Boloro, an international mobile payments processing network that is currently operational in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Pakistan and South Africa, but will expand its operations across 15 countries by the end of 2016, has announced that it has chosen Ribbit.me‘s universal blockchain-based loyalty industry platform to provide its merchant partners with a loyalty solution.
Owned and operated by Boloro Global Limited (formerly known as Net2Text Limited), Boloro was incorporated in Delaware and is headquartered in New York. Describing itself as an “international payments processing branded network,” Boloro says that it facilitates fast, secure and consumer-friendly payment acceptance for online/e-commerce, in-store retail, mass-transportation and government bill payment and remittances. Consumers are able to authorize payments using basic or smartphone without any application to download and can debit any account offered by issuers connected to the Boloro network, says the company.
Ann Camarillo, Boloro’s president & CEO said:
“We wanted a way to further differentiate ourselves as we enter new markets while at the same time help merchants in our network improve their revenues and customer loyalty. Adding Ribbit.me’s revolutionary loyalty element to our mobile payments offering is the perfect fit.”
Greg Simon, Ribbit.me’s co-founder & CEO added:
“Ribbit.me’s loyalty platform will allow Boloro to offer something that no one else currently can. Any merchant in their network can independently operate their own branded loyalty program and create dynamic redemption networks with each other at a fraction of the current cost.”
Ribbit.me, also incorporated in Delaware and headquartered in New York, provides a global loyalty industry platform utilizing distributed ledger, or blockchain, technology. The company says that its patent pending LoyaltyNetwork and SmartRewards technologies allow program operators to create and operate complex multi-agent redemption networks in a virtually frictionless environment, and to actively and effectively manage total program liability to offer dynamic and customized issuance and redemption options.
By integrating the Ribbit.me loyalty platform, including LoyaltyNetwork and SmartRewards blockchain and smart contract technologies, into its own product offering, Boloro will effectively become a rewards program provider to its own network of merchants.
Boloro, after incorporating the Ribbit.me technology, will be able to allow all participating merchants to offer their own branded rewards programs. Ribbit.me says this will give Boloro’s network of current and future merchants a significant competitive advantage, both in terms of customer loyalty and in marketing across the Boloro and broader Ribbit.me networks worldwide.
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019