SnapSwap International S.A. announced today that the company has been granted a license to provide services as a regulated payment institution by the Minister of Finance of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The license allows SnapSwap to offer payments, remittances, and currency exchange services utilizing modern cryptographic technologies, crypto-currencies and internet protocols, such as blockchain and open ledger consensus.
SnapSwap will start its operations for the European Union out of Luxembourg in January 2016 under the regulatory supervision of the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) as a payment institution pursuant to the Law of 10 November 2009 on payment services, on the activity of electronic money institution and settlement finality in payment and securities settlement systems.
SnapSwap, when operational in early 2016, will hold payment accounts and provide services to individuals, companies, and financial institutions within the European Union and worldwide. The company can process payment instruments on distributed payment networks, allowing faster, less expensive, and more accessible payments.
“Our mission is to build innovative financial products that allow consumers and businesses to participate in the global economy by bringing down barriers such as cost, complexity, and processing delays. We are employing the cutting-edge technologies of the emerging Internet of Value to foster financial inclusion and efficiency,” said Denis Kiselev, SnapSwap founder and CEO. “We believe this is the first step of the creation of a crypto protocols ecosystem that will develop within an established structure of financial regulation and supervision”, Kiselev added.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018