Faceter, the first facial recognition surveillance technology built on the blockchain, has announced the details of its initial coin offering (ICO): a presale starts Feb 1, with a crowdsale running March 10 to April 30 2018.
Faceter uses a fog network of miners to analyze video content in real time and evaluate faces, objects and events. Fog architecture is employed as a decentralized computing infrastructure layer that distributes data, compute, storage and applications in the most logical places.
Most current image recognition technologies for video are only possible after footage has been stored for later analysis. The process also requires systems at scale that are usually only accessible to enterprise customers, as opposed to consumers. Faceter’s innovative concept is to leverage a network of GPU miners to process split sections of a video feed, allowing analysis at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems and providing miners with revenue, the company said in a statement.
The Faceter computer vision algorithm has an accuracy rate of 99.78 percent as measured using LFW benchmarks and 79.5 percent on the MegaFace scale. The company has tested its technology within several real world applications and has been certified by the global video camera manufacturer Axis.
Faceter said it will use proceeds from the token sale to fund the development of decentralized processing for its computer vision algorithm in order to bring the technology to the mass market.
The founding members of the company are themselves distributed in various countries. They began collaboration in 2014 with an R&D project in the field of image recognition, based on neural networks and machine learning.
“We decided to go with an ICO because we see a vast, largely untapped potential market, especially in the segment of AI-solutions for home users,” said Faceter’s CEO and cofounder Robert Pothier, in a statement. “Many companies look in this direction. We are not just looking. We already have the market-ready advanced technology developed that will become affordable for consumers thanks to the miners who participate in our network and provide computational equipment.”
To learn more about Faceter and their upcoming ICO, visit https://faceter.io.
- bitJob Teams With Dutch Government for 2018 Pilot Scheme - February 16, 2018
- Arise Travel Launches Decentralized Hotel Distributors Network, in Beta - February 16, 2018
- IVEP Announces Whitelist for Interactive Video Advertising Protocol - February 15, 2018
- Blockchain in OTT Video Advertising: IAB Whitepaper - February 13, 2018
- Po.et Releases Frost API for Easy Timestamping of Creative Assets - February 13, 2018
- BlockTower Capital and Science Inc. Invest in Polyswarm - February 12, 2018
- BerkleeICE’s Open Music Initiative to Host Music and Rights Management Blockchain Events - February 9, 2018
- CVProof.Com Leverages Blockchain to Cut Job Application Fraud - February 9, 2018
- Halsay Minor and All-Star Cast Launch Decentralized VideoCoin Network - February 8, 2018
- Trustabit Launches Token Sale to Take the Frustration out of Airline Vouchers - February 8, 2018
- Energy Web Foundation Adds 27 New Strategic Partners, £17m Raised to Date - February 7, 2018
- IEEE to Host Blockchain for Clinical Trials Forum - February 6, 2018
- Bee Token and Decentralized Insurance Platform WeTrust Join Forces - February 2, 2018
- Cloud Computing Platform aelf Lists on Bitfinex Exchange - February 1, 2018
- Jose Lindo to Head up Climatecoin - February 1, 2018
- Ripple Gains More Remittance Partners, Highlights Strongest Quarter Ever for XRP - January 31, 2018
- Earn.com Airdrops to aid Token Launches - January 30, 2018
- Codex Launches Art Market Blockchain Protocol - January 29, 2018
- OriginTrail ICO Reaches Hard Cap in Presale, Raises $22.5m in Just 18 Minutes - January 26, 2018
- Anthony Di Iorio and big Name Cast at Polymath’s First Security Token Conference - January 25, 2018
- Faceter Announces Surveillance ICO - January 24, 2018
- Wanchain Launches Mainnet: World’s First Platform for Private, Cross-chain Smart Contracts - January 24, 2018
- Arbitrage set for a Shake-up? Arbidex Platform Launches ICO After $6m Presale - January 23, 2018
- Cryptocurrency giant NEO invests $3m in PikcioChain - January 23, 2018
- KodakCoin ties up with Overstock’s tZERO Security Token Trading Platform - January 23, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Raises $30M in Presale to Add Security Tokens in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- StormX Adds New EVP of Business Development and User Acquisition Head - January 18, 2018
- Retainly Announces New Retail Partners Including Carrefour Brazil, Aliexpress - January 18, 2018
- Jibrel Network Announces jCash for Regulated, Asset-Backed Smart Contracts - January 17, 2018
- Overstock’s tZERO Announces Polymath to Advise ICO on Securities Law - January 16, 2018
- OriginTrail Launches Presale in ICO for Supply Chain Traceability - January 16, 2018
- Lykke Partners With Bangladesh Government - January 15, 2018
- DASH Joins BitINKA for Latin America Crypto Exchange and Remittance - January 13, 2018
- Shopin, iExec Partner to Enhance Retail Consumer Data Experience - January 12, 2018
- Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to 10,000 Spanish Retailers - January 11, 2018
- Crypto Valley Association Releases ICO ‘Code of Conduct’ - January 11, 2018
- Kodak and WENN Digital Announce ICO to Put Photo Licensing on the Blockchain - January 11, 2018
- Gibraltar Exchange Announces ICO for Regulated Token Sale and Exchange Platform - January 10, 2018
- Voatz Raises $2.2M Seed Funding With Overstock’s Medici Ventures - January 9, 2018
- BABB Names New CIO From UK’s Aldermore Bank - January 7, 2018
- OmiseGO CEO Joins Electrify.Asia Advisory Board - January 4, 2018
- Crypterium ICO Reports 50,000 Participants - January 4, 2018
- Proof of Steak: BeefCoin Wants More Organic Meat in Moscow - January 3, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Point-of-Sale Hardware Ahead of ICO - January 3, 2018
- SyncFab Supply Chain Token Presale Launches - January 3, 2018
- WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO Evaluation - January 3, 2018