Boloro, an international mobile payments processing network that is currently operational in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Pakistan and South Africa, but will expand its operations across 15 countries by the end of 2016, has announced that it has chosen Ribbit.me‘s universal blockchain-based loyalty industry platform to provide its merchant partners with a loyalty solution.
Owned and operated by Boloro Global Limited (formerly known as Net2Text Limited), Boloro was incorporated in Delaware and is headquartered in New York. Describing itself as an “international payments processing branded network,” Boloro says that it facilitates fast, secure and consumer-friendly payment acceptance for online/e-commerce, in-store retail, mass-transportation and government bill payment and remittances. Consumers are able to authorize payments using basic or smartphone without any application to download and can debit any account offered by issuers connected to the Boloro network, says the company.
Ann Camarillo, Boloro’s president & CEO said:
“We wanted a way to further differentiate ourselves as we enter new markets while at the same time help merchants in our network improve their revenues and customer loyalty. Adding Ribbit.me’s revolutionary loyalty element to our mobile payments offering is the perfect fit.”
Greg Simon, Ribbit.me’s co-founder & CEO added:
“Ribbit.me’s loyalty platform will allow Boloro to offer something that no one else currently can. Any merchant in their network can independently operate their own branded loyalty program and create dynamic redemption networks with each other at a fraction of the current cost.”
Ribbit.me, also incorporated in Delaware and headquartered in New York, provides a global loyalty industry platform utilizing distributed ledger, or blockchain, technology. The company says that its patent pending LoyaltyNetwork and SmartRewards technologies allow program operators to create and operate complex multi-agent redemption networks in a virtually frictionless environment, and to actively and effectively manage total program liability to offer dynamic and customized issuance and redemption options.
By integrating the Ribbit.me loyalty platform, including LoyaltyNetwork and SmartRewards blockchain and smart contract technologies, into its own product offering, Boloro will effectively become a rewards program provider to its own network of merchants.
Boloro, after incorporating the Ribbit.me technology, will be able to allow all participating merchants to offer their own branded rewards programs. Ribbit.me says this will give Boloro’s network of current and future merchants a significant competitive advantage, both in terms of customer loyalty and in marketing across the Boloro and broader Ribbit.me networks worldwide.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019