Calling blockchain a “fundamental” shift for the finance industry, a recent report from Cap Gemini suggests that blockchain technology will both slash costs and be a more secure option.
Traditional banks may be rendered obsolete by Bitcoin and blockchain technology, but the reality is that blockchain has the potential to do much more than just support cryptocurrencies. It’s set to revolutionize the financial services sector more broadly thanks to its potential to provide unprecedented transaction security through cryptography.
In this paper, Capgemini looks at blockchain technology and how it can transform financial institutions.
No financial services firm can afford to ignore blockchain technology any longer. In just a few years, a number if blockchain startups have entered the field for financial services and different blockchain platforms are providing competing solutions.
Blockchain technology could lead to a paradigm shift in the financial services industry.
• New non-traditional players threaten to increase the risk of disintermediation.
• Some banks and financial services organizations are already experimenting with cryptocurrency and blockchain.
• A number of financial institutions have expressed the need for help in understanding “the stakes” (aka the potential business impacts) for and against the adoption of blockchain technology.
• The knowledge base for this new technology is not yet fully developed.
• Government regulators in countries around the world are taking quite different approaches to cryptocurrencies, ranging from total prohibition of, to strong support for, its development.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019