Deloitte Israel’s recently published report, Israel: A Hotspot for Blockchain Innovation, has Blockchain and the Fintech revolution centred in Tel Aviv and Israel itself as being a global leader. Deloitte’s report included profiles of 38 Blockchain firms in Israel, with background histories on each firm and detailed financials.
The writers state that it’s easily on par to Silicon Valley when it comes to Blockchain theory and technology.
The report notes there are 430 Israeli fintech companies, including large enterprises as well as hundreds of local startups that raised $369 million in raised capital by 61 fintech Israeli companies in 2014. During the first three quarters of 2015, about 43 Israeli companies are reported to have raised capital and there are 14 Multinational fintech R&D centers in the country.
The report notes:
Israel, and specifically Tel Aviv, are at the forefront of blockchain technology
1. Cyber security and cryptography play a key role in the Israeli defense establishment; as such, the military serves as a potent incubator for these fields.
2. There are numerous Israeli entrepreneurs and startups that are currently developing a wide range of blockchain, applications. The dynamic nature of weekly blockchain meetings and the close cooperation between the science innovation and finance sectors, function as a powerful driving force behind the blockchain industry in Israel.
3. The “Israeli Factor” – Israel is well known for its entrepreneurial spirit and booming startups scene, successfully introducing many cutting edge technologies to the world
4. Israel is uniquely geographically positioned to serve as a gateway to numerous markets. Providing easy access to Europe as well as to Eastern Asian and African countries, Israel is ideally located for conducting business with foreign markets.
5. Israel’s relatively small size (approximately 20,000 sq. km), provides for a highly concentrated business arena. Consequently, due to their fairly close proximity, it is very easy for companies throughout the country, to interact and collaborate with each other.
Deloitte’s report profiles 38 blockchain firms domiciled within Israel, with background histories on each firm and detailed financial figures.
Deloitte has already established a presence in Israel with its Rubix project, a platform that allows developers to create customizable Blockchains and smart contract applications.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020