Ubiatar, a startup which lets people create human avatars, on Wednesday launched its blockchain-powered platform UbiatarPlay and an initial coin offering (ICO) of its Ubiatarcoins (/UAC).
According to a press release from the company, the Ubiatar platform empowers people to travel without physically being present via a sophisticated combination of live video, cloud computing and an advanced graphical user interface (GUI).
The company intends to use /UAC tokens to support the exchange of value between peers worldwide. Coins can be bought on the market so home users and advertisers can pay avatars in the field to act on their behalf, supported with regular exchange platforms and weekly replenishing of a working buffer of at least 200,000 /UAC.
The release states Ubiatar provides a viable solution to having the power of ubiquity, or instant transfer to any place at any time, using modern mobile technologies over a high-performance cloud network.
The system requires an individual (acting as the avatar) to hold a smartphone, ensuring that everything they see and hear is sent over the network to the person at home, who directs the avatar, acting as a remote body. Directions are given via a patented GUI superimposed over a live video stream.
According to Ubiatar, the platform works in any situation where people are unable to attend or interact, allowing them to be omnipresent.
The ICO, hosted on Eidoo’s ICO Engine, will last for one month. It offers 15 million Ubiatarcoins /UAC at a projected price of USD2 per coin. The company said funds raised will be invested into worldwide marketing and growth, which will put UbiatarPlay at the forefront of the telepresence sector.
See a link to UbiatarPlay’s whitepaper here.
- FunFair Launches Blockchain Casino Platform in Closed Beta - May 25, 2018
- On GDPR Day, a Blockchain Solution - May 25, 2018
- Ogilvy Hosts Rebranding Contest for Crypto Hopefuls in NYC - May 24, 2018
- MoneyToken Adds BCH, Brings Roger Ver and Mate Tokay on Board - May 24, 2018
- Japan’s Biggest Bank to Roll out Blockchain Payment System by 2020 - May 23, 2018
- Envion Legal Battle Is Latest Swiss Crypto Bust Up - May 22, 2018
- Kontakt.io Teams IoT Platform with IOTA’s Blockchain for Monitoring and Asset Tracking - May 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Launches MyClinic.com Telemedicine Platform - May 22, 2018
- Malta Picks Omnitude to Drive Blockchain Into Public Transport - May 21, 2018
- European Parliament Passes Resolution Supporting Blockchain Technology - May 21, 2018
- Leading Indian Banks Form Blockchain Trade Network with InfoSys - May 18, 2018
- Orbs Raises $118 Million to Fund Consumer Apps Blockchain Platform - May 18, 2018
- WordPress for Blockchain: Superblocks Launches with $1 Million in Funding - May 18, 2018
- Bloq Metronome Token Sale is on for June 18 - May 18, 2018
- Cloud Alternative SONM Connects a Million Devices in Fog Network - May 17, 2018
- Swarm Fund Brings FarmCoin to PE Platform to Help African Farmers - May 16, 2018
- Evident Proof and Swytch Forge Alliance for Energy Production Blockchain - May 16, 2018
- Nasdaq Powered DX.Exchange Launches Easy Trading Platform - May 15, 2018
- Lykke Creates Investment and Advisory Spinoff BVV - May 14, 2018
- EQUI Capital to Extend ICO and Widen Investment Remit - May 14, 2018
- Chinese Government to Publish Monthly Scorecard of Global Crypto Projects - May 14, 2018
- Sportsbook WinFlow Wagers on Hashgraph Ahead of Fundraising - May 14, 2018
- Adult Industry Payment Processor PumaPay Pulls in USD 117 Million in Token Sale - May 11, 2018
- ConsenSys Opens Dublin Innovation Studio - May 10, 2018
- Human Avatar Creator Ubiatar Launches Telepresence Platform and ICO - May 10, 2018
- Bloomberg Launches BGCI Crypto Index with Novogratz’s Galaxy - May 10, 2018
- MovieCoin and BANKEX Open Door to Hollywood Investment Opportunities - May 10, 2018
- Netherlands Delivers National Blockchain Agenda to Stimulate Research - May 9, 2018
- Microsoft Launches Wave of AI Development Services and Blockchain Workbench - May 9, 2018
- IOHK Sizes up Blockchain Applications with Ethiopian Government - May 9, 2018
- Independent Music Platform Choon Beta Launches with NOTES Token Payments - May 8, 2018
- Climate Change Champ Leo DiCaprio Joins Decentralized Solar Platform Kingo - May 7, 2018
- Blockstack and ShapeShift Bounty Offers USD 50k for Best Decentralized Wallet - May 7, 2018
- Origin Protocol Taps Silicon Valley and Blockchain Funds to Raise USD 28.5 Million - May 7, 2018
- ZPER Embeds Trustonic in New Mobile Wallet for Optimized Security - May 2, 2018
- MEW and Kyber Network Commence Token Swap Service - May 1, 2018
- Etherisc Platform to Host Blockchain-Based Hurricane Insurance for Puerto Rico - May 1, 2018
- Litecoin Inventor Charlie Lee Joins DMG Blockchain Advisory Board - April 30, 2018
- San Marino Partners With Polybius to Develop Blockchain Legislative Framework - April 27, 2018
- S. Korea’s RecordFarm Eyes Music Industry Disruption with RCD Token - April 26, 2018
- Bottos Launching AI Data Sharing Marketplace for Low Cost Data - April 25, 2018
- Industry Leaders React to European Parliament Vote to Tighten Crypto Regulation - April 24, 2018
- Trade Finance Platform Batavia Completes Live Pilot with Audi Shipment - April 24, 2018
- Sun Exchange Launches SUNEX Token for Solar Venture - April 23, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Token Buyback to Fuel Future Partnerships - April 19, 2018
- Marsh Works With IBM for Blockchain Proof of Commercial Insurance - April 19, 2018
- DNAtix Meets Milestone PoC with DNA Blockchain Transfer - April 17, 2018
- Korea’s Coinone Exchange Sets June Date for Indonesia Launch - April 17, 2018
- AidCoin Launches in Beta, Partners With TokenStars and LastMinute Foundation - April 9, 2018
- Quantum and River Oaks Form JV for Medical Billing Blockchain Initiative - April 9, 2018