Online film distribution experts are looking to use crypto-currency to put the power back into the hands of the fans in a Walt Disney-style effort that could change the movie industry as we know it. Filmfund.io, the first cryptocurrency-backed movie crowdfunding platform is announcing the launch of the TIX bitcoin crowdsale to raise 3,000 BTC to jumpstart operations and establish the first-ever Bitcoin Trailer Fund (BTF). The BTF awards filmmakers with bitcoin toward trailer production for campaigns on the Lovingood Filmfund crowdfunding platform.
Upon successful funding of its 3,000BTC crowdsale, Lovingood Filmfund will award 12 filmmakers with 50BTC to launch campaigns toward the studio’s first online movie distribution slate. Introducing Filmfund.io Lovingood Filmfund (filmfund.io) is a new entertainment crowdfunding and distribution platform that uses a crypto-token system (TIX) to enable filmmakers to sell digital presale tickets to their film to fans and investors before it’s made.
Once the pre-determined ticket sale goal is met, the filmmaker now has the budget to produce their movie without the stress of having investors to pay back. Once the movie is ready for release, the film has built-in distribution through the Lovingood Filmclub platform and a group of fans ready to spread the word. Presale ticket holders can either use their TIX to watch a movie on the platform (and see their name in the credits) or sell their tickets on our TIX exchange to another moviegoer for a fixed retail price and make a small return. About Lovingood Studios Founded by Marcus and Mark Lovingood and joined by Oscar-winning Hollywood producer Brad Wyman, Lovingood Studios (Filmfund.io/Filmclub.io) is an all-in-one film crowdfunding and distribution platform, creating a new and exciting model for filmmakers of all shapes and sizes.
This gives filmmakers looking to bypass the high-barrier studio industry a self-sustainable option and provides the power of the internet to drive billion dollar box-offices online. Lovingood and Wyman have a list of high-profile industry producers and directors (XMEN, Off Their Rockers, Dark Knight) to collaborate and launch Filmfund campaigns with, creating star-studded movie slates that will entice audiences across the world.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019