The Crypti Foundation, the team behind the next generation crypto-currency Crypti, today announced the immediate release of the core client source code under an open source MIT license.
Implementing its own variant of the DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) consensus model, which calls upon 101 democratically elected delegates to secure its blockchain. The Node.js based crypto-currency, which until now was developed within a closed source environment, was today open sourced to the crypto-currency community.
To mark the release, the Crypti Foundation also announced a lucrative bug bounty program, aimed at encouraging a thorough analysis of the source code by industry professionals.
Bug bounties will be paid out to successful claimants in the form of Crypti (XCR), the network’s own crypto-currency.
The Crypti Foundation’s Community Manager, Max Kordek said: “Throughout the past year, we have listened to the many opinions voiced within the community, which have often made repeated calls for us to finally open the source.”
“Speaking on behalf of the Crypti Foundation. Opening the source code of Crypti has always been one of our main objectives. As we strongly believe, Crypti should strive to become the most decentralized and thus democratic crypto-currency on the planet.”
Kordek further added:
“Todays open source release represents our latest version (0.3.2), currently in operation on the main net. Which thanks to numerous performance improvements, runs magnificently on machines with as little as 128 megabytes of RAM.”
Kordek finally added:
“Our forthcoming 0.5.0 release which is set to feature our hugely anticipated decentralized application (dapp) platform. Will also be released as open source, once we have completed our ongoing open beta testing period.”
The source code is available for immediate review on the GitHub repository hosting service (username: crypti / repository: crypti-sources).
Bug Bounty Program
All bugs must be reported by raising an issue on the GitHub repository: crypti-sources.
Bug finders are required to substantiate their claim against a bounty, by providing evidence in the form of a log file, stack trace, video, screenshot or detailed description. Throughout the duration of the program, bugs reported will be assigned a severity level by Boris Povod, the crypto-currency’s lead developer.
Bug bounties are awarded on a first come, first served basis. If a bounty for a specific bug has already been awarded. The bug finder will not be eligible for any reward.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019