Aiming to disrupt the current model of ticket sales, as well as offer fans improved experiences and rewards, the London Football Exchange (LFE) announced, at the end of January, that it will launch an initial coin offering on Feb 12.
LFE describes itself as a “global movement to create the ultimate sports community, where fans partake in exclusive club and fan experiences”. It states that its goal is to allow football clubs to raise funds by selling tokens to fans, who can, in turn, use the platform to purchase tickets, merchandise, and other products. The LFE, which claims to be the world’s first stock exchange for football clubs, offers clubs a new way to raise capital, says the statement. A further objective is to disrupt the current model of ticket sales, with zero fees for ticketing. According to the LFE, some UK football clubs who outsource their match day and season ticketing are paying around 5 percent in fees.
Discussions about implementing the technology are underway with more than 50 clubs, according to the LFE, including prominent teams throughout Europe, the USA, and Australia, as well as the UK’s Premier League.
“The LFE aims to become a ‘one-stop-shop’ for clubs of all sizes to raise capital via equity sales and also offer LFE contributors a wealth of fan experiences and social interaction,” said LFE CEO, Scott Smith, in a statement. “Clubs will be encouraged to offer some equity through the LFE and required to offer a minimum number of unique experiences or special offers so that the real fans can take part in their favorite clubs,”
As part of its initial coin offering, LFE will generate a total of four billion tokens, with 2.4 billion available for general sale. The tokens will be priced at USD 0.20, which equates to a fundraising goal of approximately USD 350 million, the company stated. The pre-sale will end on Feb 11, with the public sale taking place from Feb 12 to May 20.
The LFE Platform will use the Ripple and Stellar networks, with Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple all accepted, together with bank transfers of British pounds, Euros, US dollars, Australian dollars and Swiss francs.
For more information, visit https://lfe.com/ito.html.
- IdentityMind Raises $10m, Outlines Expansion Plans - February 16, 2018
- EQUI Platform Enables Anyone to Make a Crypto-Powered Investment - February 15, 2018
- IoT Platform Augmate to Promote Blockchain Development in Mexico - February 14, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Brings Charlie Shrem on Board for ICO, Whitelisting Ends Today - February 13, 2018
- Unity App Store for SE Asia Gamers Is Focus of $30m ICO led by Aetius Capital for Cloud Alliance - February 12, 2018
- Lino Raises $20m to Eliminate the Middleman in Video Streaming - February 9, 2018
- Cognizant Report: 88 Percent of Asia Pacific Financial Service Organizations See Blockchain as a Game-Changer - February 8, 2018
- Soccer’s Next Evolution? London Football Exchange to Launch ICO - February 7, 2018
- IdentityMind Releases Know-your-customer Tool for ICOs - February 5, 2018
- Crypto Fantasy: Football-Stars Platform Goes Blockchain - February 1, 2018
- 30-strong Startup Consortium Launches 22X Fund, Raises £22m in ICO Presale - January 31, 2018
- “ICO boutique” Chaineum Launches a Hush Alternative to Banking - January 30, 2018
- Dash Digital Currency now Offered on Mercury Exchange - January 25, 2018
- Bloomio Launches Token-based Crowdfunding Platform With Ambitions to Redesign VC - January 24, 2018
- Simple Token Lists on Singapore, Hong Kong Exchanges and Doubles User Base - January 23, 2018
- Ambrosus Taps Wattenhofer to Develop Project - January 19, 2018
- Mark Cuban-Backed Current Media to Launch ICO - January 17, 2018
- Saifu Taps Thales for Crypto Banking Security - January 12, 2018
- Coinsilium Ups Its Stake in Indorse’s Decentralized Social Network - January 10, 2018
- Jibrel ICO Announces $30M Raise - January 9, 2018
- IOTA Announces Smart City Partnership - January 7, 2018
- Taylor Crypto Trading Bot Announces ICO - January 4, 2018
- Ripio Credit Network Partners With OKLink in Payments Tie-Up - January 4, 2018