Fintech startup, Dragonfly Fintech (DF), has signed a Blockchain research contract with the leading Japanese think tank and systems integrator Nomura Research Institute (NRI) in conjunction with the Japanese SBI Sumishin Net Bank. The purpose of the contract is to assess a core component of DF’s blockchain technology for financial use. The pilot solution with NRI and SBI Sumishin Net Bank will mark a new milestone for blockchain technology by using the DF blockchain technology to provide practical financial solutions. This pilot will position DF, NRI, and SBI Sumishin Net Bank as global leaders in using innovative blockchain technology.
DF has been working to provide practical solutions for banks, under the framework of its Automated Clearing and Electronic Settlement (ACES) initiative. ACES aims to create a low-cost next-generation electronic monetary system for banks, and this includes providing tools to meet compliance requirements. As part of ACES, DF has been developing advanced blockchain – distributed ledger – solutions for financial institutions based on its patent-pending business method, and Tech Bureau’s Mijin high-throughput NEM blockchain engine. Developed from the ground up, the NEM blockchain features tools to easily create digital assets and manage account security using multistage approvals. Additionally, the DF system provides a robust financial transaction recording solution with high availability and security.
Dragonfly Fintech Pte Ltd, a Singapore-incorporated financial technology company, is a participant of the Open Network Lab incubation program run by Digital Garage Incubation, Inc., of Japan. The founders areLon Wong and Makoto Takemiya. Lon Wong is a serial technopreneur, and inventor of a patent-pending fintech business method. Makoto Takemiya, a PhD candidate at the University of Tokyo, is a core developer of NEM.
ACES is an innovative, distributed, and decentralised blockchain system capable of handling high-throughput required by global payments, clearance, and settlement systems. The ACES solution provides the financial industry with a new and efficient global standard for “direct payment”. Further, and to satisfy regulatory compliance and governance, it has a multistage approval capability which can be executed concurrently or in series, and ubiquitously in a peer-to-peer network. Using its patent pending method for digital currency, it converges existing payment methods into a simple multi-currency payment network – a “settlement upon transaction” platform. Here’s a paper on their technology.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020