Singapore-based e-sports blockchain platform RankingBall, which lets users make skill-based predictions during live sporting events, is launching a public token on May 21, as the Major League Baseball season gets in full swing.
Announcing the crowdsale, on Friday, RankingBall insisted that it is more than just a betting platform and uses blockchain to connect and incentivize sports fans, e-sports developers, streamers and players, through the /RBG token, which will make online sports and e-sports betting more convenient for players around the world.
Fantasy sports and sports i-gaming are enormously popular right now, but the hundreds of billions of dollars in revenue they generate are at stake because they’re failing to attract millennials,” said Darren Kim, RankingBall’s CEO and co-founder, in a statement.
“Young players who’ve gotten used to the interaction and engagement of mobile and web games are looking elsewhere for entertainment. What young players ultimately want is not the big prize but the added thrill of competing and having something at stake,” he added.
RankingBall said it has brought in some big names in sports and e-sports to build its brand, including a partnership with PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. It added that it has now completed testing with League of Legends and action game Counter Strike Global Offensive. Korean sports broadcasters KBS, SBS and MBC Sports are signed on as partners. Ken Hershman, past president of HBO sports and the current head of the World Esports Association is an advisor and has helped forge partnerships with broadcasters and developers.
“It has always been challenging for sports networks to directly engage with the viewers,” Hershman said. “RankingBall offers a very intriguing way to narrow the gap between the league, broadcasters, and the television audience. In the era of streaming, having a unique layer of interactive gameplay on top of live match broadcasts fits perfectly with the rise of e-sports.”
The RankingBall Gold /RBG token sale will run though June 3 and will be used to allocate 25 percent of the total USD 120 million target market cap, the company said in a statement.
The starting price will be set at 50,000 RBG per 1 /ETH, and Ethereum is the only currency accepted. There is a staggered bonus structure for participants, with the 30 percent bonus expiring on 18 May and all bonus tokens will stop by May 30, the company stated.
It added that Token holders will also receive dividends paid as a percentage of profits, a 10-15 percent interest payment for holding tokens, and airdrop rewards when RankingBall invests in additional tokens.
- S. Korea’s RecordFarm Eyes Music Industry Disruption with RCD Token - April 26, 2018
- Bottos Launching AI Data Sharing Marketplace for Low Cost Data - April 25, 2018
- Industry Leaders React to European Parliament Vote to Tighten Crypto Regulation - April 24, 2018
- Trade Finance Platform Batavia Completes Live Pilot with Audi Shipment - April 24, 2018
- Sun Exchange Launches SUNEX Token for Solar Venture - April 23, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Token Buyback to Fuel Future Partnerships - April 19, 2018
- Marsh Works With IBM for Blockchain Proof of Commercial Insurance - April 19, 2018
- DNAtix Meets Milestone PoC with DNA Blockchain Transfer - April 17, 2018
- Korea’s Coinone Exchange Sets June Date for Indonesia Launch - April 17, 2018
- AidCoin Launches in Beta, Partners With TokenStars and LastMinute Foundation - April 9, 2018
- Quantum and River Oaks Form JV for Medical Billing Blockchain Initiative - April 9, 2018
- E-Sports Predictions Platform RankingBall to Kick off Token Sale - April 9, 2018
- MintHealth Launches Dual-Token Equity Sale for Healthcare Ecosystem - April 9, 2018
- New Decentralized Crypto Exchange Ethen to Prioritize Accessibility Along With Security - April 6, 2018
- Lykke Exchange Lists Privacy Coin Zcash - April 6, 2018
- Royal Wedding Goes Crypto: Harry and Meghan Charity Token Launched - April 5, 2018
- Coinnup Online/Offline Crypto Platform Prepares for April ICO - April 5, 2018
- Russia’s Starta Ventures Launches $20M Fund for Pre-ICO Startups - April 5, 2018
- Augmented Reality Platform Arcona Readies ICO With Digital Land Giveaway - April 4, 2018
- EnvisionX Launches ICO for Transparent, Programmatic Advertising Platform - April 4, 2018
- Kinguin Launches ICO to Tokenize Award-Winning Gaming Marketplace - April 3, 2018
- PayPal Competitor Request Network Launches Crypto Payment Service - April 3, 2018
- DashBid Launches Non-US Tokensale for PreVUE Advertising Model - April 2, 2018
- TVzavr’s MoviesChain Wins Russian Blockchain Media Award - April 2, 2018
- WISeKey Crypto Solution Lets Connected Objects Pay With WISeCoin - April 2, 2018
- Netflix-Style VR Platform Terra Virtua Launches at London’s BAFTA - March 30, 2018
- Dutch Startup unchain Launches Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform, Signs Energy PoC With Vattenfall - March 30, 2018
- Electrify.Asia and Streamr Team Up to Give Users Data Power - March 30, 2018
- Delphy Rebrand Ahead of Predictive Markets App Launch - March 29, 2018
- Tradewind Launches Gold Platform Secured by Royal Canadian Mint - March 28, 2018
- PwC France & Francophone Africa Collaborate to Advance Regional Blockchain Adoption - March 28, 2018
- Blockchain-Based Container Shipping Platform 300cubits to Embark on Token Sale - March 27, 2018
- Polyswarm Raises $26M for Decentralized Anti-Malware Platform - March 27, 2018
- Monopoly’s Crypto Rival, Worldopoly Gets Set for Public Presale - March 26, 2018
- Polymath Taps Crowd Machine to Power Regulatory Compliant Security Tokens - March 26, 2018
- Toronto Stock Exchange Operator TMX and Paycase Launch Crypto Broker Desk - March 26, 2018
- PeerStream Hooks Lon Wong’s ProximaX as First Client - March 26, 2018
- Lloyds Register Foundation Funds Maritime Blockchain Labs Project with BLOC - March 23, 2018
- FT Slams Saga’s New Regulatory-Friendly, Non-Anonymous Crypto - March 23, 2018
- BitRewards Partners With Influencer Marketing Platform AdHive - March 23, 2018
- Making Giving Transparent: Charity Startup Giftcoin Opens Public Sale - March 22, 2018
- Wikipedia Rival Everipedia Sets June Airdrop Date - March 22, 2018
- Kik’s Kin Token Now Powered by Stellar and Ethereum in Parallel for Faster Transactions - March 22, 2018
- Yoo-Mi PHA Uses Tokens as Incentives for Its AI-Powered Wellness Platform - March 21, 2018
- Kyber Launches Public Crypto-Exchange in Beta - March 21, 2018
- New Global Industry Body to Draft Crypto Code of Conduct - March 21, 2018
- News From Crypto Island: Now Malta’s Lawyers are Tokenizing Themselves - March 21, 2018
- UK’s Energi Mine Platform Begins Energy Saving Trials With EMA Members Including Network Rail - March 20, 2018
- Hedera Plans Speedier, Safer, More Democratic Blockchain Alternative: Hashgraph - March 20, 2018
- Academy Blockchain Fuels Expansion Plans With Major Ed-Tech Acquisition - March 19, 2018