Calling blockchain a “fundamental” shift for the finance industry, a recent report from Cap Gemini suggests that blockchain technology will both slash costs and be a more secure option.
Traditional banks may be rendered obsolete by Bitcoin and blockchain technology, but the reality is that blockchain has the potential to do much more than just support cryptocurrencies. It’s set to revolutionize the financial services sector more broadly thanks to its potential to provide unprecedented transaction security through cryptography.
In this paper, Capgemini looks at blockchain technology and how it can transform financial institutions.
No financial services firm can afford to ignore blockchain technology any longer. In just a few years, a number if blockchain startups have entered the field for financial services and different blockchain platforms are providing competing solutions.
Blockchain technology could lead to a paradigm shift in the financial services industry.
• New non-traditional players threaten to increase the risk of disintermediation.
• Some banks and financial services organizations are already experimenting with cryptocurrency and blockchain.
• A number of financial institutions have expressed the need for help in understanding “the stakes” (aka the potential business impacts) for and against the adoption of blockchain technology.
• The knowledge base for this new technology is not yet fully developed.
• Government regulators in countries around the world are taking quite different approaches to cryptocurrencies, ranging from total prohibition of, to strong support for, its development.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019