The Crypti Foundation, the team behind the next generation crypto-currency Crypti, today announced the immediate release of the core client source code under an open source MIT license.
Implementing its own variant of the DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) consensus model, which calls upon 101 democratically elected delegates to secure its blockchain. The Node.js based crypto-currency, which until now was developed within a closed source environment, was today open sourced to the crypto-currency community.
To mark the release, the Crypti Foundation also announced a lucrative bug bounty program, aimed at encouraging a thorough analysis of the source code by industry professionals.
Bug bounties will be paid out to successful claimants in the form of Crypti (XCR), the network’s own crypto-currency.
The Crypti Foundation’s Community Manager, Max Kordek said: “Throughout the past year, we have listened to the many opinions voiced within the community, which have often made repeated calls for us to finally open the source.”
“Speaking on behalf of the Crypti Foundation. Opening the source code of Crypti has always been one of our main objectives. As we strongly believe, Crypti should strive to become the most decentralized and thus democratic crypto-currency on the planet.”
Kordek further added:
“Todays open source release represents our latest version (0.3.2), currently in operation on the main net. Which thanks to numerous performance improvements, runs magnificently on machines with as little as 128 megabytes of RAM.”
Kordek finally added:
“Our forthcoming 0.5.0 release which is set to feature our hugely anticipated decentralized application (dapp) platform. Will also be released as open source, once we have completed our ongoing open beta testing period.”
The source code is available for immediate review on the GitHub repository hosting service (username: crypti / repository: crypti-sources).
Bug Bounty Program
All bugs must be reported by raising an issue on the GitHub repository: crypti-sources.
Bug finders are required to substantiate their claim against a bounty, by providing evidence in the form of a log file, stack trace, video, screenshot or detailed description. Throughout the duration of the program, bugs reported will be assigned a severity level by Boris Povod, the crypto-currency’s lead developer.
Bug bounties are awarded on a first come, first served basis. If a bounty for a specific bug has already been awarded. The bug finder will not be eligible for any reward.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019