Calling blockchain a “fundamental” shift for the finance industry, a recent report from Cap Gemini suggests that blockchain technology will both slash costs and be a more secure option.
Traditional banks may be rendered obsolete by Bitcoin and blockchain technology, but the reality is that blockchain has the potential to do much more than just support cryptocurrencies. It’s set to revolutionize the financial services sector more broadly thanks to its potential to provide unprecedented transaction security through cryptography.
In this paper, Capgemini looks at blockchain technology and how it can transform financial institutions.
No financial services firm can afford to ignore blockchain technology any longer. In just a few years, a number if blockchain startups have entered the field for financial services and different blockchain platforms are providing competing solutions.
Blockchain technology could lead to a paradigm shift in the financial services industry.
• New non-traditional players threaten to increase the risk of disintermediation.
• Some banks and financial services organizations are already experimenting with cryptocurrency and blockchain.
• A number of financial institutions have expressed the need for help in understanding “the stakes” (aka the potential business impacts) for and against the adoption of blockchain technology.
• The knowledge base for this new technology is not yet fully developed.
• Government regulators in countries around the world are taking quite different approaches to cryptocurrencies, ranging from total prohibition of, to strong support for, its development.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019