Blockchain-based, internet of things management platform, Augmate announced on Tuesday that it has received a grant from BitcoinLatina. A decentralized, GPU-mineable platform, BitcoinLatina promotes blockchain development in Latin America, utilizing smart contracts designed for the region and providing scalable blockchain solutions for consumers, enterprise, government, the military and universities.
“By growing the Latin America Blockchain, our focus is to create jobs and prosperity while helping citizens learn about the benefits of this emerging technology,” BitcoinLatina CEO John Gotts stated. “We recognize Augmate as the obvious, clear leader in the IoT/blockchain space and laud Augmate’s efforts in this arena.”
New York-based Augmate explained in its announcement that the unprecedented rise of blockchain development has also led to a global shortage of talent, and efforts are underway to bring together schools, businesses, and investors in Mexico to lay the groundwork for expanding hubs of qualified workers and thought leaders. Augmate stated that it plans to facilitate opportunities for a new technologically-savvy workforce to flourish throughout the Americas.
Founded in 2014, in New York City, as a B2B enterprise company specializing in wearable devices, Augmate’s investors include William Hickey, UPS Ventures, Simon Property Group, Tim Draper, Siemens Venture Capital and Rothenberg Ventures, according to the statement.
The grant, which comes in the form of 1 million BCL crypto coins, will be provided by the BitcoinLatina Foundation’s venture arm, BCL Ventures, with proceeds to be spent by Augmate on Latin American efforts over the next four years. Five percent of the coins will be given to Augmate on March 1 and the balance will be paid over the next four years, according to the announcement.
For more information on Augmate, please visit www.augmate.io.
image by Jan Jablunka, CC BY 2.0
- IdentityMind Raises $10m, Outlines Expansion Plans - February 16, 2018
- EQUI Platform Enables Anyone to Make a Crypto-Powered Investment - February 15, 2018
- IoT Platform Augmate to Promote Blockchain Development in Mexico - February 14, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Brings Charlie Shrem on Board for ICO, Whitelisting Ends Today - February 13, 2018
- Unity App Store for SE Asia Gamers Is Focus of $30m ICO led by Aetius Capital for Cloud Alliance - February 12, 2018
- Lino Raises $20m to Eliminate the Middleman in Video Streaming - February 9, 2018
- Cognizant Report: 88 Percent of Asia Pacific Financial Service Organizations See Blockchain as a Game-Changer - February 8, 2018
- Soccer’s Next Evolution? London Football Exchange to Launch ICO - February 7, 2018
- IdentityMind Releases Know-your-customer Tool for ICOs - February 5, 2018
- Crypto Fantasy: Football-Stars Platform Goes Blockchain - February 1, 2018
- 30-strong Startup Consortium Launches 22X Fund, Raises £22m in ICO Presale - January 31, 2018
- “ICO boutique” Chaineum Launches a Hush Alternative to Banking - January 30, 2018
- Dash Digital Currency now Offered on Mercury Exchange - January 25, 2018
- Bloomio Launches Token-based Crowdfunding Platform With Ambitions to Redesign VC - January 24, 2018
- Simple Token Lists on Singapore, Hong Kong Exchanges and Doubles User Base - January 23, 2018
- Ambrosus Taps Wattenhofer to Develop Project - January 19, 2018
- Mark Cuban-Backed Current Media to Launch ICO - January 17, 2018
- Saifu Taps Thales for Crypto Banking Security - January 12, 2018
- Coinsilium Ups Its Stake in Indorse’s Decentralized Social Network - January 10, 2018
- Jibrel ICO Announces $30M Raise - January 9, 2018
- IOTA Announces Smart City Partnership - January 7, 2018
- Taylor Crypto Trading Bot Announces ICO - January 4, 2018
- Ripio Credit Network Partners With OKLink in Payments Tie-Up - January 4, 2018