Online film distribution experts are looking to use crypto-currency to put the power back into the hands of the fans in a Walt Disney-style effort that could change the movie industry as we know it. Filmfund.io, the first cryptocurrency-backed movie crowdfunding platform is announcing the launch of the TIX bitcoin crowdsale to raise 3,000 BTC to jumpstart operations and establish the first-ever Bitcoin Trailer Fund (BTF). The BTF awards filmmakers with bitcoin toward trailer production for campaigns on the Lovingood Filmfund crowdfunding platform.
Upon successful funding of its 3,000BTC crowdsale, Lovingood Filmfund will award 12 filmmakers with 50BTC to launch campaigns toward the studio’s first online movie distribution slate. Introducing Filmfund.io Lovingood Filmfund (filmfund.io) is a new entertainment crowdfunding and distribution platform that uses a crypto-token system (TIX) to enable filmmakers to sell digital presale tickets to their film to fans and investors before it’s made.
Once the pre-determined ticket sale goal is met, the filmmaker now has the budget to produce their movie without the stress of having investors to pay back. Once the movie is ready for release, the film has built-in distribution through the Lovingood Filmclub platform and a group of fans ready to spread the word. Presale ticket holders can either use their TIX to watch a movie on the platform (and see their name in the credits) or sell their tickets on our TIX exchange to another moviegoer for a fixed retail price and make a small return. About Lovingood Studios Founded by Marcus and Mark Lovingood and joined by Oscar-winning Hollywood producer Brad Wyman, Lovingood Studios (Filmfund.io/Filmclub.io) is an all-in-one film crowdfunding and distribution platform, creating a new and exciting model for filmmakers of all shapes and sizes.
This gives filmmakers looking to bypass the high-barrier studio industry a self-sustainable option and provides the power of the internet to drive billion dollar box-offices online. Lovingood and Wyman have a list of high-profile industry producers and directors (XMEN, Off Their Rockers, Dark Knight) to collaborate and launch Filmfund campaigns with, creating star-studded movie slates that will entice audiences across the world.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019