Spending by financial institutions on blockchain projects will exceed $1 Billion US Dollars in 2017, making it one of the fastest developing enterprise software markets of all time, says Investment Bankers Magister Advisors. The Magister market forecast, which follows interviews with major banks, VCs and technology vendors, says that the world’s largest financial institutions have typically already identified portfolios of approximately 10-20 projects for Blockchain evaluation.
“The market is largely at the POC (proof of concept) phase, proving that blockchain-based implementations can replicate or complement existing infrastructure,” says the firm. “2016 marks a ‘race to production’ as innovators seek to push beyond the prototype stage.”
Collaborative initiatives by banks to assess the market potential for blockchain technology are starting to take off, with over 30 signed up for the R3-led standard-setting coalition, and 20 financial institutions joining a London-based working group looking at how blockchain technology can transform the way securities are traded, cleared, settled and reported.
This activity is likely to lead to significant investments in blockchain platform and application providers throughout 2016, says Magister Advisors, which anticipates multiple $100m+ funding rounds in 2016, as those with strong momentum seek to claim market leadership.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019