Digital Jersey is holding the Channel Islands’ first global fintech conference – Fintech Jersey 2015 – on 21st October 2015, at the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel.
The conference will be a day-long event and all attendees will receive a certificate of attendance, which can be used for CPD purposes.
The conference will focus on the current global outlook of finance and how fintech is already changing the sector at a fundamental level. Speakers will build on these insights to provide finance practitioners with a long-term, strategic look at the future of finance and the radical impact that technology will have on traditional business paradigms and shifting existing business models. The event will provide key insights from international fintech thought leaders and influencers, and is an unprecedented opportunity for Jersey businesses to get a comprehensive picture of the emerging threat landscape, and to explore the opportunities fintech presents from a Jersey perspective.
The conference includes 22 international speakers including entrepreneurs, investors, financial sector accelerators, policy makers and innovation experts.
The conference’s keynote speakers include:
- Simon Devonshire, entrepreneur and investor, who was recently the entrepreneur in residence for the UK government and has director level experience across a range of telecommunication companies. He will speak about the challenges of building a global fintech business 5 years ahead of the market
- Steve Perry, founder and co-creator of Visa Europe Collab, an innovation hub bringing together an international community of fintech practitioners to transform payments, who will give key insights into the emerging trends of global payments
- Dave Birch, director of innovation at Consult Hyperion, the secure electronic transactions consultancy, is ranked Europe’s most influential commentator on emerging payments by Total Payments magazine.
Other speakers include Leanne Kemp, CEO of Everledger, who will discuss the use of Blockchain to eliminate fraud in the diamond industry, Ruth Anderson, Director of Cyber in Financial Services at KPMG, who will give a talk on protecting the future, and a panel discussion on innovation to be chaired by Digital Jersey CEO Tony Moretta.
Andy Jarrett, Director at Digital Jersey commented:
“I’m delighted to officially announce the first global fintech conference in the Channel Islands. Fintech is a high-growth sector for Jersey with many new developments well under way, exemplified by the growing base of the most innovative fintech businesses that are thriving on-Island. Fintech Jersey 2015 will build on these exciting developments and presents a fantastic opportunity for Islanders to network and gain invaluable insights from the key global drivers of innovation in fintech today.”
Assistant Chief Minister Philip Ozouf commented:
“The fact that Jersey is hosting a global fintech conference is testament to the Island’s continued growth and development in this sector. 2015 has already been an exciting year for Jersey fintech, and I’m certain that this conference will act as a springboard for further innovation.”
Fintech Jersey 2015 is a free event, but booking is essential. To register for the event please go to the eventbrite page.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019