Digital Jersey is holding the Channel Islands’ first global fintech conference – Fintech Jersey 2015 – on 21st October 2015, at the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel.
The conference will be a day-long event and all attendees will receive a certificate of attendance, which can be used for CPD purposes.
The conference will focus on the current global outlook of finance and how fintech is already changing the sector at a fundamental level. Speakers will build on these insights to provide finance practitioners with a long-term, strategic look at the future of finance and the radical impact that technology will have on traditional business paradigms and shifting existing business models. The event will provide key insights from international fintech thought leaders and influencers, and is an unprecedented opportunity for Jersey businesses to get a comprehensive picture of the emerging threat landscape, and to explore the opportunities fintech presents from a Jersey perspective.
The conference includes 22 international speakers including entrepreneurs, investors, financial sector accelerators, policy makers and innovation experts.
The conference’s keynote speakers include:
- Simon Devonshire, entrepreneur and investor, who was recently the entrepreneur in residence for the UK government and has director level experience across a range of telecommunication companies. He will speak about the challenges of building a global fintech business 5 years ahead of the market
- Steve Perry, founder and co-creator of Visa Europe Collab, an innovation hub bringing together an international community of fintech practitioners to transform payments, who will give key insights into the emerging trends of global payments
- Dave Birch, director of innovation at Consult Hyperion, the secure electronic transactions consultancy, is ranked Europe’s most influential commentator on emerging payments by Total Payments magazine.
Other speakers include Leanne Kemp, CEO of Everledger, who will discuss the use of Blockchain to eliminate fraud in the diamond industry, Ruth Anderson, Director of Cyber in Financial Services at KPMG, who will give a talk on protecting the future, and a panel discussion on innovation to be chaired by Digital Jersey CEO Tony Moretta.
Andy Jarrett, Director at Digital Jersey commented:
“I’m delighted to officially announce the first global fintech conference in the Channel Islands. Fintech is a high-growth sector for Jersey with many new developments well under way, exemplified by the growing base of the most innovative fintech businesses that are thriving on-Island. Fintech Jersey 2015 will build on these exciting developments and presents a fantastic opportunity for Islanders to network and gain invaluable insights from the key global drivers of innovation in fintech today.”
Assistant Chief Minister Philip Ozouf commented:
“The fact that Jersey is hosting a global fintech conference is testament to the Island’s continued growth and development in this sector. 2015 has already been an exciting year for Jersey fintech, and I’m certain that this conference will act as a springboard for further innovation.”
Fintech Jersey 2015 is a free event, but booking is essential. To register for the event please go to the eventbrite page.
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019