Peter Vessenes, Managing Director of New Alchemy, a leading advisory group in the blockchain and tokenization industry, today announced he and a team of engineers are developing Deluge Network, the first service to allow users to directly contribute Bitcoin to an ICO without an exchange. Currently, ICO contributors must use a two-step process: 1) send Bitcoin to an exchange to convert it to Ethereum or ERC20 token, 2) contribute. This process can take an hour or more and is prohibitively expensive for large transactions. In contrast, the Deluge process will be inexpensive, direct, and extremely fast.
Deluge Network will enable Bitcoin to act as if it is moving on the Ethereum blockchain by fully backing the Deluge Bitcoin Token (DBTC) with an equal amount of Bitcoin (BTC). This will allow fast and easy conversion both to and from Bitcoin. Transaction times and fees will be minimal, and the transaction will be as simple as identifying an ICO’s address and sending DBTC using Deluge wallet software. Users can also receive DBTC directly back to their wallet. Deluge Network will not only give Bitcoin holders a clear, direct, and safe path to contribute to ICOs, but will also open up a wide array of Ethereum blockchain payment functionality to Bitcoin.
Future plans include extending Deluge Network to other cryptocurrencies, such as Zcash, Monero, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold.
“Converting Bitcoin into Ethereum has become increasingly difficult and costly, and with the rise in popularity of ICOs, it’s more important than ever to simplify this process. Existing exchanges and trading desks can take an hour to days to process; fees and slippage can total up to 10%. We propose something different: Deluge delivers both the value of Bitcoin as well as the smart contract features, speed, and price benefits of Ethereum. As a first benefit, any ICO participant can use Deluge to fund an ICO directly with their Bitcoin through an easy, decentralized process.”
The first ICO to use Deluge will be Bloq Inc’s Metronome, a hotly anticipated cross-chain digital asset launching in February 2018.
To learn more about Deluge Network and stay up-to-date on its progress, visit www.delugenetwork.io.
Deluge Network will allow Bitcoin, Monero, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash and other cryptocurrencies the benefits of Ethereum’s flexibility and functionality. With its patent-pending technology, Deluge will create innovative, global solutions to reduce friction and centralization in digital payment protocols. To learn more, visit www.DelugeNetwork.io.
New Alchemy is a strategy and technology advisory and investment group specializing in tokenization. New Alchemy coordinates successful ICO launches for its clients by providing them with C-level strategy, smart contract development, project management, token game theory, and marketing services. A company that truly understands the disruptive nature of blockchain technology and tokenization, New Alchemy is shaping the blockchain industry’s impact on society. Founded in 2016 by early Bitcoin innovator Peter Vessenes, New Alchemy has quickly established itself as the leading consulting group in the blockchain/tokenization space. Since launch, New Alchemy customers have created more than $1.4 billion in value through their tokenizations. To learn more, visit www.newalchemy.io.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017