Written by Richard Kastelein, Publisher of Blockchain News
Andrzej Horoszczak grew up under Communism in Warsaw, Poland ― and his perception of money evolved under a system that drilled the idea that everyone in a given society should receive equal shares of the benefits derived from labor.
The 80s he grew up in saw martial law, a suspended Solidarity Party with temporarily imprisoned leaders, heightened controls on civil liberties and political life, as well as food rationing. All this pretty much remained in place through the decade.
They were tough times.
“Our concept of money under Communism is hard to explain,” said Horoszczak, from his trendy office in central Warsaw. “Not everything was measured by money, to be a millionaire was useless.“
Will Billon disrupt the system eventually? Who knows, but they are certainly blazing a trail by being first through the gates. Both Putts and Horoszczak expressed they felt the system needs to change but by working with the stakeholders of the trust mechanisms currently in place ― the banks ― and not against them. And by working closely with the regulators.
In other words ― a kind of slow paradigm shift to a future where our current trust merchants ― the banks ― are thinned out and are made more accountable, more transparent, and more efficient.
See the Billon promotional video below.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019