Virtual Reality (VR) games and entertainment platform Terra Virtua on Thursday debuted its platform in London, with a presentation of the games and publishers that will support the public launch of its Netflix-style subscription service.
At a showcase event held at the headquarters of the British Academy for Film & Television Arts (BAFTA ) in London’s Piccadilly Circus, Terra Virtua switched on the platform for public play for the first time, showcasing some of the latest VR-based games and other augmented reality (AR) experiences that users can choose from.
Terra Virtua recently announced its plans for an ICO of TERRA tokens /TVT to underpin its blockchain-based economy, due to launch in April. The tokens will allow the buying and selling of games, add-ons, events and services, stated the company. Dedicated zones within Terra Virtua can also be purchased using /TVT in order to host content. Creators are paid in /TVT for the use of their content, with all consumption recorded transparently on the blockchain, allowing for faster settlement and payment.
“With Terra Virtua, we are revolutionizing both the gaming and entertainment experience as well as democratizing and simplifying the basis of a global in-platform economy,” said Peter Bergstrom, Chief Strategy Officer and co-founder of Terra Virtua in the statement. “The TVT token economy, for which we have commenced presale, offers content creators a simple, fast and global means by which they can be compensated for their work.
Similar to video streaming services, users pay a flat monthly fee for access to the library of VR content which, the company stated, will be constantly updated. Users will also have access to pay-per-view special events, including sports and concerts. A companion AR app connects to Terra Virtua when users are on the move, allowing users to chat and collaborate via their smartphones.
Terra Virtua said its launch marks the coming of age of VR, because while headset technology has moved on at considerable pace, access to compelling content has failed to keep up.
“Today’s launch of the Terra Virtua platform is unique in a number of ways – from our ground-breaking use of VR and AR technology to create a fully-immersive and easy to navigate platform, to our subscription library approach to content,” said Gary Bracey, CEO and co-founder, in a statement. “Users of the platform will benefit from extensive choice and flexibility in how and when they enjoy entertainment from games to events and experiences.”
The Terra Virtua team draws on expertise from video games industry veterans and blockchain experts, including Kish Hirani, former Head of Developer services for Sony PlayStation & PlayStation VR, games industry veteran Doug Dyer and Keith Ramsdale, a former executive at Electronic Arts.
Content providers partnering with Terra Virtua include games publishers Epic Games, Cooperative Innovations and VR specialists MakeReal.
For more information visit: http://terravirtua.io/
- S. Korea’s RecordFarm Eyes Music Industry Disruption with RCD Token - April 26, 2018
- Bottos Launching AI Data Sharing Marketplace for Low Cost Data - April 25, 2018
- Industry Leaders React to European Parliament Vote to Tighten Crypto Regulation - April 24, 2018
- Trade Finance Platform Batavia Completes Live Pilot with Audi Shipment - April 24, 2018
- Sun Exchange Launches SUNEX Token for Solar Venture - April 23, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Token Buyback to Fuel Future Partnerships - April 19, 2018
- Marsh Works With IBM for Blockchain Proof of Commercial Insurance - April 19, 2018
- DNAtix Meets Milestone PoC with DNA Blockchain Transfer - April 17, 2018
- Korea’s Coinone Exchange Sets June Date for Indonesia Launch - April 17, 2018
- AidCoin Launches in Beta, Partners With TokenStars and LastMinute Foundation - April 9, 2018
- Quantum and River Oaks Form JV for Medical Billing Blockchain Initiative - April 9, 2018
- E-Sports Predictions Platform RankingBall to Kick off Token Sale - April 9, 2018
- MintHealth Launches Dual-Token Equity Sale for Healthcare Ecosystem - April 9, 2018
- New Decentralized Crypto Exchange Ethen to Prioritize Accessibility Along With Security - April 6, 2018
- Lykke Exchange Lists Privacy Coin Zcash - April 6, 2018
- Royal Wedding Goes Crypto: Harry and Meghan Charity Token Launched - April 5, 2018
- Coinnup Online/Offline Crypto Platform Prepares for April ICO - April 5, 2018
- Russia’s Starta Ventures Launches $20M Fund for Pre-ICO Startups - April 5, 2018
- Augmented Reality Platform Arcona Readies ICO With Digital Land Giveaway - April 4, 2018
- EnvisionX Launches ICO for Transparent, Programmatic Advertising Platform - April 4, 2018
- Kinguin Launches ICO to Tokenize Award-Winning Gaming Marketplace - April 3, 2018
- PayPal Competitor Request Network Launches Crypto Payment Service - April 3, 2018
- DashBid Launches Non-US Tokensale for PreVUE Advertising Model - April 2, 2018
- TVzavr’s MoviesChain Wins Russian Blockchain Media Award - April 2, 2018
- WISeKey Crypto Solution Lets Connected Objects Pay With WISeCoin - April 2, 2018
- Netflix-Style VR Platform Terra Virtua Launches at London’s BAFTA - March 30, 2018
- Dutch Startup unchain Launches Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform, Signs Energy PoC With Vattenfall - March 30, 2018
- Electrify.Asia and Streamr Team Up to Give Users Data Power - March 30, 2018
- Delphy Rebrand Ahead of Predictive Markets App Launch - March 29, 2018
- Tradewind Launches Gold Platform Secured by Royal Canadian Mint - March 28, 2018
- PwC France & Francophone Africa Collaborate to Advance Regional Blockchain Adoption - March 28, 2018
- Blockchain-Based Container Shipping Platform 300cubits to Embark on Token Sale - March 27, 2018
- Polyswarm Raises $26M for Decentralized Anti-Malware Platform - March 27, 2018
- Monopoly’s Crypto Rival, Worldopoly Gets Set for Public Presale - March 26, 2018
- Polymath Taps Crowd Machine to Power Regulatory Compliant Security Tokens - March 26, 2018
- Toronto Stock Exchange Operator TMX and Paycase Launch Crypto Broker Desk - March 26, 2018
- PeerStream Hooks Lon Wong’s ProximaX as First Client - March 26, 2018
- Lloyds Register Foundation Funds Maritime Blockchain Labs Project with BLOC - March 23, 2018
- FT Slams Saga’s New Regulatory-Friendly, Non-Anonymous Crypto - March 23, 2018
- BitRewards Partners With Influencer Marketing Platform AdHive - March 23, 2018
- Making Giving Transparent: Charity Startup Giftcoin Opens Public Sale - March 22, 2018
- Wikipedia Rival Everipedia Sets June Airdrop Date - March 22, 2018
- Kik’s Kin Token Now Powered by Stellar and Ethereum in Parallel for Faster Transactions - March 22, 2018
- Yoo-Mi PHA Uses Tokens as Incentives for Its AI-Powered Wellness Platform - March 21, 2018
- Kyber Launches Public Crypto-Exchange in Beta - March 21, 2018
- New Global Industry Body to Draft Crypto Code of Conduct - March 21, 2018
- News From Crypto Island: Now Malta’s Lawyers are Tokenizing Themselves - March 21, 2018
- UK’s Energi Mine Platform Begins Energy Saving Trials With EMA Members Including Network Rail - March 20, 2018
- Hedera Plans Speedier, Safer, More Democratic Blockchain Alternative: Hashgraph - March 20, 2018
- Academy Blockchain Fuels Expansion Plans With Major Ed-Tech Acquisition - March 19, 2018