The blockchain multimedia platform Current Media announced on Tuesday that it is holding an initial coin offering from March 14 to April 4.
The soft cap of the token sale is $5 million, and the hard cap will not surpass $36 million, according to Current Media, whose investors include celebrity billionaire Mark Cuban.
The total supply of tokens will be limited at 1 billion, with 35 percent of all tokens available for purchase during the ICO.
The remainder of tokens are set to be earned through users’ contributions by consuming media (Current Media is a platform where users can earn tokens by consuming content).
“[Tokens are] ‘mined’ when the user consumes media via the Current platform. Upon consumption, the user earns CRNC to apply towards a premium membership (such as Current’s own premium service or Spotify Premium); and the content creator is rewarded, as well (and can even convert his or her accrued digital currency into fiat currency),” the company explained in its announcement. “Similarly, content curators will be rewarded for discovering content that gains popularity. Everyone participating in Current – consumers, content creators and curators – will be rewarded for referrals, which will prove crucial in Current’s spread.”
Partner networks like Spotify or Youtube will retain their ad revenue and user data for content played within Current while also adding to the conversion funnel for premium services, the company added.
Current stated that it also plans to grant CRNC to partner networks for implementing the Current protocol to directly reward users for content consumption within their own host platform.
The Current app is available in the Apple Store, and the company plans to reward anyone who has the app during the token sale period with a small airdrop of CRNC. The Android version will be available during Q3 of 2018.
The token presale launches on Feb. 7, and those interested in participating can learn more at https://tokensale.current.us/.
- IdentityMind Raises $10m, Outlines Expansion Plans - February 16, 2018
- EQUI Platform Enables Anyone to Make a Crypto-Powered Investment - February 15, 2018
- IoT Platform Augmate to Promote Blockchain Development in Mexico - February 14, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Brings Charlie Shrem on Board for ICO, Whitelisting Ends Today - February 13, 2018
- Unity App Store for SE Asia Gamers Is Focus of $30m ICO led by Aetius Capital for Cloud Alliance - February 12, 2018
- Lino Raises $20m to Eliminate the Middleman in Video Streaming - February 9, 2018
- Cognizant Report: 88 Percent of Asia Pacific Financial Service Organizations See Blockchain as a Game-Changer - February 8, 2018
- Soccer’s Next Evolution? London Football Exchange to Launch ICO - February 7, 2018
- IdentityMind Releases Know-your-customer Tool for ICOs - February 5, 2018
- Crypto Fantasy: Football-Stars Platform Goes Blockchain - February 1, 2018
- 30-strong Startup Consortium Launches 22X Fund, Raises £22m in ICO Presale - January 31, 2018
- “ICO boutique” Chaineum Launches a Hush Alternative to Banking - January 30, 2018
- Dash Digital Currency now Offered on Mercury Exchange - January 25, 2018
- Bloomio Launches Token-based Crowdfunding Platform With Ambitions to Redesign VC - January 24, 2018
- Simple Token Lists on Singapore, Hong Kong Exchanges and Doubles User Base - January 23, 2018
- Ambrosus Taps Wattenhofer to Develop Project - January 19, 2018
- Mark Cuban-Backed Current Media to Launch ICO - January 17, 2018
- Saifu Taps Thales for Crypto Banking Security - January 12, 2018
- Coinsilium Ups Its Stake in Indorse’s Decentralized Social Network - January 10, 2018
- Jibrel ICO Announces $30M Raise - January 9, 2018
- IOTA Announces Smart City Partnership - January 7, 2018
- Taylor Crypto Trading Bot Announces ICO - January 4, 2018
- Ripio Credit Network Partners With OKLink in Payments Tie-Up - January 4, 2018