Stryking Entertainment, developer of the fantasy football platform Football-Stars, announced on Tuesday that it’s planning to “revolutionize” online, imaginary soccer with an Ethereum-based utility token known as STRYKZ.
“As passionate fantasy sports fans ourselves, we’re aiming to extend our existing platform with the introduction of STRYKZ,” said the company’s founder and CEO, Dirk Weyel, in a statement. “Users can earn STRYKZ by contributing to the overall in-game experience and growth of the Football-Stars platform and spend the tokens to experience additional functionalities or unlock features like challenging other gamers in token-based matches.”
The Berlin-based firm says users will still be able to play on the platform for free. The extended functionality will give them the chance to act as both coach and manager, setting up teams of real players and competing against each other. Results are calculated based on the actual players’ real-life performance data.
Additionally, token holders will be given access to the Football-Stars “VIP club.” Benefits include early access to new features, special virtual fan items and merchandise that can only be purchased by STRYKZ, according to the company.
“The implemented user-centric approach with a sophisticated reward and spending mechanism will lead to further enhancement of Football-Stars,” the company stated. “From coding to updating players statistics and injury statuses, many aspects of the platform will soon be open to all users, creating a deeply engaged and ever-expanding community. Moving towards this community-driven approach, the Football-Stars platform is primed for significant growth.”
While the private pre-sale for early contributors has already begun, Stryking Entertainment said that the official token sale event will take place in the spring of this year. The company stated that its goal is to raise USD 18 million.
To learn more about the STRYKZ token and to read its whitepaper, visit http://www.strykz.io/.
- IdentityMind Raises $10m, Outlines Expansion Plans - February 16, 2018
- EQUI Platform Enables Anyone to Make a Crypto-Powered Investment - February 15, 2018
- IoT Platform Augmate to Promote Blockchain Development in Mexico - February 14, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Brings Charlie Shrem on Board for ICO, Whitelisting Ends Today - February 13, 2018
- Unity App Store for SE Asia Gamers Is Focus of $30m ICO led by Aetius Capital for Cloud Alliance - February 12, 2018
- Lino Raises $20m to Eliminate the Middleman in Video Streaming - February 9, 2018
- Cognizant Report: 88 Percent of Asia Pacific Financial Service Organizations See Blockchain as a Game-Changer - February 8, 2018
- Soccer’s Next Evolution? London Football Exchange to Launch ICO - February 7, 2018
- IdentityMind Releases Know-your-customer Tool for ICOs - February 5, 2018
- Crypto Fantasy: Football-Stars Platform Goes Blockchain - February 1, 2018
- 30-strong Startup Consortium Launches 22X Fund, Raises £22m in ICO Presale - January 31, 2018
- “ICO boutique” Chaineum Launches a Hush Alternative to Banking - January 30, 2018
- Dash Digital Currency now Offered on Mercury Exchange - January 25, 2018
- Bloomio Launches Token-based Crowdfunding Platform With Ambitions to Redesign VC - January 24, 2018
- Simple Token Lists on Singapore, Hong Kong Exchanges and Doubles User Base - January 23, 2018
- Ambrosus Taps Wattenhofer to Develop Project - January 19, 2018
- Mark Cuban-Backed Current Media to Launch ICO - January 17, 2018
- Saifu Taps Thales for Crypto Banking Security - January 12, 2018
- Coinsilium Ups Its Stake in Indorse’s Decentralized Social Network - January 10, 2018
- Jibrel ICO Announces $30M Raise - January 9, 2018
- IOTA Announces Smart City Partnership - January 7, 2018
- Taylor Crypto Trading Bot Announces ICO - January 4, 2018
- Ripio Credit Network Partners With OKLink in Payments Tie-Up - January 4, 2018