Faceter, the first facial recognition surveillance technology built on the blockchain, has announced the details of its initial coin offering (ICO): a presale starts Feb 1, with a crowdsale running March 10 to April 30 2018.
Faceter uses a fog network of miners to analyze video content in real time and evaluate faces, objects and events. Fog architecture is employed as a decentralized computing infrastructure layer that distributes data, compute, storage and applications in the most logical places.
Most current image recognition technologies for video are only possible after footage has been stored for later analysis. The process also requires systems at scale that are usually only accessible to enterprise customers, as opposed to consumers. Faceter’s innovative concept is to leverage a network of GPU miners to process split sections of a video feed, allowing analysis at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems and providing miners with revenue, the company said in a statement.
The Faceter computer vision algorithm has an accuracy rate of 99.78 percent as measured using LFW benchmarks and 79.5 percent on the MegaFace scale. The company has tested its technology within several real world applications and has been certified by the global video camera manufacturer Axis.
Faceter said it will use proceeds from the token sale to fund the development of decentralized processing for its computer vision algorithm in order to bring the technology to the mass market.
The founding members of the company are themselves distributed in various countries. They began collaboration in 2014 with an R&D project in the field of image recognition, based on neural networks and machine learning.
“We decided to go with an ICO because we see a vast, largely untapped potential market, especially in the segment of AI-solutions for home users,” said Faceter’s CEO and cofounder Robert Pothier, in a statement. “Many companies look in this direction. We are not just looking. We already have the market-ready advanced technology developed that will become affordable for consumers thanks to the miners who participate in our network and provide computational equipment.”
To learn more about Faceter and their upcoming ICO, visit https://faceter.io.
- Fan Controlled Football League Signs New Alchemy to Manage Upcoming ICO - April 25, 2018
- Lithuania Prepares Remote LLC Registration and Management for 2019 - April 20, 2018
- Ilmatic Announces Wearable Hot Wallet For Real-World Crypto Payments - April 20, 2018
- Havven Launches eUSD Stablecoin - April 20, 2018
- Energy Web Foundation Unveils Powerful New Tools - April 17, 2018
- Myndshft Releases Blockchain-Based Machine Learning Process Automation Tool - April 17, 2018
- Crowdsourcing Blockchain Solution Dataeum Announces ICO For User Generated Data Sharing - April 16, 2018
- ShareRing Nets $3.8 Million In Seed Funding, Prepares Token Generation Event - April 16, 2018
- ELECTRIFY Sponsors NEUTRINO Coworking Space, Ethereum Community Fund - April 13, 2018
- EUIPO to Host EU Blockathon With €100K Prize to Fight IP Crimes - April 12, 2018
- Origin Protocol Partners With NuCypher to Add Security Layer to Decentralized Gig Economy - April 12, 2018
- ONEm Seeks to Bring Internet to Rural Africa via Blockchain-Powered SMS - April 12, 2018
- Live Charity Auction to put Artworks on Codex Blockchain at ConsenSys Ethereal Summit - April 11, 2018
- Virtual World Developer MARK.SPACE Secures $11M From New Strategic Investors - April 11, 2018
- Kiddie Crypto: Cubetto & Kano Learning Designers Team up for Digital Piggy Bank - April 11, 2018
- Bitfinex Adds 12 New Tokens to Trading Platform - April 10, 2018
- tZERO Unveils Prototype for Upcoming Security Token Exchange - April 10, 2018
- Bitcoin Cash Trading Added to Lykke Exchange - April 10, 2018
- CoinList Closes $9.2M Private Funding Round for Accredited Investor and ICO Advisory Services - April 6, 2018
- McFly.aero Launches Flying Taxis ICO - April 6, 2018
- Foxconn & SIRIN LABS Partner to Create Blockchain-Based Smartphone - April 6, 2018
- FOX BTC Plans Bitcoin Fork for Airdrops and PoS Rewards - April 4, 2018
- Zilliqa Launches Sharding Enabled Testnet Focused on Blockchain Scalability - April 4, 2018
- Bitcoin PRO Offers Improvements to Standard BTC - April 4, 2018
- MTRAC to Launch Blockchain Payment Platform for Cannabis Industry - April 4, 2018
- Dragon Token Partners With Thailand’s Superrich to Develop Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 3, 2018
- DECENT AND SophiaTX Co-Founder Launches TREETI: ‘Blockchain for Hollywood’ - April 3, 2018
- Record-Breaking Facebook Competitor, Minds Launches Crypto Social Network - April 3, 2018
- Singapore’s LemoChain Launches ICO for Decentralized Data Marketplace - April 2, 2018
- Zap and Stox Team up Promising Prediction Market Evolution - March 30, 2018
- DigitalBits Adds Cisco, Walmart Veterans to Advisory Board - March 29, 2018
- 8base Platform Launches for User-Friendly, Collaborative Software Development on the Blockchain - March 29, 2018
- Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange Approves Traceto.io for Sale on GBX Grid Platform - March 28, 2018
- Crypico Wants to Boost Crypto Adoption With Freelance Marketplace Accepting Multiple Tokens - March 28, 2018
- Quantum Teams Up With Oracle to Deliver HIPAA-Compliant Medical Blockchain Solution - March 27, 2018
- HelloGold and KLEAN to Encourage Malaysian Recycling With Gold Rewards - March 27, 2018
- MobileBridge Launches Token Sale for Momentum Loyalty and Engagement Platform - March 27, 2018
- Thumbs up for Blockchain Shipping Solution From Big-Name Industry Consortium - March 23, 2018
- Humaniq Launches Hybrid Blockchain Scaling Solution Alongside Mobile App Version 2.0 - March 22, 2018
- UK’s Verv Announces ITO for P2P Energy-Trading Platform - March 22, 2018
- Kleros Announces Interactive ICO, Leverages Arbitration Tools Derived From Ancient Greece - March 21, 2018
- Tora and Kenetic Deliver Customizable Institutional Investment Platform - March 20, 2018
- XYO Network to Give Developers Real World API Access - March 20, 2018
- Swedish Gaming Veteran MindArk Launches ICO for IP Exchange - March 20, 2018
- Coinsource Expands Bitcoin ATM Network in Colorado - March 19, 2018
- FoodCoin to Power Turmeric Co.’s Health Shots Supply Chain - March 16, 2018
- Modex Launches an ‘App Store for Blockchain’ - March 16, 2018
- Evident Proof Provides New Compliance, Provenance Toolset - March 15, 2018
- DAV Aims to Autonomously Deliver Your Pizza and You Can Tip in Crypto! - March 14, 2018
- YouBi Capital Invests in Metavine’s Crowd Machine to Build dApp Development Platform - March 14, 2018