability to incentivize patient behaviors, and the lack of a platform that aligns patients, providers, and payers around patient empowerment. Today, blockchain technology and the use of digital incentives, such as vidamints™, will revolutionize the way we manage patients at risk for and those who have already developed chronic conditions,” said Dr. Damani, CEO and co-founder of MintHealth.
In its first phase, MintHealth will be rolling out the platform to commercial health insurance plans, known as payers, to help engage patients with chronic conditions, such as heart failure, diabetes, hypertension, and other conditions that account for over 90 percent of healthcare costs today. In addition, patients at risk for, but not yet suffering from chronic conditions, will also benefit from the following features of the platform:
- Self-sovereign medical record designed to empower patients through control of their own health data.
- Incentive tokens in the form of vidamints™ and gamification to engage patients in their journey to better health.
- Blockchain enabled data liquidity that allows for seamless movement of clinical and behavioral data between existing physician and patient data siloes.
- Machine learning on a growing patient database to help identify predictors of disease and health.
MintHealth’s patient engagement platform will be accessible via web or mobile application, and designed to align patient and provider incentives to improve health outcomes and promote value-based care (greater quality per unit of cost). Patients will set up a self-sovereign personal health record (PHR) and be assigned a unique global identifier enabled by blockchain technology. The objective of the self-sovereign record will be to allow the patient to control permissions and access to their data in real time.
“The initial step of digitizing health data in electronic health record systems (EHRs) moved us towards value-based care. Now, patients need a self-sovereign, secure record that can seamlessly move between patient and provider data siloes, and in a manner that empowers them to be the CEO of their own health. Blockchain technology holds great promise for enabling the data liquidity necessary to execute on our vision of improved population health, and at lower cost,” said Tee Green, Executive Chairman of Greenway Health, a leading electronic health record vendor used by over 75,000 providers and touching nearly 100 million lives.
Incentivizing rewards and vidamints
Vidamints (VIDA) align stakeholders in the MintHealth ecosystem. The core functionality of the VIDA token is to reward patients for engaging in healthy behaviors that are assigned to them through the MintHealth mobile app.
VIDA tokens are funded by healthcare payers who have financial incentive to see patient populations improve their health, thereby reducing insurance claims around chronic conditions and lowering costs. Healthcare providers and the patient’s social network can also create and assign healthy behaviors. Once a behavior is assigned, VIDA tokens reside in an escrow vault smart contract and are delivered to the patient’s wallet upon successful completion of each behavior.
Upon receiving VIDA tokens, patients can use the tokens to receive discounts and as a method of payment to partially offset healthcare related expenses including premiums, co-pays, goods and services (e.g., pharmacies, physical therapy providers, spas, nutrition stores, etc.). Patients will also utilize the VIDA token to initialize their self-sovereign health record and to vote on important ecosystem data use policies.
MintHealth is a global decentralized health platform that aligns patients, providers, and payers around patient empowerment. The platform enables the patient to manage their own self-sovereign health identity and record, secured via blockchain, and engages the ecosystem to drive healthy patient behavior through the vidamint™ token. For more info, visit: https://www.minthealth.io/.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017