Online film distribution experts are looking to use crypto-currency to put the power back into the hands of the fans in a Walt Disney-style effort that could change the movie industry as we know it. Filmfund.io, the first cryptocurrency-backed movie crowdfunding platform is announcing the launch of the TIX bitcoin crowdsale to raise 3,000 BTC to jumpstart operations and establish the first-ever Bitcoin Trailer Fund (BTF). The BTF awards filmmakers with bitcoin toward trailer production for campaigns on the Lovingood Filmfund crowdfunding platform.
Upon successful funding of its 3,000BTC crowdsale, Lovingood Filmfund will award 12 filmmakers with 50BTC to launch campaigns toward the studio’s first online movie distribution slate. Introducing Filmfund.io Lovingood Filmfund (filmfund.io) is a new entertainment crowdfunding and distribution platform that uses a crypto-token system (TIX) to enable filmmakers to sell digital presale tickets to their film to fans and investors before it’s made.
Once the pre-determined ticket sale goal is met, the filmmaker now has the budget to produce their movie without the stress of having investors to pay back. Once the movie is ready for release, the film has built-in distribution through the Lovingood Filmclub platform and a group of fans ready to spread the word. Presale ticket holders can either use their TIX to watch a movie on the platform (and see their name in the credits) or sell their tickets on our TIX exchange to another moviegoer for a fixed retail price and make a small return. About Lovingood Studios Founded by Marcus and Mark Lovingood and joined by Oscar-winning Hollywood producer Brad Wyman, Lovingood Studios (Filmfund.io/Filmclub.io) is an all-in-one film crowdfunding and distribution platform, creating a new and exciting model for filmmakers of all shapes and sizes.
This gives filmmakers looking to bypass the high-barrier studio industry a self-sustainable option and provides the power of the internet to drive billion dollar box-offices online. Lovingood and Wyman have a list of high-profile industry producers and directors (XMEN, Off Their Rockers, Dark Knight) to collaborate and launch Filmfund campaigns with, creating star-studded movie slates that will entice audiences across the world.
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019