Cryptocurrency-powered investment platform, EQUI announced on Wednesday that it will be holding a public initial coin offering (ICO), from March 8-31, 2018. EQUI’s core investment model will be to take equity or loan positions in innovative businesses that can demonstrate vision and scalability. It offers an investment platform where a tokens’ value is directly underpinned by the quality of the underlying investment projects it features.
“This makes it a game-changer in the crypto space, where projects have traditionally been valued based on hype and not asset values,” the company stated.
According to the announcement, EQUI is a web-based application that uses the Ethereum blockchain to process and store credentials, information and transactions, including the acquisition of project stakes, distribution of profits, and the deployment of investment returns and investor rewards.
Projects are showcased on the platform and participants use “EQUItokens” to acquire a stake in projects. Upon realization, returns are distributed to those who have invested in the projects, according to the announcement.
“EQUI brings venture capital investing into the modern technological era and opens the investment playing-field up to non-industry professionals, enabling them to back the next hot investment that is traditionally the preserve of institutions and ultra-high net worth individuals,” stated EQUI cofounder Doug Barrowman.
Investors who commit their tokens to underlying projects will receive 70 percent of profits generated by projects they participate in, and a further five percent will be awarded to those who leave their token within the platform, the company stated. These businesses may require not only capital, but also expertise to steer the venture to optimization and fulfil their true potential, the company added.
According to the statement, the creation of the platform follows the launch, by EQUI founders Barrowman and Michelle Mone, of a USD 300 million property development in the heart of Dubai – the first of this scale to be offered for sale in a cryptocurrency.
For more information and to read EQUI’s whitepaper, go to www.equi.capital.
- Overledger Wants to Enable DApps to Communicate Cross-Platform, Presale Launched - March 20, 2018
- QuantmRE Plans to Democratize Real Estate With Equity-Backed Tokens - March 19, 2018
- A Multi-Asset Blockchain-Based Exchange, TradeConnect ICO Launches March 27 - March 15, 2018
- Tezos Foundation Funds Obsidian Systems to Develop Security Solutions - March 14, 2018
- Ambisafe’s Orderbook Launches Token to Ensure Regulatory Compliance - March 13, 2018
- Recruitment Platform ShiftPixy Moves Into Blockchain, Sees Share Price Soar - March 9, 2018
- Arctic Blockchain Raises CAD 10m, Acquires Crypto-Miner Hyrdo66 - March 8, 2018
- BLOC Targets Game Console Crypto Mining, Acquires Coinstream - March 7, 2018
- Blockchain-Based Virtual Reality Firm, VRT World Announces March ICO - March 5, 2018
- Encrypted SIKURPhone Claims to Protect Data and Cryptocurrency - February 28, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Closes $33m Offering, Sells Out in Less Than 15 Hours - February 27, 2018
- BetterBetting Lists on HitBTC Exchange - February 26, 2018
- Profile Club Touts Coworking Model as Path to Real Estate Ownership - February 26, 2018
- Medici Ventures’ Bitt Inc. to Create Digital Payments Ecosystem in Montserrat - February 21, 2018
- Neuromation and Longenesis Partner to Transform Healthcare With Blockchain and AI - February 20, 2018
- IdentityMind Raises $10m, Outlines Expansion Plans - February 16, 2018
- EQUI Platform Enables Anyone to Make a Crypto-Powered Investment - February 15, 2018
- IoT Platform Augmate to Promote Blockchain Development in Mexico - February 14, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Brings Charlie Shrem on Board for ICO, Whitelisting Ends Today - February 13, 2018
- Unity App Store for SE Asia Gamers Is Focus of $30m ICO led by Aetius Capital for Cloud Alliance - February 12, 2018
- Lino Raises $20m to Eliminate the Middleman in Video Streaming - February 9, 2018
- Cognizant Report: 88 Percent of Asia Pacific Financial Service Organizations See Blockchain as a Game-Changer - February 8, 2018
- Soccer’s Next Evolution? London Football Exchange to Launch ICO - February 7, 2018
- IdentityMind Releases Know-your-customer Tool for ICOs - February 5, 2018
- Crypto Fantasy: Football-Stars Platform Goes Blockchain - February 1, 2018
- 30-strong Startup Consortium Launches 22X Fund, Raises £22m in ICO Presale - January 31, 2018
- “ICO boutique” Chaineum Launches a Hush Alternative to Banking - January 30, 2018
- Dash Digital Currency now Offered on Mercury Exchange - January 25, 2018
- Bloomio Launches Token-based Crowdfunding Platform With Ambitions to Redesign VC - January 24, 2018
- Simple Token Lists on Singapore, Hong Kong Exchanges and Doubles User Base - January 23, 2018
- Ambrosus Taps Wattenhofer to Develop Project - January 19, 2018
- Mark Cuban-Backed Current Media to Launch ICO - January 17, 2018
- Saifu Taps Thales for Crypto Banking Security - January 12, 2018
- Coinsilium Ups Its Stake in Indorse’s Decentralized Social Network - January 10, 2018
- Jibrel ICO Announces $30M Raise - January 9, 2018
- IOTA Announces Smart City Partnership - January 7, 2018
- Taylor Crypto Trading Bot Announces ICO - January 4, 2018
- Ripio Credit Network Partners With OKLink in Payments Tie-Up - January 4, 2018