Deloitte Israel’s recently published report, Israel: A Hotspot for Blockchain Innovation, has Blockchain and the Fintech revolution centred in Tel Aviv and Israel itself as being a global leader. Deloitte’s report included profiles of 38 Blockchain firms in Israel, with background histories on each firm and detailed financials.
The writers state that it’s easily on par to Silicon Valley when it comes to Blockchain theory and technology.
The report notes there are 430 Israeli fintech companies, including large enterprises as well as hundreds of local startups that raised $369 million in raised capital by 61 fintech Israeli companies in 2014. During the first three quarters of 2015, about 43 Israeli companies are reported to have raised capital and there are 14 Multinational fintech R&D centers in the country.
The report notes:
Israel, and specifically Tel Aviv, are at the forefront of blockchain technology
1. Cyber security and cryptography play a key role in the Israeli defense establishment; as such, the military serves as a potent incubator for these fields.
2. There are numerous Israeli entrepreneurs and startups that are currently developing a wide range of blockchain, applications. The dynamic nature of weekly blockchain meetings and the close cooperation between the science innovation and finance sectors, function as a powerful driving force behind the blockchain industry in Israel.
3. The “Israeli Factor” – Israel is well known for its entrepreneurial spirit and booming startups scene, successfully introducing many cutting edge technologies to the world
4. Israel is uniquely geographically positioned to serve as a gateway to numerous markets. Providing easy access to Europe as well as to Eastern Asian and African countries, Israel is ideally located for conducting business with foreign markets.
5. Israel’s relatively small size (approximately 20,000 sq. km), provides for a highly concentrated business arena. Consequently, due to their fairly close proximity, it is very easy for companies throughout the country, to interact and collaborate with each other.
Deloitte’s report profiles 38 blockchain firms domiciled within Israel, with background histories on each firm and detailed financial figures.
Deloitte has already established a presence in Israel with its Rubix project, a platform that allows developers to create customizable Blockchains and smart contract applications.
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019