Digital Jersey is holding the Channel Islands’ first global fintech conference – Fintech Jersey 2015 – on 21st October 2015, at the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel.
The conference will be a day-long event and all attendees will receive a certificate of attendance, which can be used for CPD purposes.
The conference will focus on the current global outlook of finance and how fintech is already changing the sector at a fundamental level. Speakers will build on these insights to provide finance practitioners with a long-term, strategic look at the future of finance and the radical impact that technology will have on traditional business paradigms and shifting existing business models. The event will provide key insights from international fintech thought leaders and influencers, and is an unprecedented opportunity for Jersey businesses to get a comprehensive picture of the emerging threat landscape, and to explore the opportunities fintech presents from a Jersey perspective.
The conference includes 22 international speakers including entrepreneurs, investors, financial sector accelerators, policy makers and innovation experts.
The conference’s keynote speakers include:
- Simon Devonshire, entrepreneur and investor, who was recently the entrepreneur in residence for the UK government and has director level experience across a range of telecommunication companies. He will speak about the challenges of building a global fintech business 5 years ahead of the market
- Steve Perry, founder and co-creator of Visa Europe Collab, an innovation hub bringing together an international community of fintech practitioners to transform payments, who will give key insights into the emerging trends of global payments
- Dave Birch, director of innovation at Consult Hyperion, the secure electronic transactions consultancy, is ranked Europe’s most influential commentator on emerging payments by Total Payments magazine.
Other speakers include Leanne Kemp, CEO of Everledger, who will discuss the use of Blockchain to eliminate fraud in the diamond industry, Ruth Anderson, Director of Cyber in Financial Services at KPMG, who will give a talk on protecting the future, and a panel discussion on innovation to be chaired by Digital Jersey CEO Tony Moretta.
Andy Jarrett, Director at Digital Jersey commented:
“I’m delighted to officially announce the first global fintech conference in the Channel Islands. Fintech is a high-growth sector for Jersey with many new developments well under way, exemplified by the growing base of the most innovative fintech businesses that are thriving on-Island. Fintech Jersey 2015 will build on these exciting developments and presents a fantastic opportunity for Islanders to network and gain invaluable insights from the key global drivers of innovation in fintech today.”
Assistant Chief Minister Philip Ozouf commented:
“The fact that Jersey is hosting a global fintech conference is testament to the Island’s continued growth and development in this sector. 2015 has already been an exciting year for Jersey fintech, and I’m certain that this conference will act as a springboard for further innovation.”
Fintech Jersey 2015 is a free event, but booking is essential. To register for the event please go to the eventbrite page.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019