Led by a duo of Blockchain experts, the open source dapp & custom blockchain platform Lisk will allow developers and programmers worldwide to build, publish, distribute and monetize their decentralized applications with ease. Lisk is now one week into their ICO, and has already raised over 1200 BTC.
Lisk initiated their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) one week ago, on the 22nd of February 2016. With three weeks remaining, Lisk has already gathered over 1200 BTC, more than $500,000 USD.
All Bitcoin collected during the ICO are secured in a 2-of-3 multi-signature vault on Coinbase. Two of the multi-signature keys are being held in escrow. One by Lisk’s legal adviser, and the other one by a renown Bitcointalk community member. An explanation of all of the ICO terms is available on the official Lisk blog.
Upon launching the Lisk network, 85,000,000 LISK will be distributed to all participants at the end of March. During the ICO, the Lisk team is accepting a wide variety of crypto-currencies including Bitcoin, Crypti, Ether, Dash, Litecoin, Nxt, Monero, Peercoin, Namecoin and Dogecoin. All crypto-currencies besides Bitcoin and Crypti, will be exchanged directly into BTC, using ShapeShift technology.
An exchange wizard is in place to guide participants through the ICO which is taking place here. All ICO terms can be viewed here. For a complete guide to the Lisk Initial Coin Offering please click here.
Aspiring dapp developers can start learning how to code Lisk dapps, by reading the documentation section on the Lisk website. More information about the technical aspects of Lisk is available in the white paper.
Lisk will give users access to an entire open source dapp ecosystem, featuring a state-of-the-art software development kit, its own crypto-currency (LISK), a client integrated ‘Dapp Store’, and a thoroughly well-thought-out user-experience.
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020