Kodak, in collaboration with licensed partner Wenn Digital on Tuesday announced the upcoming launch of the KODAKCoin initial coin offering (ICO) and the KODAKOne image rights management platform. KODAKOne will create an encrypted digital ledger that both professional and amateur photographers can register and license their work, then use KODAKCoin for immediate payments within a secure blockchain environment.
Through the licensed partnership with WENN Digital, The KODAKOne platform will provide continuous web crawling services to detect unauthorized IP usage and offer an efficient post-licensing process to ensure photographers are compensated. WENN Digital operates primarily in the realm of blockchain development, big data, AI-enabled image recognition, and copyright law.
WENN Digital CEO Jan Denecke said in a statement, “Engaging with a new platform, it is critical photographers know their work and their income is handled securely and with trust, which is exactly what we did with KODAKCoin. Subject to the highest standards of compliance, KODAKCoin is all about paying photographers fairly and giving them an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new economy tailored for them, with secure asset rights management built right in.”
The KODAKCoin ICO launches Jan. 31, 2018, and is open to accredited investors from the US, UK, and other select countries.
Kodak CEO Jeff Clarke concluded, “Kodak has always sought to democratize photography and make licensing fair to artists. These technologies give the photography community an innovative and easy way to do just that.”
For more information on KODAKCoin and their upcoming ICO, visit www.kodakcoin.com.
- KodakCoin ties up with Overstock’s tZERO Security Token Trading Platform - January 23, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Raises $30M in Presale to Add Security Tokens in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- StormX Adds New EVP of Business Development and User Acquisition Head - January 18, 2018
- Retainly Announces New Retail Partners Including Carrefour Brazil, Aliexpress - January 18, 2018
- Jibrel Network Announces jCash for Regulated, Asset-Backed Smart Contracts - January 17, 2018
- Overstock’s tZERO Announces Polymath to Advise ICO on Securities Law - January 16, 2018
- OriginTrail Launches Presale in ICO for Supply Chain Traceability - January 16, 2018
- Lykke Partners With Bangladesh Government - January 15, 2018
- DASH Joins BitINKA for Latin America Crypto Exchange and Remittance - January 13, 2018
- Shopin, iExec Partner to Enhance Retail Consumer Data Experience - January 12, 2018
- Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to 10,000 Spanish Retailers - January 11, 2018
- Crypto Valley Association Releases ICO ‘Code of Conduct’ - January 11, 2018
- Kodak and WENN Digital Announce ICO to Put Photo Licensing on the Blockchain - January 11, 2018
- Gibraltar Exchange Announces ICO for Regulated Token Sale and Exchange Platform - January 10, 2018
- Voatz Raises $2.2M Seed Funding With Overstock’s Medici Ventures - January 9, 2018
- BABB Names New CIO From UK’s Aldermore Bank - January 7, 2018
- OmiseGO CEO Joins Electrify.Asia Advisory Board - January 4, 2018
- Crypterium ICO Reports 50,000 Participants - January 4, 2018
- Proof of Steak: BeefCoin Wants More Organic Meat in Moscow - January 3, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Point-of-Sale Hardware Ahead of ICO - January 3, 2018
- SyncFab Supply Chain Token Presale Launches - January 3, 2018
- WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO Evaluation - January 3, 2018