The Bank of England (BOE) has recently announced they are searching for interns with knowledge of Blockchain and will offer selected students the possibility of a paid internship and the chance of landing a role within the organisation in an contest.
According the BOE website, Blockchain innovators are asked to forward a Blockchain concept that would contribute a positive change to UK society by 7th December, 2015.
There’s a lot of buzz around blockchain. It’s a technology that allows people who don’t know each other to trust a shared record of events. And its potential won’t just impact financial services. Many believe that blockchain could track and verify almost any digital record.
- So how would you use it?
- What business would you apply it to?
- What new product would you create?
Whatever your idea, pitch it to us. You could win a paid internship or a place at our graduate assessment centre.
A host of possibilities
Blockchain’s distributed ledger technology already maintains the Bitcoin network, and keeps a record of all Bitcoin transactions. It’s underpinning a new land title registry system in Honduras so people can prove they own the land they’ve bought. It’s enabling universities to store and encrypt student qualification records so employers can instantly verify CVs. It’s helping insurance companies crack down on fraud and theft by giving diamonds a digital fingerprint, creating a public ledger that tracks the origin, sale and ownership of the world’s most precious stones.
And many more novel applications are bubbling under. From how we identify individuals or verify the provenance of organic goods, to managing car leases or decentralising crowdfunding services.
The point is that while the technology might include some risks, there are all sorts of far-sighted, game-changing, life-enhancing ideas to pursue. We want to hear about yours.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019