Claiming to be the world’s first accredited school for decentralized technologies, Academy School of Blockchain announced, earlier this month, its acquisition of Bulgaria’s SoftUni, said to be Europe’s largest private school and a leading provider of IT developer education.
According to the company’s statement, Academy looks forward to aggressive growth over the next 12 to 18 months, as it continues to develop long-term strategic partnerships with governments, corporations and universities around the world.
“We have the curricula, proprietary learning systems and network to ensure longevity in the Ed-tech space. Our immersive blockchain curriculum gives the standardization and scalability needed for blockchain to succeed,” said John Souza, Academy founder and CEO, in a statement.
“Our Coding Academy program has an ongoing placement rate of 92 percent, putting us clearly on the top of every alternative learning program in existence today. Now we’re parlaying that success into tackling the top risk to the entire blockchain ecosystem, the lack of developers available to hire,” Souza said, adding that demand for Academy courses is already high.
The first combined on-site/online blockchain immersion course began last week in Sofia, Bulgaria at the SoftUni campus. According to a press release, over 600 candidates applied for the entrance exam, with 120 students accepted based on exam results. Thirty students are participating in live sessions, while 120 are completing the course via a proprietary digital learning management system.
Academy founders Souza and Jason King have also been closely involved with high-level discussions on the future of tech education, including participation at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, and subsequent talks in Washington D.C.
An ongoing theme has been the critical challenges posed by the speed of development in emerging fields and an “education lag” which could threaten the future of the blockchain industry.
“Education in the emerging technology space must be fully integrated with the rapidly changing needs of each sector,” Souza stated. “Blockchain is still an emerging field. We’re forging ahead through courses designed by pioneers in the industry. They know what the industry needs now and what it will need in the future. Without this kind of alignment, other programs will fail.”
Academy’s token sale runs until April 15, 2018. Its ACAD token will be a means of paying for immersive training programs, educational offerings, and to access online content.
For more information: http://www.academytoken.com
- S. Korea’s RecordFarm Eyes Music Industry Disruption with RCD Token - April 26, 2018
- Bottos Launching AI Data Sharing Marketplace for Low Cost Data - April 25, 2018
- Industry Leaders React to European Parliament Vote to Tighten Crypto Regulation - April 24, 2018
- Trade Finance Platform Batavia Completes Live Pilot with Audi Shipment - April 24, 2018
- Sun Exchange Launches SUNEX Token for Solar Venture - April 23, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Token Buyback to Fuel Future Partnerships - April 19, 2018
- Marsh Works With IBM for Blockchain Proof of Commercial Insurance - April 19, 2018
- DNAtix Meets Milestone PoC with DNA Blockchain Transfer - April 17, 2018
- Korea’s Coinone Exchange Sets June Date for Indonesia Launch - April 17, 2018
- AidCoin Launches in Beta, Partners With TokenStars and LastMinute Foundation - April 9, 2018
- Quantum and River Oaks Form JV for Medical Billing Blockchain Initiative - April 9, 2018
- E-Sports Predictions Platform RankingBall to Kick off Token Sale - April 9, 2018
- MintHealth Launches Dual-Token Equity Sale for Healthcare Ecosystem - April 9, 2018
- New Decentralized Crypto Exchange Ethen to Prioritize Accessibility Along With Security - April 6, 2018
- Lykke Exchange Lists Privacy Coin Zcash - April 6, 2018
- Royal Wedding Goes Crypto: Harry and Meghan Charity Token Launched - April 5, 2018
- Coinnup Online/Offline Crypto Platform Prepares for April ICO - April 5, 2018
- Russia’s Starta Ventures Launches $20M Fund for Pre-ICO Startups - April 5, 2018
- Augmented Reality Platform Arcona Readies ICO With Digital Land Giveaway - April 4, 2018
- EnvisionX Launches ICO for Transparent, Programmatic Advertising Platform - April 4, 2018
- Kinguin Launches ICO to Tokenize Award-Winning Gaming Marketplace - April 3, 2018
- PayPal Competitor Request Network Launches Crypto Payment Service - April 3, 2018
- DashBid Launches Non-US Tokensale for PreVUE Advertising Model - April 2, 2018
- TVzavr’s MoviesChain Wins Russian Blockchain Media Award - April 2, 2018
- WISeKey Crypto Solution Lets Connected Objects Pay With WISeCoin - April 2, 2018
- Netflix-Style VR Platform Terra Virtua Launches at London’s BAFTA - March 30, 2018
- Dutch Startup unchain Launches Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform, Signs Energy PoC With Vattenfall - March 30, 2018
- Electrify.Asia and Streamr Team Up to Give Users Data Power - March 30, 2018
- Delphy Rebrand Ahead of Predictive Markets App Launch - March 29, 2018
- Tradewind Launches Gold Platform Secured by Royal Canadian Mint - March 28, 2018
- PwC France & Francophone Africa Collaborate to Advance Regional Blockchain Adoption - March 28, 2018
- Blockchain-Based Container Shipping Platform 300cubits to Embark on Token Sale - March 27, 2018
- Polyswarm Raises $26M for Decentralized Anti-Malware Platform - March 27, 2018
- Monopoly’s Crypto Rival, Worldopoly Gets Set for Public Presale - March 26, 2018
- Polymath Taps Crowd Machine to Power Regulatory Compliant Security Tokens - March 26, 2018
- Toronto Stock Exchange Operator TMX and Paycase Launch Crypto Broker Desk - March 26, 2018
- PeerStream Hooks Lon Wong’s ProximaX as First Client - March 26, 2018
- Lloyds Register Foundation Funds Maritime Blockchain Labs Project with BLOC - March 23, 2018
- FT Slams Saga’s New Regulatory-Friendly, Non-Anonymous Crypto - March 23, 2018
- BitRewards Partners With Influencer Marketing Platform AdHive - March 23, 2018
- Making Giving Transparent: Charity Startup Giftcoin Opens Public Sale - March 22, 2018
- Wikipedia Rival Everipedia Sets June Airdrop Date - March 22, 2018
- Kik’s Kin Token Now Powered by Stellar and Ethereum in Parallel for Faster Transactions - March 22, 2018
- Yoo-Mi PHA Uses Tokens as Incentives for Its AI-Powered Wellness Platform - March 21, 2018
- Kyber Launches Public Crypto-Exchange in Beta - March 21, 2018
- New Global Industry Body to Draft Crypto Code of Conduct - March 21, 2018
- News From Crypto Island: Now Malta’s Lawyers are Tokenizing Themselves - March 21, 2018
- UK’s Energi Mine Platform Begins Energy Saving Trials With EMA Members Including Network Rail - March 20, 2018
- Hedera Plans Speedier, Safer, More Democratic Blockchain Alternative: Hashgraph - March 20, 2018
- Academy Blockchain Fuels Expansion Plans With Major Ed-Tech Acquisition - March 19, 2018