Deloitte and WanXiang Blockchain Labs have have teamed up to launch the first ever $100,000 Shanghai Blockchain Hackathon beginning on January 8th, 2016.
Participants will be divided into several small teams who will have two days to innovate, design and develop their projects. Experts from Ethereum, Deloitte Rubix Team and Wanxiang Blockchain Labs will provide technical support for participants. Each team will have the chance to present their prototype and win part of the 100,000 USD reward!
“Our focus on how technology and going digital are changing the ways we live is globally orchestrated. Deloitte people from the different countries around the world [have] formed a specialized team ‘Deloitte digital’ to understand the impact how digitizations [sic] is changing every industry and ecosystems for each industry, so that we as a firm can help ourselves and our clients to adapt to this environment.”
“The Chinese market is not to be missed. And we wish to set a global level playing field here,” said Qing. She explained that Deloitte’s goals are to “educate the market from concept to practical applications; setting up a platform for Blockchain developers cross borders to share coding experiences and ideas; engage engineers and corporate participants to explore Blockchain applications for various industries in real business world.”
Please sign up at this link.
Wangxiang blockchain labs is a frontier research institution focused on blockchain technology . The lab will gather experts in this field to work on technological development, business applications, industrial strategy and other aspects, to provide guidance for entrepreneurs, and to provide reference for the development of the industry and policy making, in order to benefit the society and economy with blockchain technology.
Deloitte – one of the world’s ‘Big Four’ audit firms, has been involved in Blockchain research for over 18 months now. Most of the Blockchain based research is being co-ordinated by a dedicated team of over 100 people based out of various locations. The team, called Deloitte Cryptocurrency Community is responsible for finding potential uses of Blockchain technology in banking and retail businesses. Deloitte also interact with Blockchain based start-ups, retail and banking sectors.The DCC has three mandates: educate Deloitte and its clients on opportunities in the space, investigate how the technology could improve existing services and explore future solutions built on the blockchain.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019