Oyster Protocol, a website monetization and distributed storage solution built on the IOTA and Ethereum blockchains, has announced an Airdrop for its Oyster Shell token (SHL): Friday, April 13.
Oyster’s primary operation is the storage, retention, and retrieval of static data, enabled by its Pearl (PRL) token. The core Oyster network creates a latency-optimized meshnet of nodes, an ideal environment for decentralized communications, a statement said. Shell tokens are used to pay for connectivity and Decentralized Applications (DApps) operation across the Oyster meshnet, and will eventually be used to access the decentralized web by bypassing internet service providers (ISPs). Shell tokens will be distributed via Airdrop to PRL holders, and will not be offered in a token sale. When websites install Oyster code to monetize, they will earn PRL and SHL.
The Airdrop will be supported by KuCoin, so that anyone participating can store their PRL on a KuCoin wallet to receive SHL at a 1:1 ratio without being required to move their assets to an external wallet. KuCoin will be the only exchange where you can keep PRL and still receive the SHL Airdrop.
IOTA’s blockchain alternative, the Tangle is a Directed Acyclic Graph, known as a DAG. In summary, the Tangle aims to solve both the scalability and transaction fee issues faced by Bitcoin (and many cryptocurrencies) by requiring a sender in a transaction to perform a kind of proof of work which approves two transactions.
“Political pressure from giant corporations like Facebook, Google and ISPs [is] ruining the Internet for the common individual,” said Bruno Block, CEO of Oyster, in a statement. “Oyster Shell circumvents this control by creating a distributed meshnet. As more people join the network via IOTA, the Oyster Protocol will act as a massive organic supercomputer, removing the need for the centralized infrastructures.”
The Oyster Protocol and SHL token allow users to access the internet at a fraction of the cost, anonymously, and from any location, a statement said. Shell tokens enable encrypted internet access and peer-to-peer communication between any two endpoints that participate in the meshnet.
PRL tokens are listed on KuCoin, EtherDelta, Cryptopia and CoinExchange, representatives said.
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018
- Malta-Based Decentralized Ventures to Spearhead Crypto Island’s Blockchain Services Provision - April 19, 2018
- Project Aiur Seeks to Verify Academic Research With Blockchain & AI - April 17, 2018
- Decentralized Reality Show Seeks Young Entrepreneurs With an Appetite for Disruption - April 16, 2018
- Santander Launches Blockchain-Powered International Money Transfer Service in Four Countries - April 16, 2018
- NetCents Launches Instant Settlements to Fight Market Volatility - April 13, 2018
- New Reports Highlight Blockchain’s Impact on Manufacturing & Supply Chain Logistics - April 13, 2018
- Distributed Storage Solution Oyster Protocol Readies Friday Airdrop for PRL Token Holders - April 13, 2018
- Millennium BlockChain Announces $3M Investment in ImpactPPA’s Renewable Energy Platform - April 12, 2018
- 22 Countries to Establish European Blockchain Partnership - April 11, 2018