Bitcoin pioneer, Charlie Shrem has joined financial technology investment platform BnkToTheFuture as advisor, in the run up to its initial coin offering (ICO), the company announced on Friday. BnkToTheFuture reached its private presale hard cap of USD 30 million within 15 hours. Its BFT token will be available via a token sale starting Feb 16, 2018. Whitelisting for the ICO ends today.
One of the most sought-after blockchain experts, Shrem is a founding board member of the Bitcoin Foundation. In 2011, he co-founded the now-defunct startup BitInstant. His most recent enterprise is CryptoIQ.co, an educational hub for cryptocurrency newcomers and investors.
“Investing in cryptocurrency has come a long way since the early days of Bitcoin, but there’s still a long way to go in achieving higher industry standards,” said Shrem, in a statement. “With BnkToTheFuture, I see a platform that provides professionalism, compliance, and transparency that is unmatched in today’s ecosystem. I look forward to helping BnkToTheFuture continue to grow and strengthen its offering.”
Cayman Islands-registered BnkToTheFuture claims to be the largest global online investment platform focused exclusively on fintech, bitcoin and blockchain ventures. According to its statement, the platform is in line with international financial regulations and over USD 270 million has been invested on it to date. Those listed include BitFinex, BitStamp, Kraken and ShapeShift.
BnkToTheFuture will incorporate blockchain technology to allow for the trading of securities tokens and will issue its own token, BFT, to support deal flow analysis, due diligence and investor relations on the platform, said the satement.
According to the statement, Shrem joins a list of BnkToTheFuture advisors that includes Vinny Lingham, Civic CEO; Bo Shen, partner at Fenbushi Capital; Bill Barhydt, CEO of Abra; Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar, CEO and co-founder of RSK; Michael Terpin, CEO of Transform Group, founder of CoinAgenda, and co-founder of BitAngels; Sunny Ray, president of Unocoin; David Johnston, chairman of Factom and co-founder of BitAngels; Li Huo, director at Huobi Capital; Adam Vaziri, blockchain lawyer and director at Diacol; Brian Lio, CEO at Smith + Crown; Matt Chwierut, researcher at Smith + Crown; Tony Simonovsky, CEO of InsightCryp.to; and Simon Seojoon Kim, CEO of Blockchain Partners Korea.
For more information, visit https://bnktothefuture.com/.
- IdentityMind Raises $10m, Outlines Expansion Plans - February 16, 2018
- EQUI Platform Enables Anyone to Make a Crypto-Powered Investment - February 15, 2018
- IoT Platform Augmate to Promote Blockchain Development in Mexico - February 14, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Brings Charlie Shrem on Board for ICO, Whitelisting Ends Today - February 13, 2018
- Unity App Store for SE Asia Gamers Is Focus of $30m ICO led by Aetius Capital for Cloud Alliance - February 12, 2018
- Lino Raises $20m to Eliminate the Middleman in Video Streaming - February 9, 2018
- Cognizant Report: 88 Percent of Asia Pacific Financial Service Organizations See Blockchain as a Game-Changer - February 8, 2018
- Soccer’s Next Evolution? London Football Exchange to Launch ICO - February 7, 2018
- IdentityMind Releases Know-your-customer Tool for ICOs - February 5, 2018
- Crypto Fantasy: Football-Stars Platform Goes Blockchain - February 1, 2018
- 30-strong Startup Consortium Launches 22X Fund, Raises £22m in ICO Presale - January 31, 2018
- “ICO boutique” Chaineum Launches a Hush Alternative to Banking - January 30, 2018
- Dash Digital Currency now Offered on Mercury Exchange - January 25, 2018
- Bloomio Launches Token-based Crowdfunding Platform With Ambitions to Redesign VC - January 24, 2018
- Simple Token Lists on Singapore, Hong Kong Exchanges and Doubles User Base - January 23, 2018
- Ambrosus Taps Wattenhofer to Develop Project - January 19, 2018
- Mark Cuban-Backed Current Media to Launch ICO - January 17, 2018
- Saifu Taps Thales for Crypto Banking Security - January 12, 2018
- Coinsilium Ups Its Stake in Indorse’s Decentralized Social Network - January 10, 2018
- Jibrel ICO Announces $30M Raise - January 9, 2018
- IOTA Announces Smart City Partnership - January 7, 2018
- Taylor Crypto Trading Bot Announces ICO - January 4, 2018
- Ripio Credit Network Partners With OKLink in Payments Tie-Up - January 4, 2018