The Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange (GBX), a subsidiary of the Gibraltar Stock Exchange, has announced an upcoming token sale event. The sale will launch Feb. 7 and close Feb. 14, or once the $6 million hard cap is reached. This crowdsale event follows a successful presale closed December 2017 that raised $21 million.
GBX aims to be an institutional grade token sale and exchange platform, and one of the first fully licensed and regulated exchanges operated by an EU regulated financial entity. Gibraltar’s Distributed Ledger Technology Regulatory Framework came into effect Jan. 1, regulating any distributed ledger project used to transmit or store value belonging to others and that is not regulated under another financial services framework. The GBX platform and all listed assets will fall under this jurisdiction, requiring a strict due diligence and admissions process that result in a higher standard of token issuance and trading compared to the current landscape.
Nick Cowan, CEO of the Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange said in a statement, “The introduction of rules-based systems is necessary if the blockchain sector is to reach maturity and if actors are to be assured of market stability. Based upon principles of decentralization and community consensus, the GBX seeks to create a new era of trust, openness and global acceptance for the crypto industry, one quality token listing at a time.”
Rock (RKT) tokens issued by GBX will be used primarily as a medium of exchange on the platform and will also be used for early access to designated token sales, listing and sponsorship fees, as grants from the Blockchain Initiative Center, and as payment for any services rendered by GBX in preparing teams for token sales or listings. Funds from the sale of RKT tokens will be used to further development on the GBX trading platform and fintech ecosystem and to develop the capacity to support the business needs of blockchain projects at any stage of their development.
Cowan added, “The sale of RKT in tandem with a widespread user base will help the GBX achieve its intention of becoming a world-leading, institutional-grade token sale platform and cryptocurrency exchange. To see such overwhelming support for our project already in our successful presale period is both inspiring and humbling. The GBX is working to lay the foundation for the global expansion of a regulated cryptocurrency market with all proceeds raised in our token sale event helping further this vision and make it a reality.”
For more information on GBX and their upcoming crowdsale, visit https://gbx.gi/.
- BnkToTheFuture Raises $30M in Presale to Add Security Tokens in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- StormX Adds New EVP of Business Development and User Acquisition Head - January 18, 2018
- Retainly Announces New Retail Partners Including Carrefour Brazil, Aliexpress - January 18, 2018
- Jibrel Network Announces jCash for Regulated, Asset-Backed Smart Contracts - January 17, 2018
- Overstock’s tZERO Announces Polymath to Advise ICO on Securities Law - January 16, 2018
- OriginTrail Launches Presale in ICO for Supply Chain Traceability - January 16, 2018
- Lykke Partners With Bangladesh Government - January 15, 2018
- DASH Joins BitINKA for Latin America Crypto Exchange and Remittance - January 13, 2018
- Shopin, iExec Partner to Enhance Retail Consumer Data Experience - January 12, 2018
- Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to 10,000 Spanish Retailers - January 11, 2018
- Crypto Valley Association Releases ICO ‘Code of Conduct’ - January 11, 2018
- Kodak and WENN Digital Announce ICO to Put Photo Licensing on the Blockchain - January 11, 2018
- Gibraltar Exchange Announces ICO for Regulated Token Sale and Exchange Platform - January 10, 2018
- Voatz Raises $2.2M Seed Funding With Overstock’s Medici Ventures - January 9, 2018
- BABB Names New CIO From UK’s Aldermore Bank - January 7, 2018
- OmiseGO CEO Joins Electrify.Asia Advisory Board - January 4, 2018
- Crypterium ICO Reports 50,000 Participants - January 4, 2018
- Proof of Steak: BeefCoin Wants More Organic Meat in Moscow - January 3, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Point-of-Sale Hardware Ahead of ICO - January 3, 2018
- SyncFab Supply Chain Token Presale Launches - January 3, 2018
- WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO Evaluation - January 3, 2018