GFT, a global provider of advisory, business consulting, IT and software services to the investment banking community, has announced a partnership with FinTech City and the launch of a new Innovation Lab in the UK at its London office.
GFT are joining Santander, ICON Corporate Finance and Investec amongst others as partners of FinTech City, which brings together FinTech CEOs, leaders from Financial Services, VC investors, influencers, and tech superbrands dedicated to providing more opportunities for the global FinTech community.
Albert Franquesa, Principal Innovation Consultant at GFT, commented:
“We have for a long time partnered with tech companies to provide solutions for our Financial Services clients; but we now have a better defined process to cherry-pick the emerging FinTechs that we think can add the most value to our customers. We have already made exciting progress with CODE_n and [email protected], with the recent launch of our Blockchain prototype that will allow clients to track physical commodities through the use of a distributed ledger based business model. The creation of this prototype is an output of GFT’s ongoing innovation project, known as ‘PROJECT JUPITER’, which seeks to incubate disruptive business ideas and rapidly prototype solutions around Blockchain technology.”
With the initiative, GFT will continue working with financial services firms to help them navigate through the constant demands of financial regulation, whilst innovating to meet the demands of the new era. It will also support the existing GFT innovation platform, CODE_n, which provides international start-ups, technology pioneers and established companies’ access to a global innovation ecosystem, tapping into disruptive trends in financial services markets.
The launch of their innovation incubator ‘[email protected]’ is designed to allow the analysis and review of leading edge ideas and concepts by GFT specialists, as well as being a collaborative space for GFT employees to work with clients and technology partner to develop new ideas and offerings.
Chris Ortiz, UK MD commented:
“We are looking forward to continuing our work with Financial Services organisations and technology partners to co-operate, innovate, and do business together. We see a huge opportunity through the new partnership with FinTech City to be a part of the accelerating innovation in the financial services arena.”
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019