Deloitte and WanXiang Blockchain Labs have have teamed up to launch the first ever $100,000 Shanghai Blockchain Hackathon beginning on January 8th, 2016.
Participants will be divided into several small teams who will have two days to innovate, design and develop their projects. Experts from Ethereum, Deloitte Rubix Team and Wanxiang Blockchain Labs will provide technical support for participants. Each team will have the chance to present their prototype and win part of the 100,000 USD reward!
“Our focus on how technology and going digital are changing the ways we live is globally orchestrated. Deloitte people from the different countries around the world [have] formed a specialized team ‘Deloitte digital’ to understand the impact how digitizations [sic] is changing every industry and ecosystems for each industry, so that we as a firm can help ourselves and our clients to adapt to this environment.”
“The Chinese market is not to be missed. And we wish to set a global level playing field here,” said Qing. She explained that Deloitte’s goals are to “educate the market from concept to practical applications; setting up a platform for Blockchain developers cross borders to share coding experiences and ideas; engage engineers and corporate participants to explore Blockchain applications for various industries in real business world.”
Please sign up at this link.
Wangxiang blockchain labs is a frontier research institution focused on blockchain technology . The lab will gather experts in this field to work on technological development, business applications, industrial strategy and other aspects, to provide guidance for entrepreneurs, and to provide reference for the development of the industry and policy making, in order to benefit the society and economy with blockchain technology.
Deloitte – one of the world’s ‘Big Four’ audit firms, has been involved in Blockchain research for over 18 months now. Most of the Blockchain based research is being co-ordinated by a dedicated team of over 100 people based out of various locations. The team, called Deloitte Cryptocurrency Community is responsible for finding potential uses of Blockchain technology in banking and retail businesses. Deloitte also interact with Blockchain based start-ups, retail and banking sectors.The DCC has three mandates: educate Deloitte and its clients on opportunities in the space, investigate how the technology could improve existing services and explore future solutions built on the blockchain.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020